Why does McDonalds cost so much in Thailand?

dj230

2 hours ago, KIngsofisaan said:

I took my FIL from Isaan to McDonald's once and got him a burger.

He hated it.

KFC he will eat

MK, now that he really likes

I occasionally eat there chicken sandwich.  Theres so much salt my tongue swells up.

KFC is everywhere up here in Issan.  Very popular. 

15 hours ago, mnomad said:

Rare that a thai would pay full/menu price in mcdonalds - there always some promotion linked to some credit card, mobile phone, wallet, bank app that makes paying menu price the exception rather than the norm. As a farang you can get some of these promos too but it's a lot of messing about.

For the next two months buy a Sausage Egg Mc Muffin and get a free egg bacon burger. ????

16 hours ago, nightfox said:

Maybe the a la carte items cost more in Thailand but in general all value meal combos are way cheaper then the USA. Big mac meal in Thailand 170 bht = $4.79 USD. It cost at least $10 in the States so how is that more expensive?

Sounds about right.

Also, it seems like the higher priced a la carte items in Thailand are to get people to buy the more expensive value meals.  In the US, the cheaper "dollar menu" items are to get people in the door who would otherwise not be able to afford the "value meals".

Many Thais who order value meals never seem to finish what they've ordered and leave a lot of food behind on the tray, and the table.  Too often it looks like like a bomb exploded in the middle of their food.

On 8/14/2022 at 11:48 AM, flyDelight said:

Don't "eat" at Mcdo it's utter garbage. Eating the poisonous chemical trash (including an ingredient called Senomyx, look it up) from that SATANIC CABAL CORPORATION, in the country with some of the world best foods is beyond retarded.

image_search_1660466856546.jpg

Erm…say what?

On 8/15/2022 at 8:27 PM, nightfox said:

Maybe the a la carte items cost more in Thailand but in general all value meal combos are way cheaper then the USA. Big mac meal in Thailand 170 bht = $4.79 USD. It cost at least $10 in the States so how is that more expensive?

its not $10 in the states is it? even in canada its like $10 for 2 Big Mac meals with their coupons 

Edited by dj230

Burger King's Angus XT Truffle menu was very good at first! As always, they gradually deteriorated the quality of the product. Truffle sauce is very little now and the meat is not as tasty as before. I guess there is no really good burger in Thailand.

On 8/14/2022 at 9:56 AM, Excel said:

Sorry to disillusion you but by far the majority of their customers are Thai. That may be one reason they can get away with selling tasteless beef as Thais know no different.

Never seen a Thai eat beef in McDonald's, they all eat fried chicken, KFC style 

6 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

Never seen a Thai eat beef in McDonald's, they all eat fried chicken, KFC style 

Not in my experience.  My Thai students always go for the burgers, even those who are not supposed to eat beef for "religious" reasons.  It's a "ham" burger after all!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 8/14/2022 at 2:56 PM, Ralf001 said:

Thai food is rancid sht, McD's is a step up.

Because you don't like Thai food doesn't mean it's <deleted> dumbass, Thai food is much better than your all you can eat free healthcare problem in America lol

Thai food is delicious, me as a foreigner, I've never had so good food as I have eaten here in Thailand, been eating for the past 3 years and can't have enough.

Go go moo krob. Som tam,  ped per aloy mak mak 

On 8/14/2022 at 9:33 AM, dj230 said:

McDonalds is kind of expensive here, the cheap sandwiches like a cheeseburger 100 baht, translates to $3USD, even in USA a McDouble is like $1 no? Is it cause the beef?

Since the war of the Ukraines,  America can be cheaper in certain aspects then Thailand. People who cannot put america on a map will obviously giggle and say Nay Nay as usual.

Many things are currently far better bargain in america "thanks" to  the energy crisis in the world and the administration having  started to highly subsidise electricity so naturally prices drop. Not to forget the illegal and cheap labor with all the mexican, south american illegal migrants  illegaly on the job,  with very low wages and thus prices drop all over.