WRLife medical insurance - experiences?

bradiston

17 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Couldn't care less if you asked or not, your knowledge on the subject is weak 

You cared enough to butt-in and answer a question I specifically asked of another member. But of course, your knowledge is...

Stroll on.

13 hours ago, BestB said:

Google is your friend 👍

Oddly enough, last year while working on my 'weak' knowledge of WRlife, I asked a broker about them. He said he wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. When I asked why, he said, "Google is your friend".

You too, eh?

Stroll on, I mean.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

You cared enough to butt-in and answer a question I specifically asked of another member. But of course, your knowledge is...

Stroll on.

Oddly enough, last year while working on my 'weak' knowledge of WRlife, I asked a broker about them. He said he wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. When I asked why, he said, "Google is your friend".

You too, eh?

Stroll on, I mean.

yes. google is your friend and I am pretty shocked at their unprofessional replies written by a 12 year old. Glad I trusted my instincts on that one....

15 hours ago, BestB said:

Google is your friend 👍

Might just be your worst enemy until you figure out how to use it better.

From what I can see, their reviews are on par with other health insurance companies.  Most, but not all, of the negatives are from people speculating, like yourself, rather than actual experiences.

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, QuantumQuandry said:

From what I can see, their reviews are on par with other health insurance companies.  Most, but not all, of the negatives are from people speculating, like yourself, rather than actual experiences.

Agree. I've been with them for about 18 months. Needed treatment for cellulitis, 3 nights in Bangkok Pattaya hospital and follow ups covered, no problem, roughly 100k THB. They put a 12 month moratorium on my afib, about which I have no complaints.

People here on expensive plans with other insurers, gripe about them constantly. For the over 70s with existing conditions, there's not a lot of choice if you're watching pennies. They fill that gap. I don't know what more people want. Show me a low cost insurer who comes anywhere near them. Yes, it may be "so far, so good", but same in all walks of life, right? There's hype everywhere. You pays yer money....

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, bradiston said:

Agree. I've been with them for about 18 months. Needed treatment for cellulitis, 3 nights in Bangkok Pattaya hospital and follow ups covered, no problem, roughly 100k THB. They put a 12 month moratorium on my afib, about which I have no complaints.

People here on expensive plans with other insurers, gripe about them constantly. For the over 70s with existing conditions, there's not a lot of choice if you're watching pennies. They fill that gap. I don't know what more people want. Show me a low cost insurer who comes anywhere near them. Yes, it may be "so far, so good", but same in all walks of life, right? There's hype everywhere. You pays yer money....

The lack of financials, ombudsman and legal path doesn't seem to bother you, ok

7 hours ago, QuantumQuandry said:

you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

how many more red flags do you need to comprehend cheap does not mean must have ?

same as other insurance companies ? Really ? Do tell how many other  insurance companies has a score of 2? 

do tell which other insurance companies have a registered capital of 1 million and offer policies without increase , cover pre existing and age to 100?

do tell which other insurance companies register in 1 country , regulated by another but operate in third? And do not offer cover to people of the country they operate in 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

The lack of financials, ombudsman and legal path doesn't seem to bother you, ok

No, it doesn't. If I weigh it all up, I have maybe a 10 years' cover requirement left. If I was 50, I'd more than likely be looking elsewhere. I'm suggesting there's a  shrinking probability of a claim the older you get. Seems counter intuitive I know. But when the countdown starts, are you really going to pour money into a safe launch? Bit late for that!

What insurer do you use? Are you 100% ok with all of the above? Which country would you have to litigate in? What are the chances you would ever have to litigate? Somebody who works in insurance, and in particular, statistical analysis, could maybe answer that. The best laid plans of mice and men gang oft agley...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BestB said:

how many more red flags do you need to comprehend cheap does not mean must have ?

same as other insurance companies ? Really ? Do tell how many other  insurance companies has a score of 2? 

do tell which other insurance companies have a registered capital of 1 million and offer policies without increase , cover pre existing and age to 100?

do tell which other insurance companies register in 1 country , regulated by another but operate in third? And do not offer cover to people of the country they operate in 

Yes, they're truly unique. Follow the crowd. See where it gets you. Nobody's forcing you to sign up. Why does it anger you? We're all adults. We can all decide what's best for ourselves. Everybody's situation is different. Horses for courses, drinking or not. There are many ways to lose money in this life. This seems to me a reasonable bet, which don't always pay, agreed. Yeah, it's a gamble. But for me it's within acceptable limits.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

Yes, they're truly unique. Follow the crowd. See where it gets you. Nobody's forcing you to sign up. Why does it anger you? We're all adults. We can all decide what's best for ourselves. Everybody's situation is different. Horses for courses, drinking or not. There are many ways to lose money in this life. This seems to me a reasonable bet, which don't always pay, agreed. Yeah, it's a gamble. But for me it's within acceptable limits.

