Had a good teeth cleaning in Bangkok? Seeking dentist, dental hygienist

seeriipaap

My friend’s first teeth cleaning in Thailand was not a good experience.

Let’s start with the apparently common practice here of covering the patient’s entire face so they can’t see what might be going into their mouth.

The cleaning itself was maybe 15 minutes, often painful, and teeth did not feel smooth or clean afterwards. Went to dentist in home country shortly thereafter and they noted significant plaque had not been removed.

Dental hygienist in home country usually spends at least 60 minutes scraping and teeth feel smooth and clean afterwards.

Looking for a dental clinic with cleaning comparable to a Western country.

Edited by seeriipaap

Every dental experience here in Thailand, including cleaning has been better than UK which  admittedly is not saying much. Go to the dental department  of any hospital such as Bumrungrad. Or try the dental clinic  on Asoke a hundred yards past Soi Cowboy.

After a good descaling your teeth  won't feel  smooth because the tarta and plaque covering the teeth will have been removed.

As for the protective, hygienic face covering blocking your vision..LOL What do you think is being put in your mouth?

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I like the cleaning at Dental Hospital.  http://www.dentalhospitalbangkok.com/

If it is your first visit to them they may insist on a checkup and Xrays first.

In Thailand this is usually done by a dentist, not a hygienist.

Yes this is the case at hospitals too I found. They wanted a to do a checkup  first including checking  for  mouth cancer before letting the Oral Hygienist do the cleaning. This required two sessions.

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Yes this is the case at hospitals too I found. They wanted a to do a checkup  first including checking  for  mouth cancer before letting the Oral Hygienist do the cleaning. This required two sessions.

At Dental Hospital they can do it all on same day. Doesn't take that long.