Jump to content

Lost My Residency Certificate. Do I have to go thru whole process again?


Recommended Posts

Or can I go there and simply get a copy of it quickly for a few bahts?

Getting this was a huge pain in the butt the first time.   take almost a full day.  
Get something done.   Then they tell me to come back in 2 -3 hours... TWICE.

I only got it roughly 1 month ago.

(I actually didn't lose it.  I just noticed that the bank I got an account at did not return it to me in my paperwork).

Thanks

 

Edited by Dart12
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to get a new one. Also they usually are valid for 30 days so if it's a month old you'd need a new one anyways. But it should be a bit easier after you are in the system with your address - as always depending on the immigration office. You can get more than one at a time btw.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

You have to get a new one. Also they usually are valid for 30 days so if it's a month old you'd need a new one anyways. But it should be a bit easier after you are in the system with your address - as always depending on the immigration office. You can get more than one at a time btw.

Did not know that.  But fudge me.  took more than half a day out of my life with their process.  

Get one thing approved.  told come back for dif department in 2-3 hours.  see them.  Then repeat one more time. smh.

Link to post
Share on other sites

thank you everyone.  i decided to pay agent to handle it for 900.  All I had to do was give her my passport and tm30.

She Came to my door and drop it off back at my condo after. 

this saved me at minimum 2 hours from my day, even if I went there and had zero problems or long lines. 

Because even there I have to fill out all paperwork again, (or pay a gal there 300 baht (I use her many times and very worth it to me, 80 baht for pics and copies blah blah blah)
pay for pictures, and see several department in jomtien.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

A residency certificate isnt a thing you get once then keep showing it. Its usually a thing you get for a particular purpose, bank, license etc, and they keep it. The place you present it to will usually keep it, they expire, and the place will usually want one less than X amount of days old.

Maybe explore options in your area to get a yellow book and Pink ID, in theory you wont need ongoing Res Cert

How much cost to get those books? and what's the process?

of course, what else do I need it for after getting bank account and licenses?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

How much cost to get those books? and what's the process?

of course, what else do I need it for after getting bank account and licenses?

 

The process and the cost is different all over Thailand, apply at local ampher, you will need Res Cert or yellow book to buy/sell vehicle, renew license, sometimes for internet contracts and similar etc. (anything that requires proof of address)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

thank you everyone.  i decided to pay agent to handle it for 900.  All I had to do was give her my passport and tm30.

She Came to my door and drop it off back at my condo after. 

this saved me at minimum 2 hours from my day, even if I went there and had zero problems or long lines. 

Because even there I have to fill out all paperwork again, (or pay a gal there 300 baht (I use her many times and very worth it to me, 80 baht for pics and copies blah blah blah)
pay for pictures, and see several department in jomtien.

 

Always  use an agent whenever possible.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, andygrr said:

If it was obtained for the purpose of opening a bank account and used for that purpose the bank would always keep it for their records. If you need one for some something else you need to get another. When you use that one they will keep it again, it is never handed back in my experience.

 

 

Just to clarify.

 

I opened an account with Kasikorn last Friday. Needed a Certificate of Residence. No problem, Jomtien very efficient collected it after 1 hour (I had expected it to be next day - or posted). 

 

I had wanted to open an account in my name and also a joint account with the missus. Unfortunately, I couldn't get hold of her on Friday so we went together on Monday. Perhaps I shouldn't have been surprised that Kasikorn require ANOTHER Certificate of Residence and cannot use the one they had from Friday.

 

I thought I would be clever and call the Call Centre in the hope that they might say different. No, they confirmed that there is a strict set of documents that are needed for each account opening.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Always  use an agent whenever possible.



Complete bargain of a service. for getting this cert.

However, for getting my Driver licenses I decided that the service doesn't remotely equal the cost for this service.

I'm not paying an agent 5000-6000 baht to do my driver licenses,

as I feel they are taking advantage of ignorance of most since you still have to go twice and wait all the same amount of time at the DLT with or without an agent.
  

there is no time savings except they build in getting the residency cert into it

and medical cert (which if go to clinic is only 100 baht and 5 minutes though).

Like anything. do a little homework and decide what is right for you and your own situation.

 

 
Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

 

 

Just to clarify.