If you think 1  million is acceptable capital , then all the best of luck to you 😂

and if you think it’s a reasonable bet , safe to assume you did not achieve much in life .

and what happens when you suffer serious illness and you are denied or delayed ? Gofundme ? Or a new topic what to do ?

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I have a suspicion that some of those who are desperately trying to steer people away from WRLife may have another agenda!

I have a suspicion all those holding a policy try to convince themselves it’s a legit policy despite all the facts pointing otherwise 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, BestB said:

If you think 1  million is acceptable capital , then all the best of luck to you 😂

and if you think it’s a reasonable bet , safe to assume you did not achieve much in life .

and what happens when you suffer serious illness and you are denied or delayed ? Gofundme ? Or a new topic what to do ?

I don't get why you're banging on about it, if you're not insured with them. You can go your own way. I suppose I could start screaming about what a rip off your insurer is. No, I don't know who they are, but who cares? You make grossly inaccurate insulting assumptions about my life and my situation, so why shouldn't I about yours? Huh? Go fund yourself.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BestB said:

You sure do lean on cliches and metaphors, rather than solid arguments, a lot.

2 hours ago, BestB said:

Every one of these is a straw man argument.  I already stated that there are concerns and extra risk, due to their financials.  I just pointed out that it's part of the gamble that you take for a lower payment and that there is a spectrum of risk with every company (or even self insuring).  To which you, of course, replied with an incorrect metaphor.

2 hours ago, BestB said:

This is the sole, single sentence you offered that was actually relevant to what *I* said.  Good job.  Except...it doesn't address the actual question, about their reviews *in comparison* to others, does it?  So I googled some of the other major names to do this for you and I am not seeing reviews for most of them.  So it's hard to do a comparison, relying on Google reviews.

Trustpilot has them, though (https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.wrlife.net), which I think you, yourself, mentioned previously(?).  WRLife is 3.8 out of 5.  For comparison, Blue Cross/Blue Shield is 1.8.  Bupa is 4.1.  Allianz is 4.1 or 4.4(?).  Cigna is 4.1.

I have also gone out and read actual people reviewing them, in depth, on forums and reddit.  Pretty much everything I could find (and there isn't a lot so any comparison is probably low confidence, anyway).  Ignoring people, like yourself, that are negative because of theory, rather than actual experience, there absolutely are a small number of people who said they didn't get their claims paid and several who said they did.  It seemed very much in line with what I read from Pacific Cross, except with less overall reviews.  Which makes sense since they are a smaller and newer company.

And, again, every agent in Pattaya I found that does NOT sell WRLife (i.e. they are a competitor) said that WRLife was paying legit claims.  And to be fair, they, like you, are skeptical that they are too good to be true.  However, they, unlike you, are not being disingenuous about it.

I think it's totally reasonable to have some skepticism and evaluate it as a higher risk.  But some people seem to want to just push a 'good/bad' opinion, rather than actually evaluate it.

Either way, throw some more cliches at us, I won't argue with you, anymore.  I came for some evaluation and analysis (and it's good to hear about the financials, thank you to those who analyzed that part).  But arguing with you, in particular, is not educational.

Edited by QuantumQuandry
  • Love It 1
  • Agree 1

59 minutes ago, BestB said:

I have a suspicion all those holding a policy try to convince themselves it’s a legit policy despite all the facts pointing otherwise 

If they've already signed-up and are a paid policy holder, they have already been convinced that it suits their needs.  Not sure your scare-mongering makes a difference.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

It's the opposite of that hence why premiums go up with age

Yes but over a much shorter term for a 70 year old than say a 30 year old. And I'd like to see figures bearing out your assertion. The distressed Gofundme calls are mostly from the under 50s. Or so it seems. Especially for the young kids that come out here and smash themselves up on bikes. Who is really a greater risk? A 70 year old strolling along to the bar for a swift half with his mates, or the 25 year old nut behind the wheel? It's quite possible older policyholders are subsidising the young? Where are the figures?

2 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

If they've already signed-up and are a paid policy holder, they have already been convinced that it suits their needs.  Not sure your scare-mongering makes a difference.

