Expat living in los

Just now, swissie said:

Hi Spark. Do as others have done. Cruise around by bus. (very economical). Visit all the places you have in mind. After that, you may have found a home in Thailand.

Or: Others that have done the same thing having found out that "Thailand is not for me".

Only way to go. Instead of of investing money and emotions in Thailand beforehand.

Yes i agree

11 minutes ago, swissie said:

Hi Spark. Do as others have done. Cruise around by bus. (very economical). Visit all the places you have in mind. After that, you may have found a home in Thailand.

Or: Others that have done the same thing having found out that "Thailand is not for me".

Only way to go. Instead of of investing money and emotions in Thailand beforehand.

And go slow, give yourself a chance to get to know a place instead of jumping from one place to another. That is more suitable when you finely settle her, and get your own transport. 

How old are you if I am allowed to ask?

Join a bicycle group, or motorbike group, kayaking or something you can connect with others socially? 

The only place to meet people in Thailand, is bars or through activities or similar. Others find people on dating app and mark a traveling  map based on who they want to meet ????

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

And go slow, give yourself a chance to get to know a place instead of jumping from one place to another. That is more suitable when you finely settle her, and get your own transport. 

How old are you if I am allowed to ask?

Join a bicycle group, or motorbike group, kayaking or something you can connect with others socially? 

The only place to meet people in Thailand, is bars or through activities or similar. Others find people on dating app and mark a traveling  map based on who they want to meet ????

Late 40s

Act 12 feel 72

• Like 1

Just want to warn you, it's hot up here in Chiang Mai, at least to my unacclimated self. Issan? Gonna be brutal. I'm back in the room 11 AM to 5 PM. Eventually, that's when I'll do my language course and gym.

And you may as well complete your loop and add on Khorat, which makes more sense geographically than Chiang Mai.

4 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

Fly into Suvanabhumi with all your worldly possessions in a small backpack, taxi to the sky lane, rent a bike and disappear into the sunset.  After a week, start looking for a shop that sells laundry detergent and maps.

I like it

1 minute ago, LaosLover said:

Just want to warn you, it's hot up here in Chiang Mai, at least to my unacclimated self. Issan? Gonna be brutal. I'm back in the room 11 AM to 5 PM. Eventually, that's when I'll do my language course and gym.

And you may as well complete your loop and add on Khorat, which makes more sense geographically than Chiang Mai.

The only thing that makes sense when someone do not have any wheels or transport by themselves is to seek out the best beaches! Check out Trang, and stay on the west coast, unless it is the rainy windy season. If I did not have my place and gf I would never ever lived voluntarily in Isaan, or any other mainland places without a decent tourist facilities. I guess I would have been done with Thailand by now, and been in Philippines instead maybe. 

Just now, Hummin said:

The only thing that makes sense when someone do not have any wheels or transport by themselves is to seek out the best beaches! Check out Trang, and stay on the west coast, unless it is the rainy windy season. If I did not have my place and gf I would never ever lived voluntarily in Isaan, or any other mainland places without a decent tourist facilities. I guess I would have been done with Thailand by now, and been in Philippines instead maybe. 

I like Trang.

1 minute ago, daveAustin said:

Looking for a place to live? Hang in each place for at least a month. Out of those, CM wins hands down on quality food, cafes, sophisticated folk etc. Do some tours to meet folk, always be smiling and wear nice shoes. ????

How's your Thai?

Shoes attract the ladies?