 

I opened an account with Kasikorn last Friday. Needed a Certificate of Residence. No problem, Jomtien very efficient collected it after 1 hour (I had expected it to be next day - or posted). 

 

 

how'd you get so lucky?  or me so unlucky?  I had all docs and everything properly filled out and took 1/2 to 2/3 day in Jomtien.

BTW.  what are the requirements for bank account at Kasikorn?  Specifically visa type?

Edited by Dart12
Link to post
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

how'd you get so lucky?  or me so unlucky?  I had all docs and everything properly filled out and took 1/2 to 2/3 day in Jomtien.

BTW.  what are the requirements for bank account at Kasikorn?  Specifically visa type?

Mine is 'O'.

 

They checked which visa extension I had; I don't know if they treat other classes differently.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Dart12 said:

How much cost to get those books? and what's the process?

of course, what else do I need it for after getting bank account and licenses?

 

The cost is minimal at you local amphur office first  get the yellow Yellow book then you can yet a pink ID card if you want, that can be used for things like checking in to hotels and no need to carry a passport, you may need to have someone with you who speaks thai from memory go first time then about a week or 3 return. the whole cost is no more than 200b maybe only 100b. edit; you can also use them to register a vehicle in your name and renew a driving licence 

Edited by brianthainess
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, brianthainess said:

The cost is minimal at you local amphur office first  get the yellow Yellow book then you can yet a pink ID card if you want, that can be used for things like checking in to hotels and no need to carry a passport, you may need to have someone with you who speaks thai from memory go first time then about a week or 3 return. the whole cost is no more than 200b maybe only 100b. edit; you can also use them to register a vehicle in your name and renew a driving licence 

Is there a place in PTY that does this? Location?

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/9/2022 at 8:58 PM, brianthainess said:

The cost is minimal at you local amphur office first  get the yellow Yellow book then you can yet a pink ID card if you want, that can be used for things like checking in to hotels and no need to carry a passport, you may need to have someone with you who speaks thai from memory go first time then about a week or 3 return. the whole cost is no more than 200b maybe only 100b. edit; you can also use them to register a vehicle in your name and renew a driving licence 

what paperwork do you need to bring with you to get the books?

Link to post
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

what paperwork do you need to bring with you to get the books?

The requirements vary from ampher to ampher, 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/8/2022 at 4:20 PM, eisfeld said:

You have to get a new one. Also they usually are valid for 30 days so if it's a month old you'd need a new one anyways. But it should be a bit easier after you are in the system with your address - as always depending on the immigration office. You can get more than one at a time btw.

I believe that the Certificate of Residence you get from Immo is good for 6 months -- not 30 days.   

 

However, the medical certificate (which you need for driver's license renewal) is valid for only 30 days.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TaoNow said:

I believe that the Certificate of Residence you get from Immo is good for 6 months -- not 30 days.  

A random example found with Google image search. Note the last sentence at the bottom.

 

Residence certificate.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

eisfeld:   I think we are referring to a different authorization.   

 

The Certificate of Residence has no photo and merely states that the ex-pat is living at such-and-such address.

 

It is required for renewing a driver's license or purchasing a vehicle and not much more.

 

I did mine a month ago at CW and was told it has 6 months validity.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, TaoNow said:

eisfeld:   I think we are referring to a different authorization.   

 

The Certificate of Residence has no photo and merely states that the ex-pat is living at such-and-such address.

 

It is required for renewing a driver's license or purchasing a vehicle and not much more.

 

I did mine a month ago at CW and was told it has 6 months validity.

Mine looked like the one which eisfeld posted, including photo and 30 day validity.

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, TaoNow said:

eisfeld:   I think we are referring to a different authorization.   

 

The Certificate of Residence has no photo and merely states that the ex-pat is living at such-and-such address.

 

It is required for renewing a driver's license or purchasing a vehicle and not much more.

 

I did mine a month ago at CW and was told it has 6 months validity.

All of my Certificate of Residence included a photo and pretty much looked like the one I posted. They also had the 30 days mentioning. And I used them for drivers license renewal, bank accounts and other purposes.

 

The last one I got is maybe a year or so ago so maybe things changed recently? Anyone else who can confirm this?

Link to post
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

The last one I got is maybe a year or so ago so maybe things changed recently? Anyone else who can confirm this?

Attached is screenshot from agent about this couple hours ago.

