WRLife medical insurance - experiences?

bradiston

I've met 2 main reps for Thailand and the main rep for SE Asia who knows VPs of most the other offshore plans (he can get you qualified in a single a day the other rep wanted my doc to fill out 3 pages of health reports, chest x ray and blood work), both these guys are on the plan. You can spend 4X more on bigger brand name companies or go with WR Life and and get just as good as coverage, DM if want want the name of the SE Asia rep, the guy knows all the details and after my meeting with him and talking with the other rep I have no doubt this the best plan for full coverage and value. 

• 7 months later...

It would be very interesting to ask to the main private hospitals in Pattaya if they have already experience with WRLife... Would be the first step to know something about this insurance. Advertising from Wrlife is more and more posted in Facebook, for instance!9

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2022 at 5:57 PM, KannikaP said:

Reply from WRLife (or is it WrLife) after cancelling my policy.

This is cancelled, you are right better to pay a more expensive premium for the same service.

I think they meant to write ''don't you know who I am?'' ???? Unbeievable.

• Confused 2

On 8/8/2022 at 4:00 PM, bradiston said:

Can't see how they can cover preexisting but if they are contracted to, so be it. They put my Afib on at first a 12 month moratorium, but in the cover note ( I haven't paid yet) it went to 24 months. I can't see how they can cover cardiovascular knowing I have Afib.

Oh, and the registration is with Orias, which seems to be a French authority.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://orias.fr/home/documents/ORIAS-STATIC-ANNUAL-REPORTS-EN-2011&ved=2ahUKEwiA6rK70rb5AhXY-TgGHSOIASkQFnoECAYQAQ&usg=AOvVaw28L24FouydBKtfi831cz_C

easy come easy go seems to be your philosophy. I will GUARANTEE you that whoever is the actual insurer will not accept a claim for a pre-existing condition. my wife disclosed a pre existing condition of ''floaters'' (black dots in your eyes) to the insurance company, 30+ years ago. She had 2 operations in 2022 at Bangkok Intl - one of Lasik surgery (which the insurer paid for) and the other for the removal of the 'floaters'. The claim for that was denied. Every year, on the policy renewal notice, it says there, in black and white: ''excludes coverage for pre-existing condition - of floaters. start shopping around for 'real' insurance' and i suggests you choose an insurer that is registered in Thailand.

• Confused 2

9 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Yep, the CEO was really bad mannered and evasive. 

C'est la vie ???? his name wasn't Lorenze, by any chance?. I was somewhere on social media,  and that name came up as the insurance company _ Lorenze or Lorenzeth or similar)...Capital, I think.

1 minute ago, paddypower said:

C'est la vie ???? his name wasn't Lorenze, by any chance?. I was somewhere on social media,  and that name came up as the insurance company _ Lorenze or Lorenzeth or similar)...Capital, I think.

Yes, that was him. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Quite a mixed bag of reviews, but 76% are 5 star. I'm not trying to push the company, just taking a broad view. And yes, I am insured with them.

And have you made a successful claim?

I recall watching a Ch4 programme where the presenter formed a fake, non-trading company, and got 5 stars on Trustpilot in two weeks.

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:

And have you made a successful claim?

I recall watching a Ch4 programme where the presenter formed a fake, non-trading company, and got 5 stars on Trustpilot in two weeks.

No I haven't had cause to having not had any inpatient treatment. But it was a bit of a slap when I found out that optical is excluded - it's an add on - and cataract surgery is an OPD procedure which i don't have cover for in any case. I keep my policy going for major surgery/chronic illness etc. Almost everything else is excluded.

1 minute ago, bradiston said:

No I haven't had cause to having not had any inpatient treatment. But it was a bit of a slap when I found out that optical is excluded - it's an add on - and cataract surgery is an OPD procedure which i don't have cover for in any case. I keep my policy going for major surgery/chronic illness etc. Almost everything else is excluded.

So you will keep on paying the premium until your claim is rejected? 

I just paid Bht 45k for gall bladder removal at University Hospital in P'lok. 6 month's premiums!

6 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

So you will keep on paying the premium until your claim is rejected? 

I just paid Bht 45k for gall bladder removal at University Hospital in P'lok. 6 month's premiums!

That's called being wise after the event. A silly argument. Supposing it was the result of a serious accident costing millions. Or cancer. Or whatever, heart bypass.

1 minute ago, bradiston said:

That's called being wise after the event. A silly argument. Supposing it was the result of a serious accident costing millions. Or cancer. Or whatever, heart bypass.

Yes, you are right. See how it goes then.

12 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Maybe he was the only one who claimed. How many say they weren't paid, and why?

There have been so many threads & replies about WRLife. I am not going to check, but you can do if you want.

I really do hope that IF a bad one occurs, you DO get paid. Cheers.

Hi, I a broker for wrlife in pattaya. Till now, 4 get paid and one only his first claim. But not his second outpatient one. Till now, I can and will say, this insurance is good. He have no offices around Thailand, only in Bangkok. There is till now no increase in the premium, except after claim. 3% only. The moratorium about old sicknesses are 3years. For diabetes, new knee and this. This will be stated in the policy to. If you want more Infos, please call me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have recently taken a policy out with this company. I searched online for information about them, but there is little information which concerned me so I went to Bangkok Pattaya hospital and spoke to a gentleman in the international claims department. He obviously said he couldn’t recommend any particular company but he said that he was aware of Wrlife and told me that if I was hospitalised they would contact ASI international for the guarantee of insurance payment. I am not recommending them but I felt a bit more comfortable. Hope this helps.

• Thanks 2

I was given the ok by WRLife to stay in Bangkok Pattaya Hospital for treatment for an infected cut on my arm. Probably a 100,000 THB bill. I declined. A daily visit for 3 days and an hour on an antibiotic drip would do me. And places to go, people to see! Plus 15,000 THB for self insure. Seems daft really. My premiums would have gone up by 3%, 300 THB per month. Nothing really. So I can't report on what would have been provided.

But they won't cover you in Jomtien Pattaya Hospital.

On 11/8/2023 at 1:06 PM, bradiston said:

Update. I was eventually admitted as it turned out more complicated than I thought. Estimated length of stay was 5 to 7 days, @ 30 to 35k per night. WRLife didn't take long to approve it. It took a while for the paperwork to get to them.

Room excellent, 10th floor, bay view,  lovely staff, decent TV channels, and food much improved after I complained initially owing to crimes committed in the name of the hapless "American Breakfast". There's a 7/11 on the ground floor, a Starbucks, S & P and a few other places to hang out. I'm free to wander about, wheelchair service available 24/7.

So hats off! WR came through on my first serious claim. Luckily not for too serious a problem. Should be gone in a day or two.

Course, YMMV, but I'm happy with it so far.

They probably look at premiums paid so far and how big the claim is before deciding whether to pay out

• Confused 1

It appears that most respondents on this thread are unaware of how the mutual insurance model works. There's also a lot of ignorance about what a deductible or co-pay is for.

Do your own due-diligence, but if it's too challenging, speak to an insurance broker.

I don't see any reason to castigate ANY insurance company if one hasn't used them, or used them but failed to read the 'small print', or cancelled a policy because it 'didn't feel right' and not because of any challenging claims or actual bad experience.

• Like 2