WRLife medical insurance - experiences?

bradiston

On 8/9/2022 at 9:10 AM, KannikaP said:

Just seen this on the WRLife website......believe it or not.

BREAKING NEWS!
Older than 65 - after 6 months - reimbursement for pre-existing conditions (inpatient) such as:
Hypertension and cardiovascular disease, all tumors, polyp or cyst, hernias, hemorrhoids, prostate disease, diabetes, cancer, cholecystitis, cholelithiasis, urinary tract calculi.

Not sure how to read this?  They do?

or do NOT take care of those problems for customers?

4 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

Not sure how to read this?  They do?

or do NOT take care of those problems for customers?

I emailed the CEO of WrLife asking if my 6 month policy will now cover everything. His answer was simply YES.

• Like 1

Trying to decide on an Insurance company here now as well.  

WRLife not been in the mix.

AA recommended Pacific CRoss Health and April (thai though it appears, and not global).

Many think Aetna has been pretty good to them too.

Only problem with all these is @Sheryl highly recommends ONLY going thru global/western companies.  And none of these foot requirement.  Still awaiting a response from Wim at AA to provide those types of choices.  My first "ask" for this said April is French company, PCH is Tokyo headquarted...

So I replied I want exact clarity...if the policies he showed me are goverened by Thai laws or western laws.  Still awaiting response as I want to look over some international policy choices.

**Side note, working with PCH direct (as I simply thought I was going with them from a friend recommendation)...he's telling me they fully underwrite and do not require moratoriums.

I replied, your offer directly states you have a 30 day waiting period (moratorium) for X diseases and 120 day moratorium for others.  
--Blatant ignorancy or lying like that is very worrysome from the person I'm trusting my future health care choices from as the 'expert' to help me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

Trying to decide on an Insurance company here now as well.  

WRLife not been in the mix.

AA recommended Pacific CRoss Health and April (thai though it appears, and not global).

Many think Aetna has been pretty good to them too.

Only problem with all these is @Sheryl highly recommends ONLY going thru global/western companies.  And none of these foot requirement.  Still awaiting a response from Wim at AA to provide those types of choices.  My first "ask" for this said April is French company, PCH is Tokyo headquarted...

So I replied I want exact clarity...if the policies he showed me are goverened by Thai laws or western laws.  Still awaiting response as I want to look over some international policy choices.

**Side note, working with PCH direct (as I simply thought I was going with them from a friend recommendation)...he's telling me they fully underwrite and do not require moratoriums.

I replied, your offer directly states you have a 30 day waiting period (moratorium) for X diseases and 120 day moratorium for others.  
--Blatant ignorancy or lying like that is very worrysome from the person I'm trusting my future health care choices from as the 'expert' to help me.

Maybe posting on a different insurance thread would be more useful as this thread is specifically about "WRLife experiences".

4 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

And then you cancelled your WrLife policy per your August 8 posts.

When he assured me that everything would be covered, I re-instated my policy. 

This month's premium is paid so fingers crossed it's all OK.

• Like 1

I'm just going to post this for reference:

Seven Corners Travel Medical Insurance

Designed for travelers abroad, offers medical insurance when traveling outside your home country.

For nearly 30 years, Seven Corners has provided the best travel insurance for domestic * and international travel. The Seven Corners Assist team also has helped millions of customers with travel-related situations, including medical evacuations, translation services, and more.

* Domestic including foreign travelers inbound to the US.

Please be aware this coverage is not a general health insurance plan, but an interim, limited benefit period, travel medical program intended for use while away from your home country.

Insurance Underwriter: Certain Underwriters at Lloyd’s, London, rated “A” (Excellent) by AM Best.

https://www.sevencorners.com/plans/travel-medical-insurance

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, KannikaP said:

When he assured me that everything would be covered, I re-instated my policy. 

This month's premium is paid so fingers crossed it's all OK.

what rate are you paying at waht age? if you are ok to answer this ?

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

I am 74, no exclusions, £211 per month, from my Credit Card.

I'll have to ask about them then.  that's what they want from me roughly from PCH at age 47 (but in and out patient covered 100%).  And I'm told PCH cheaper than most.

Many exclusions in their standard exclusion bin.

Any conclusion to whether WRlife is a company western regulated or thai regulated?

44 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

Any conclusion to whether WRlife is a company western regulated or thai regulated?

I posted here the information they have in their English language policy doc:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1268153-wrlife-medical-insurance-experiences/?do=findComment&comment=17543105

Edited by jerrymahoney

15 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Dealing directly with a CEO of an insurance company that reinstates a cancelled policy AND blesses it with the latest special offer of even LESS restrictions than the cancelled one?

Someone's "died and gone to heaven" in insurance shopping world.