You are one of those, so unsure why you referring to others.

i am sure all the “smart” ones who invested with Burnie were also convinced, putting aside all the red flags 

sad part is no matter how much anyone points out to obvious scam , all the red flags , you lot keep insisting it’s all good 😂 why? Because it’s cheap and because you were either lazy or too ignorant to do basic due diligence on the company 

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

Yes but over a much shorter term for a 70 year old than say a 30 year old. And I'd like to see figures bearing out your assertion. The distressed Gofundme calls are mostly from the under 50s. Or so it seems. Especially for the young kids that come out here and smash themselves up on bikes. Who is really a greater risk? A 70 year old strolling along to the bar for a swift half with his mates, or the 25 year old nut behind the wheel? It's quite possible older policyholders are subsidising the young? Where are the figures?

as Sheryl already pointed out and for the 5th time , WR targets only old and tight budget for a reason. As I pointed out earlier I was advised by WR if I was young and healthy, best I look elsewhere but if I was old and sick they are the company . This is utter nonsense which defies all logic and all insurance principles 

it’s like car insurance saying if you never had an accident we don’t want you but if you crash frequently will give you cover and cheaper than anyone else who does not crash and will not put your premium up when you do crash again and again and again

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bradiston said:

I don't get why you're banging on about it, if you're not insured with them. You can go your own way. I suppose I could start screaming about what a rip off your insurer is. No, I don't know who they are, but who cares? You make grossly inaccurate insulting assumptions about my life and my situation, so why shouldn't I about yours? Huh? Go fund yourself.

to warn clueless people like you, which clearly is falling on deaf ears

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

I can assure you that the risk has been thoroughly quantified by trained actuaries and that everywhere, health insurance claims payouts rise with age group. Quite dramatically so after age 65.

Indeed, younger people are more likely to get in an accident due to risky behavior, but even accidents are more common (and have more severe consequences) in the elderly, which is why it is so hard to get a Personal Accident policy once old. Even a mild fall can break a hip in an old person, one that would leave only a bruise in a young person.

Ok, but my experience is, I've made one claim, amounting to about 100k THB, in 18 months, for a bacterial skin infection. My first and only hospitalisation in 74 years. I used to insure against PA, but the cover was so small, it would hardly cover one night in a private hospital. I'm ok with my current premium of 10,400 THB pm inpatient with WRLife. People may choose to argue about it, but for me, it's a good fit. Broken hip, stroke, bike accident... I'm covered. I've yet to read an instance where WRLife refused or failed to pay for illegitimate reasons. And I don't give a lot of credence to review sites. I found out about them from an acquaintance who had a whole variety of disorders. All of them were covered by WRLife.

If you like Bitcoin, I'm not going to waste your time telling you it's a Ponzi scheme, because a. I'm not in a position to judge, and b. Do I care? No!

3 hours ago, QuantumQuandry said:

You sure do lean on cliches and metaphors, rather than solid arguments, a lot.

Every one of these is a straw man argument.  I already stated that there are concerns and extra risk, due to their financials.  I just pointed out that it's part of the gamble that you take for a lower payment and that there is a spectrum of risk with every company (or even self insuring).  To which you, of course, replied with an incorrect metaphor.

This is the sole, single sentence you offered that was actually relevant to what *I* said.  Good job.  Except...it doesn't address the actual question, about their reviews *in comparison* to others, does it?  So I googled some of the other major names to do this for you and I am not seeing reviews for most of them.  So it's hard to do a comparison, relying on Google reviews.

Trustpilot has them, though (https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.wrlife.net), which I think you, yourself, mentioned previously(?).  WRLife is 3.8 out of 5.  For comparison, Blue Cross/Blue Shield is 1.8.  Bupa is 4.1.  Allianz is 4.1 or 4.4(?).  Cigna is 4.1.

I have also gone out and read actual people reviewing them, in depth, on forums and reddit.  Pretty much everything I could find (and there isn't a lot so any comparison is probably low confidence, anyway).  Ignoring people, like yourself, that are negative because of theory, rather than actual experience, there absolutely are a small number of people who said they didn't get their claims paid and several who said they did.  It seemed very much in line with what I read from Pacific Cross, except with less overall reviews.  Which makes sense since they are a smaller and newer company.

And, again, every agent in Pattaya I found that does NOT sell WRLife (i.e. they are a competitor) said that WRLife was paying legit claims.  And to be fair, they, like you, are skeptical that they are too good to be true.  However, they, unlike you, are not being disingenuous about it.

I think it's totally reasonable to have some skepticism and evaluate it as a higher risk.  But some people seem to want to just push a 'good/bad' opinion, rather than actually evaluate it.

