https://aseannow.com/topic/1268621-police-checks-are-already-heavy-even-before-the-seatbelt-rule-starts/Police checks are already heavy even before the seatbelt rule starts

webfact

1 hour ago, pattjock said:

To black out car windows to avoid being caught not wearing seat belts should not be an option as the level of blackout is restricted by law, but as usual, here in Thailand, not enforced. As far as I can remember you are not allowed to black out front or rear windscreens and only minimal blackout is allowed on the sides. Over 90% of cars have illegal amount of blackout.

I have seen tons of child car seats in second hand stores for next to nothing.

I don't think we're meant to take this article seriously ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's about time this law is implemented. They should have done this 20 years ago and they could have saved the lives of many lovely Thai kids who flew through their parents' car's windshields in accidents. 

Even the Richie riches at my kids' international school had BMWs with chilnseats for their kids, but they never strapped them in. I saw one of them have to lock the brakes up and her kid flew into the back of her seat and got a bloody nose. That was going 5kph. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pattjock said:

To black out car windows to avoid being caught not wearing seat belts should not be an option as the level of blackout is restricted by law, but as usual, here in Thailand, not enforced. As far as I can remember you are not allowed to black out front or rear windscreens and only minimal blackout is allowed on the sides. Over 90% of cars have illegal amount of blackout.

Whats the law on tinted windows, do you have a link I can read.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pattjock said:

Blacked out windscreens kills, especially night time.

Lot;s of new business will be created for blacked out windows.

It's an attitude thing in Thailand when it comes to road safety.

Also a great excuse to bring back the check points.

Amazing Thailand, again and again.

Edited by Orinoco
  • Like 1

Good Morning, ????

Regardless who you are if RTP is having a bad day they will fine you and if your certainly a Farang be prepared to pay almost every time !!

However I can’t count how many times I see people with no helmets on motorcycles and hordes of people in the back of pick-up trucks , ALL VIOLATIONS OF LAW AND RTP ENFORCEMENT, But watch RTP in vehicles and motorcycles drive right by violators and rarely enforce these laws.

TIT !!!! 555555555 ???? 

• Like 2

This has always been the law like 99.9 of them not enforced wait a free weeks and it will been over like the 99.9 .

Someone gets a hair up their backside or something hits the news like crosswalks which thousands have been painted yet surveys after they are still running.  Solution can't fix something move on to something else take the focus off the real topic!   " The Asian application of the Art of War " 

The manner of inspections by the time you get up to the front whatever violation has been corrected. 

As for black out window save the money gesture!   Roll down your windows. 

I wonder if a seat would be required on a motorbike. 

Consistency isn't one of Thailand leaders verture!

Edited by thailand49
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

OPINION

Living here in Pattaya I have been mainly ignored by the ever-present police checkpoints that are sent out every day to stop motorbike riders and passengers.

What is it they say about "opinions"............

Perhaps I am lucky as, living in Pattaya and driving both car or bike, I have not seen or come across these "ever present" checkpoints........

• Like 2

If you have everything in order you should have no problems,

If the check points find people without license , more important

no insurance , even more important DUI , I find no problem with

them.

Is the OP exaggerating the amount of checkpoints in Pattaya ? 

up here in Chiang Mai cannot remember that last time I seen one,

police are like hens teeth , hear the sirens of Police cars most nights

especially when its raining ......

regards Worgeordie

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Orinoco said:

Lot;s of new business will be created for blacked out windows.

It's an attitude thing in Thailand when it comes to road safety.

Also a great excuse to bring back the check points.

Amazing Thailand, again and again.

I think, but not sure it is a maximum of 30%. In a car we had the windows was 15% which I found to be dark enough to allow for a good view of the road.

• Sad 1

Expats should be setting the example when it comes to traffic safety.

Any steps to improve road safety should be applauded.

If your Scottish friend is living here he should get a Thai driver's license. If he's truly getting fined on a daily basis, my advice would be for him to stop driving until he's gotten his Thai driver's license and taken a 4 week driver's training class.

If OP is concerned about affordability of car seats, find someone who needs help buying one.

Suggesting getting your windows heavily tinted as a way to circumvent enforcement of seat-belt laws is irresponsible. Heavily tinted windows are a serious safety hazard at night.

Even though this editorial is anonymous, I've got a pretty good idea who wrote it.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Robert Tyrrell said:

Good Morning, ????

Regardless who you are if RTP is having a bad day they will fine you and if your certainly a Farang be prepared to pay almost every time !!

However I can’t count how many times I see people with no helmets on motorcycles and hordes of people in the back of pick-up trucks , ALL VIOLATIONS OF LAW AND RTP ENFORCEMENT, But watch RTP in vehicles and motorcycles drive right by violators and rarely enforce these laws.

TIT !!!! 555555555 ???? 

Been stopped a few times but never been fined and I am a Farang.

But then I drive a car and follow the rules that I am aware of, most of the time..

The laws should be for everyone and enforced fairly. Which is an issue in itself. 
But people complain when police don’t do their job.  And then complain when they do it.  You can’t have it both ways. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pattjock said:

Did you do a study to see that 90% of car windows are tinted illegally? Are you sure windows are tinted to avoid being seen without a seatbelt?  You are one whose suspicions must be given to the RT so they stop all cars with tinted windows at the checkpoints then in order to correct the 90% of scofflaws. Can you please post a link to the Tinting regulations.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Typically motorbikes are sold with a seat.... would be damn uncomfortable to ride without one.

Seat and belt for a kid as required for a car! 

You want to get tough serious then set up each morning during school hours and days 1 Km from entrance to the factory of death. 

The way they inspect by the time vehicle get up to the front to be inspected parents and kids would get out and walk by the time vehicle is inspected parent would be back into the car all buckle up. ????

5 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Seat and belt for a kid as required for a car! 

You want to get tough serious then set up each morning during school hours and days 1 Km from entrance to the factory of death. 

The way they inspect by the time vehicle get up to the front to be inspected parents and kids would get out and walk by the time vehicle is inspected parent would be back into the car all buckle up. ????

Seatbelt on a motorbike !!!

Thats the funniest sht ive read this week.