WRLife medical insurance - experiences?

bradiston

On 11/8/2023 at 1:06 PM, bradiston said:

Update. I was eventually admitted as it turned out more complicated than I thought. Estimated length of stay was 5 to 7 days, @ 30 to 35k per night. WRLife didn't take long to approve it. It took a while for the paperwork to get to them.

Room excellent, 10th floor, bay view,  lovely staff, decent TV channels, and food much improved after I complained initially owing to crimes committed in the name of the hapless "American Breakfast". There's a 7/11 on the ground floor, a Starbucks, S & P and a few other places to hang out. I'm free to wander about, wheelchair service available 24/7.

So hats off! WR came through on my first serious claim. Luckily not for too serious a problem. Should be gone in a day or two.

Course, YMMV, but I'm happy with it so far.

Thanks for the report.  

• 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, BestB said:

A never ending debate.so here is a few points  I found

- regulated by Nevis , registered capital 1 million USD

- underwriter Lorentz capital , ie same owner   Registered capital 300 000 pounds

- not available to Thai people ? Why? I can think of only 1 reason 

- Unlike any other company covers pre existing conditions , without loading and no price increase if no claims. Makes you wonder how exactly they make money 

- most google reviews are negative 

- all replies to google reviews claim it’s a fake written by another insurance company 😂

- trust pilot reviews , mostly positive , all paid reviews , ie WR paid for this reviews , including a review by the owner himself praising how good the company is

-unlike any other company, main target market are old people on a tight budget, ask your self why?

- their official advice is if you sick you must chose WR Life but if you healthy best to pick another company ( yes, really and I kept the chat) 

- have read but can not personally confirm but there are claims it is not a registered insurance company or a broker in Thailand, which explains why Thai are not accepted  and why policies are sold through other brokers 

- same as above , some have stated, WR pays from premiums received, ie if the piggy bank is empty you get either ignored or denied. 

My WRLife policy makes it clear that undisclosed pre-existing conditions are not covered.

6 minutes ago, BestB said:

Was not the point 

Then why write this if it's not true? - 'Unlike any other company covers pre existing conditions , without loading and no price increase if no claims. Makes you wonder how exactly they make money"

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Then why write this if it's not true? - 'Unlike any other company covers pre existing conditions , without loading and no price increase if no claims. Makes you wonder how exactly they make money"

No other company covers pre existing conditions, and if by some miracle they might , they will do a loading of at least 25%. 

not only that, but most reputable companies will add a loading and not cover pre existing conditions 

saying all of the above , I have zero interest explaining it to you, as clearly you are incapable of reading provided info and set on having a policy just because it’s cheap 😂,  even overlooking the fact that registered capital is laughable to say the least.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, BestB said:

No other company covers pre existing conditions, and if by some miracle they might , they will do a loading of at least 25%. 

not only that, but most reputable companies will add a loading and not cover pre existing conditions 

saying all of the above , I have zero interest explaining it to you, as clearly you are incapable of reading provided info and set on having a policy just because it’s cheap 😂,  even overlooking the fact that registered capital is laughable to say the least.

And, as I've pointed out to you, WRLife does not cover pre-existing conditions.

37 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

but I've seen posts where people think their pre-existing conditions are covered after 6 months. Maybe it's whatever the salesman needs to say to seal the deal

• Thumbs Up 2

49 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

They advertise it , but you pointed out so will take your word for it 

12 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

but I've seen posts where people think their pre-existing conditions are covered after 6 months. Maybe it's whatever the salesman needs to say to seal the deal

FB ads by WR exclusive brokers advertise it but from memory have some waiting period.

As I mentioned, their words not mine and I quote if you sick you must chose WR Life but if you healthy best to pick another company, this was the advice I was given by them. 

Also in google reviews, their replies say because of undisclosed pre existing conditions instead of saying pre existing is not covered.

another puzzling fact, most who claim to have been paid always quoting how much it was in USD or pounds , yet hospitals charge in Thai baht

23 minutes ago, BestB said:

FB ads by WR exclusive brokers advertise it but from memory have some waiting period.

As I mentioned, their words not mine and I quote if you sick you must chose WR Life but if you healthy best to pick another company, this was the advice I was given by them. 

Also in google reviews, their replies say because of undisclosed pre existing conditions instead of saying pre existing is not covered.

another puzzling fact, most who claim to have been paid always quoting how much it was in USD or pounds , yet hospitals charge in Thai baht

WRLife have payment arrangements with most hospitals, so payment is made by them direct to the hospital.  At least that's what they told me; I haven't had to make a claim yet.

2 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

WRLife have payment arrangements with most hospitals, so payment is made by them direct to the hospital.  At least that's what they told me; I haven't had to make a claim yet.

And now you starting to catch on. So if they have direct billing, then why all reviews people are made to pay and then claim and why those posting policy was paid quoting USD ? 