Either way, throw some more cliches at us, I won't argue with you, anymore.  I came for some evaluation and analysis (and it's good to hear about the financials, thank you to those who analyzed that part).  But arguing with you, in particular, is not educational.

lots of waffle with very little substance

Lets start with your stats on review, did you bother to read trustpilot reviews for WR? all fake, including owner Patrick Lorentz wiring a review for himself.

All have 1 review only, all quoting amounts paid in USD, which is funny considering thai hospitals do not charge in USD

Not a single one quotes hospital or location where they were treated and yet all have location as Thailand.

Their financials is not an extra risk but major red alarms going off risk.

Fact that company is registered in one country, regulated by another but operating in third without any registration is more than major red alarms going off risk, this is church bells on fire 

As for your claim about agents and brokers, yet another made up nonsense. No only not a single reputable brokers with a shop front does not sell it but pathetically enough ones that do, do not even know what they are selling

German broker in Jomtien, has no idea what registered capital is, who regulators are/is and according to him young people do not live in Thailand because they do not have visa's

By all means, if your broker is one of those, then WR is best choice 😂

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, BestB said:

as Sheryl already pointed out and for the 5th time , WR targets only old and tight budget for a reason. As I pointed out earlier I was advised by WR if I was young and healthy, best I look elsewhere but if I was old and sick they are the company . This is utter nonsense which defies all logic and all insurance principles 

it’s like car insurance saying if you never had an accident we don’t want you but if you crash frequently will give you cover and cheaper than anyone else who does not crash and will not put your premium up when you do crash again and again and again

I don't actually believe any insurer would advise in such a way. And "WR" don't as far as I know, do any direct selling. Who did you talk to there? And I don't know anything about them "targeting old and tight budget". Where do you get this stuff?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BestB said:

lots of waffle with very little substance

Lets start with your stats on review, did you bother to read trustpilot reviews for WR? all fake, including owner Patrick Lorentz wiring a review for himself.

All have 1 review only, all quoting amounts paid in USD, which is funny considering thai hospitals do not charge in USD

Not a single one quotes hospital or location where they were treated and yet all have location as Thailand.

Their financials is not an extra risk but major red alarms going off risk.

Fact that company is registered in one country, regulated by another but operating in third without any registration is more than major red alarms going off risk, this is church bells on fire 

As for your claim about agents and brokers, yet another made up nonsense. No only not a single reputable brokers with a shop front does not sell it but pathetically enough ones that do, do not even know what they are selling

German broker in Jomtien, has no idea what registered capital is, who regulators are/is and according to him young people do not live in Thailand because they do not have visa's

By all means, if your broker is one of those, then WR is best choice 😂

Judging from your posts, you appear to be extremely anxious about your own insurance. So insecure you have to attack everyone who insurers with WRLife. Why? Worried about your own position? Keep your advice. In fact, you know what you can do with it.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Judging from your posts, you appear to be extremely anxious about your own insurance. So insecure you have to attack everyone who insurers with WRLife. Why? Worried about your own position? Keep your advice. In fact, you know what you can do with it.

Considering your risk assessment abilities I would stay away from attempting to be a phycologist 👍

41 minutes ago, bradiston said:

I don't actually believe any insurer would advise in such a way. And "WR" don't as far as I know, do any direct selling. Who did you talk to there? And I don't know anything about them "targeting old and tight budget". Where do you get this stuff?

And why do you think WR do not do direct selling ? What do you it has to do with ?

IMG_0840.png

@bradiston

did cat catch your tongue? No apology? No awakening yet?

insurance companies with billions in capital will not cover but a savior with no money will 

totally logical right ? No red flags ? Oh but wait , when you are declined , where do you propose to complain ? In US ? About a company that does not operate in US or in UK about a company that is not registered with any regulators ? Or perhaps in Thailand ? About a company which is not registered anywhere .

1 hour ago, BestB said:

@bradiston

did cat catch your tongue? No apology? No awakening yet?

insurance companies with billions in capital will not cover but a savior with no money will 

totally logical right ? No red flags ? Oh but wait , when you are declined , where do you propose to complain ? In US ? About a company that does not operate in US or in UK about a company that is not registered with any regulators ? Or perhaps in Thailand ? About a company which is not registered anywhere .

If they decline my claim, I'll moan about it here and on Facebook just like everybody else does when they're declined by their insurer!

9 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

If they decline my claim, I'll moan about it here and on Facebook just like everybody else does when they're declined by their insurer!

You do rrealize that genuinely no where to complain , or to appeal . even if you were to sue them , not possible in Thailand