https://aseannow.com/topic/1268621-police-checks-are-already-heavy-even-before-the-seatbelt-rule-starts/Police checks are already heavy even before the seatbelt rule starts

webfact

10 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"I call this exception the Factory of death".

The law (government as you refer to it) does not exempt anyone from riding unlicenced. 

Then why is it done? A number of people here keep referring to the law here like yourself it does not right so why are we even having the conversation of people doing it!  

You stop adults ask them to get licensed yet a pass is given to kids to go to school in which that privilege is abused far beyond those hours that opens so many of the others problem their culture is having.  These kids travel freely for years practice poor driving habits then all of a sudden you required them to have a license you think the process is going to undo those habits?

It is nothing more that a obstructions a huddle after a license in hand they hit the road the same way they got there! 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Where you live got your head in the sand now that is so funny. 

I think we agree in why or why not laws are practiced here but someone like yourself trying to justify your position by citing the law in regards to sidecarts as to children just shoes how out of touch you are to reality. 

Just like allowing kids to use motorbikes so they have access to schooling a past has also been given to Thais who need and use sidecarts to make a living. 

Thanks for the hypocrisy comment and laugh for the year Illegal! ????

Am not trying to justify anything, just stating facts, sorry they do not gel with what ever is happening in your head.

5 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Whats the law on tinted windows, do you have a link I can read.

nothing wrong with tinted windows as far as I know....

my old triton had them for 15 yrs....and if/when i was stopped my police Nothing was said nor did i get a fine !!!

My new triton had/has a film in the door windows.....if it was against the law then why would mitsu put a film on the windows.....!!!????

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Am not trying to justify anything, just stating facts, sorry they do not gel with what ever is happening in your head.

Ditto,  then why continue with the useless reference to law!  

It gels just doesn't apply in the real world here!  

2 minutes ago, blackshadow said:

nothing wrong with tinted windows as far as I know....

my old triton had them for 15 yrs....and if/when i was stopped my police Nothing was said nor did i get a fine !!!

My new triton had/has a film in the door windows.....if it was against the law then why would mitsu put a film on the windows.....!!!????

Lot of trouble to avoid my question.

Doubt your windows were tinted on the Mitsubishi assembly line.

Just now, thailand49 said:

Ditto,  then why continue with the useless reference to law!  

It gels just doesn't apply in the real world here!  

Because the lack of law enforcement is the issue, not sure why you ignore this and nonsensically ramble on..... <deleted> seat belts on motorbikes, your are clearly delusional.

50 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

The police get 95% of all fines issued. The government get the remaining 5%. The 95% is divided between all police staff within the confines of the station of the issuing officer. It's pooled so that officers that remain at their office get an equal share.

Thanks for the info I am surprised 

5 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Because the lack of law enforcement is the issue, not sure why you ignore this and nonsensically ramble on..... <deleted> seat belts on motorbikes, your are clearly delusional.

Is there more to your useless rant than meets the eye.  You got your boxer all wig up again like the last with HWY Patrol stuff not having a clue as to the real problem with driving in this country it shows here in your responses citing laws to justify your lack of knowledge when any person with any sense knows they aren't being follow nor enforced. 

Maybe if you stop hanging around those so call influential lawyers maybe then you can understand the problem. 

I gel more than you know the problem like your prostate there is crust blocking recEiving information. Don't message unless you have something new it isn't a big thing getting shot down it is part of life. 

• Sad 1

Just now, thailand49 said:

Is there more to your useless rant than meets the eye.  You got your boxer all wig up again like the last with HWY Patrol stuff not having a clue as to the real problem with driving in this country it shows here in your responses citing laws to justify your lack of knowledge when any person with any sense knows they aren't being follow nor enforced. 

Maybe if you stop hanging around those so call influential lawyers maybe then you can understand the problem. 