I don't support that message.

My understanding is validity one month for DTL.

 

Screenshot_20220811-190513~2.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

At the very least, the Certificate of Residence from Immo should be valid until the date when the next 90-day report is due, since that is the verification which Immo uses to issue the certificate in the first place.

 

Below is the form I filled out to get my CoR last month at CW. No photo required; just the 200 baht for postage:

 

                             APPLICCATION FORM RESIDENCE CERTIFICATE IN THAILAND

                      แบบฟอร์มการขอหนังสือรับรองทีÉพักอาศัยในประเทศไทย

                                                                 IMMIGRATION BUREAU

DATE / ที………..MONTH / เดือน………YEAR /ปี..............NAME (MR., MRS., MISS.)……………………………………………………………………………………..............NATIONALITY / สัญชาติ.............................................DATE OF BIRTH /วัน เดือน ปี เกิด.........................................PASSPORT NO. / หนังสือเดินทางเลขที.............................................................................................................................É ARRIVAL CARD NO. (TM.6) / บัตรขาเข้าเลขทีÉ...................................................ENTERED THAILAND ON /เดินทางเข้ามาเมืÉอวันที................................................MONT / เดือน......................................YEAR / ปี...........................ALLOWED TO DATE /อนุญาตให้อยู่ถึง................MONT / เดือน.....................................YEAR / ปี...........................

 

I WISH TO APPLY FOR RESIDENCE CERTIFICATE AND FOLLOWING REASON

ข้าพเจ้าขอยืÉนคําขอหนังสือรับรองทีÉพักอาศัยเพืÉอ DRIVING LICENSE (CAR / MOTOBIKE) BUYSELL(CAR/ MOTOBIKE)ใบอนุญาตขับ (รถยนต์ / รถจักรยานยนต์) ซืÊอ ขาย (รถยนต์ / รถจักรยานยนต์)

 

ADDRESS IN THAILAND / ทีÉอยู่ในประเทศไทย ADDRESS NO. / บ้านเลขที..............................................MOO. / หมู่............................LANE / ซอย.............................ROAD /ถนน..........................................................SUBDISTRICT /แขวง / ตําบล..........................................................DISTRICT / เขต / อําเภอ................................................PROVINCE /จังหวัด................................................................ZIP CODE /รหัสไปรษณีย์.............................................PHONE NO. / โทรศัพท์............................................................

 

YOUR SINCERELY ขอแสดงความนับถือ SIGNATURE OR RIGHT THUMB PRINT……………………………………………………….

APPLICATIONลายมือชืÉอหรือลายพิมพ์หัวแม่มือ ผู้ขอ

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TaoNow said:

At the very least, the Certificate of Residence from Immo should be valid until the date when the next 90-day report is due, since that is the verification which Immo uses to issue the certificate in the first place.

IMHO Certificate of Residence and 90 day report should not be connected because you can get one without having done any 90 day report. You can even get them on a tourist visa. I've always had 30 days on the certificate in Phuket even if the 90 day report is due in 2+ months. If it were connected to the 90 day report then it should specifically mention the date until when it is valid but it doesn't. 90 day report does not mean you will leave the country or move after the next due date. You yourself said 6 months so that also doesn't make sense if it were tied to 90 day reports because 6 months is more than 180 days.

Link to post
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

IMHO Certificate of Residence and 90 day report should not be connected because you can get one without having done any 90 day report. You can even get them on a tourist visa. I've always had 30 days on the certificate in Phuket even if the 90 day report is due in 2+ months. If it were connected to the 90 day report then it should specifically mention the date until when it is valid but it doesn't. 90 day report does not mean you will leave the country or move after the next due date. You yourself said 6 months so that also doesn't make sense if it were tied to 90 day reports because 6 months is more than 180 days.

apparently at CW you won't get one unless you've made a 90-day report with them. source: @DrJack54

Link to post
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

apparently at CW you won't get one unless you've made a 90-day report with them. source: @DrJack54

But one has to do the 90 day report after 90 days of entering the country so that would mean you wouldn't be able to get a certificate of residence in the first 3 months? I don't see it. What you have to do though is getting your address registered with immigration and that makes sense - you need to be registered in order for them to to certify your address. That happens via TM30 and possibly TM28 (vs TM47 which is the 90 day report).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...