(not literally of course)

Note from WrLife Linkedin page:

Industries - Insurance
Company size - 11-50 employees

Headquarters  - London
Type - Privately Held

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, NanLaew said:

An insurance broker recommending that any disclosures are optional?

My experience which is NOT with the insurance company in question: My application for health insurance at age 64 (no medical required with a declaration of no pre-existing conditions) was accepted. However, on my first claim within 6-months, they did due diligence on my quite limited medical history. They found a single instance of slightly elevated Hypertension 1 grade blood pressure from about 6 years ago. Despite this having absolutely no relevance to the condition I was being treated and claiming for, they requested that I pay a 14% supplement on what I had already paid to maintain my annual coverage.

When I signed up, the 'small print' already stated that in the event of a claim within the first year, they reserved the right to research my personal medical history up to 10 years previous.

No drama for me personally but if an insurance company wants full disclosure, it's best to comply no?

My understanding was that WRLIfe didn't require that matters like taking BP medication be disclosed.  Maybe it will come back to bite me.  I've been insured by them for nearly a year now, so I've passed the 6-months rule.

55 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

I'm also a little confused from this thread?  is WRlife a broker you go to directly?  or a company you can ask your broker to price out for you and get quote from?

You can go to them directly.  I've used the same broker for many years, mainly as it's useful to have him involved in the event of a claim, and it was him who recommended I switch from my previous insurer and put forward WRLife.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I've used the same broker for many years, mainly as it's useful to have him involved in the event of a claim, and it was him who recommended I switch from my previous insurer and put forward WRLife.

I wonder what commission they get from wrlife vs others

• Thanks 1

in an email they wrote to me their insurer is "If you contact any hospital our name to tell is ASSIST INTERNATIONAL SERVICES ". That is some small thai company dealing with medical evacuation. Very little about them on the net.

I'm not sute the AA has larger commission from WRI, they never offered me that one.

Usually they suggest the PC, April, even thai companies.

But they are probably the only agency, which lists WRI.

My agency mrprakan never heard about wri when I have asked them. 

Edited by internationalism

19 minutes ago, internationalism said:

in an email they wrote to me their insurer is "If you contact any hospital our name to tell is ASSIST INTERNATIONAL SERVICES ". That is some small thai company dealing with medical evacuation. Very little about them on the net.

I'm not sute the AA has larger commission from WRI, they never offered me that one.

WRLife are certainly new in the Thai market, so it's not surprising they are relatively unknown.  

This is conjecture on my part based on my limited exposure to wholesale broker and reinsurance markets and the information on their Policy Document at Module 8.

WrLife does not list who is their underwriter because they do have 'an' underwriter. They are a small company with a limited risk portfolio and can do flexible things that the (much) larger companies cannot. They may place risk with multiple underwriters and have short durations at which point they use a different underwriter and can be from one of several countries.

So in terms of various broker, wholesale broker, and reinsurance markets, they act almost like traders and there not is just one consistent underwriter like AXA or Generali.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, internationalism said:

How long does it say they've been in business?  is that listed?

1 hour ago, internationalism said:

Insurance brokers licensed by the Office of the Insurance Commissioner are prohibited from arranging insurance on behalf of their clients with offshore insurers. This is not well enforced, but most local brokers would not place themselves in the payment chain between their client and the offshore insurer in order to avoid potential scrutiny when the OIC audits them.  Many Thai insurance brokers will have little knowledge of offshore insurers because of this prohibition.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Not too sure if this helps.  May have been posted already:

image.png

Still no name of the insurer or any reference to an AM Best or Standard and Poor rating.. It looks like it is pointing towards something incorporated in St. Kitts and Nevis.

A policyholder has every right to know who their insurer is. I don't find it comforting at all that the broker hasn't disclosed the name of the insurance company.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

Still no name of the insurer or any reference to an AM Best or Standard and Poor rating.. It looks like it is pointing towards something incorporated in St. Kitts and Nevis.

A policyholder has every right to know who their insurer is. I don't find it comforting at all that the broker hasn't disclosed the name of the insurance company.

Are you discomforted enough to cancel ? 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

This is conjecture on my part based on my limited exposure to wholesale broker and reinsurance markets and the information on their Policy Document at Module 8.

WrLife does not list who is their underwriter because they do have 'an' underwriter. They are a small company with a limited risk portfolio and can do flexible things that the (much) larger companies cannot. They may place risk with multiple underwriters and have short durations at which point they use a different underwriter and can be from one of several countries.

So in terms of various broker, wholesale broker, and reinsurance markets, they act almost like traders and there not is just one consistent underwriter like AXA or Generali.

There is absolutely no reason for an insurance broker to withhold the identity of the insurance company that is actually providing the coverage to one of their clients.

• Thumbs Up 1