Why don't Makro make this small change?

ESLTeacher1989

Your talking about a Deli service where you order by the 1/4 kilo, 1/2 kilo and they slice it and package it for you.  Unfortunately they only will slice the salami, etc... and cheese for you at the special counter at Makro, well at least the one I go to on Rama 3 here in BKK.  I have yet to see fully cooked lunch meats available at Makro.  If you want Deli service you will have to go to Tops or Villa.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

And what about the workers that don't cut meat? They get nothing extra. That will put some people in a good mood if someone can make an extra 500 per day (!).

I remember from my days as flight attendant. We all got a reasonable salary (alas, those days are long gone), but I made over 200 Euro extra per month, because of the duty free sales. I have had colleagues that got angry, because I deprived them from an extra income.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rmac442 said:

Easier question ..why does Lotus's sell such rubbish bread ? Currently worse than 7/11 !!!

Unfortunately they were never colonised so they never learned to make bread like they do in Laos, Cambodia or Vietnam!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ESLTeacher1989 said:

Ok so let say instead of Makro ......selling sliced chicken breast for a higher price, they allowed Makro workers during Non-peak hours to provide a cutting service for just 5-10B added on as a Tip for the work

If a Makro worker works a 10 hour shift and provides this service 5 times per hour or every 15 minutes or do =

50 times x 10 baht = 500 baht extra for the worker per day

x 10 days 5k baht extra a month for workers

and then rotate staff. Considering most Makro staff are probably on 15k-20k baht, 5k extra baht could make a lot of difference

The fatal flaw in your cunning plan is that cheap charlies don't tip.

To me, i think the answer is just that, that’s not Makros’ business model .. they go for mass volume, lower SKU count inventory and with little to no personalization… and given how they’re structured, that makes sense 

The more small-lot retail shops are better equipped and staffed to sell smaller lots, offer a wider range of SKUs and to allow for a greater degree of personalization. 

Its just a different market and operating model.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1