I gel more than you know the problem like your prostate there is crust blocking recEiving information. Don't message unless you have something new it isn't a big thing getting shot down it is part of life. 

blah blah blah.

you are now on my blocked list.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

blah blah blah.

you are now on my blocked list.

Ralf001,

You are so predictable!  You start a battle can't win I was wondering when you would use the block?

Block is for cowards when back up against the wall no where to run no justification for your position Block, doing so you never be a better person open yourself to different views and learning how to except criticism.please reconsider Running away solve nothing!  ????

9 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Block is for cowards when back up against the wall no where to run no justification for your position Block, doing so you never be a better person open yourself to different views and learning how to except criticism.please reconsider Running away solve nothing!

I use it for self protection.....and have a substantial number there. Early mornings I am easily baited!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, pattjock said:

As far as I can remember you are not allowed to black out front or rear windscreens

Are you remembering correctly? Even the odd Police car you may see has got such tinting on the screen.

52 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:

Thanks for the info I am surprised 

I'm surprised nobody has asked me where I got my info. Anyways I was on a Thailand forum when a guy mentioned the 95%. At the time I queried his statement. This is his reply.

The thing is that the payments to the BiB here are generally not bribes, they're fines. The police are entitles to 95% of whatever they collect (told to me last Monday by an ex Thai policeman and lawyer). 

I didn't believe him so I asked a policeman who I knew well and he confirmed it to be fact.

Some did make a good point ..quote ( their are no seat belts in the back of my two door truck with a little bench site.......so what do I do? He Said).. one person wrote no seat belts so no passengers.... Same APL to motor bikes. There are only two pairs of foot pegs so Should be only two max people on it......

The dead body in a crashed car the other day probably thought (before the crash) that it was the smart thing to do.

I pulled up by a car yesterday and there was noway to see into the car from the side, I couldn't even see a shape.

1 minute ago, roger101 said:

The dead body in a crashed car the other day probably thought (before the crash) that it was the smart thing to do.

I pulled up by a car yesterday and there was noway to see into the car from the side, I couldn't even see a shape.

The dead body left in the car was not because of darkened windows, it was due to a lack of checking the vehicle by the rescue squad.  No one bothered to try and open up the car to see if there was anyone inside....try again.

6 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

I think, but not sure it is a maximum of 30%. In a car we had the windows was 15% which I found to be dark enough to allow for a good view of the road.

I remember reading what appeared to be an official document stating a limit of 30% (blockage of visible light). 

However, I have since been unable to find that document. I have not been able to find any other written statement in any Thai law or other form of authoritative statement regarding car-window film. 

I can only assume the document I read was a proposal a number of years back (about 10-15) and the regulation or proposal was since rescinded and public documentation removed. 

As such - while I believe there may have once been a proposal for such a law (30% limit) it was never finalised and as ridiculous as it seems to many of us, there is in fact no law regarding film in car-windows and windscreens. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Depends on where you live in Thailand and the area you are living., Have seen many child seat in car around the country even in rural areas since 2016. Second hand ones are today easy to buy one even at low affordable prices because many are from the 'first waves' child chairs and the kids using them now are to big for them.

2 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

A fairly old problem with the tinted window films. In Thailand not enforced, 

https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/Aboutface-tinted-windows

It's not non-enforcement of tint regulations, the point is that there are no tint laws to be enforced.   That's why no one ever gets ticketed for dark tints and I'd guess that at least 90% of vehicles have them. 

New seatbelt law? I got a 200bt ticket 3 years ago. Watching songthaews going past with schoolchildren hanging on to the back while the police wrote out the ticket. 
 I guess my life is more important than a bunch of school kids. 

Edited by Hatyaier

22 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:
On 8/12/2022 at 3:48 AM, pattjock said:

To black out car windows to avoid being caught not wearing seat belts should not be an option as the level of blackout is restricted by law

22 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It's not, there are no window tint regulations here.

Oh yes there are. 

https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/Crackdown-tinted-glass-cars

• Like 1
  • Haha 1