Just now, BestB said:

And now you starting to catch on. So if they have direct billing, then why all reviews people are made to pay and then claim and why those posting policy was paid quoting USD ? 

I haven't seen those reviews.  Are they on this Forum or do you have a link?

I had the option of paying my Premium in $, £ or baht.  I chose £ as a paid with a UK credit card.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I haven't seen those reviews.  Are they on this Forum or do you have a link?

I had the option of paying my Premium in $, £ or baht.  I chose £ as a paid with a UK credit card.

Google review, trustpilot and fb.

it makes no difference what currency you paid, Thai hospitals do not charge in foreign currency but Thai baht. Thai hospitals quote in Thai baht and accept Thai baht payments only. 

By your own admission its direct billing so you would not even know how much until discharge and bill given and even then it’s in Thai baht

if you wrong and people are made to pay and then claim , they will also be claiming in Thai baht because bill is in Thai baht 

I fully understand your insistence that it’s a good company and cover for fraction of the price, sadly all the evidence points in another direction.

would you deposit money into a bank which does not have any capital ?  This is no different. 1 million USD for insurance company is below any minimum or even anywhere near it 

300 000 pounds for an underwriter is even worse

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, BestB said:

Google review, trustpilot and fb.

it makes no difference what currency you paid, Thai hospitals do not charge in foreign currency but Thai baht. Thai hospitals quote in Thai baht and accept Thai baht payments only. 

By your own admission its direct billing so you would not even know how much until discharge and bill given and even then it’s in Thai baht

if you wrong and people are made to pay and then claim , they will also be claiming in Thai baht because bill is in Thai baht 

I fully understand your insistence that it’s a good company and cover for fraction of the price, sadly all the evidence points in another direction.

would you deposit money into a bank which does not have any capital ?  This is no different. 1 million USD for insurance company is below any minimum or even anywhere near it 

300 000 pounds for an underwriter is even worse

All good points I'm sure.  Too late for me now, as I and my family have been insured with them for over 2 years now.  I had issues in the past with Regency for Expats, Luma and IH, and so far WRLife have been easier to deal with.  The broker I've used for 12+ years recommended them, so I took his advice.  Time will tell!

39 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

All good points I'm sure.  Too late for me now, as I and my family have been insured with them for over 2 years now.  I had issues in the past with Regency for Expats, Luma and IH, and so far WRLife have been easier to deal with.  The broker I've used for 12+ years recommended them, so I took his advice.  Time will tell!

May I ask , you say your family , Thai ? Because WR is not offering policy to Thai people, just something more for you to think about .

Also, just a thought m, have a look at AXA, previously was one of the most expensive ones, but have now introduced a few new plans and prices surprisingly good with full coverage.

i was with April international , changed over to AXA, half price premium. Admittedly yearly limit is much less. But enough to cover any incident . With April I had something like 100 million yearly , AXA I got 5 million but again half price premium 

28 minutes ago, BestB said:

May I ask , you say your family , Thai ? Because WR is not offering policy to Thai people, just something more for you to think about .

Also, just a thought m, have a look at AXA, previously was one of the most expensive ones, but have now introduced a few new plans and prices surprisingly good with full coverage.

i was with April international , changed over to AXA, half price premium. Admittedly yearly limit is much less. But enough to cover any incident . With April I had something like 100 million yearly , AXA I got 5 million but again half price premium 

Did you list out your pre-existing with Axa? had a quick look at the website and it's not part of the initial 5 steps

I can understand why people with WR Life policies want it to be legitimate, but it clearly isn't.

What are you going to do when your legitimate claim is denied? Appeal to which ombudsman? Sue who? Where?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BestB said:

No, my family are not Thai.   I'm not due to renew until September, so will mention AXA to my broker. 

34 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

I can understand why people with WR Life policies want it to be legitimate, but it clearly isn't.

What are you going to do when your legitimate claim is denied? Appeal to which ombudsman? Sue who? Where?

I'll have furious words with my broker! 

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Did you list out your pre-existing with Axa? had a quick look at the website and it's not part of the initial 5 steps

I do not have any , but application form was also somewhat different .

For example April asks if a smoker or drinker, AXA did not

April asked any prior surgeries , AXA asked any surgeries in past 5 years only 

On 1/13/2024 at 10:52 AM, BestB said:

This is just not true.
I have 2 Thai citizen on my policy. No questions asked when signing up

On 8/7/2022 at 10:58 AM, scubascuba3 said:

A few threads on them already maybe search on google. Problem is limited reviews and no one knows who underwrites them and what regs they follow and that includes customers

From the Information I have the are unregulated insurance with-in England and France. I was told by a broker that they are under investigation. Don't know if true or not.

On 1/15/2024 at 6:55 PM, Topprofile said:

This is just not true.
I have 2 Thai citizen on my policy. No questions asked when signing up

Well that is true as they clearly tell you so

• Haha 1

On 1/13/2024 at 10:08 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

No, a claim will tell.

• Like 1