Beer lao Dark

Sparktrader

Yes, NK & UT, and maybe in some 7-11 & bars, have purchased from both.  Makro by the box, and cheapest vendor. Partial to the Dark myself, and use to be my 'go to'

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, clearance said:

Last time (around month ago), I got some Beer Lao Dark in in some bar in Bangkok and noticed that taste is degraded, tastes watery and more bitter than before. Maybe just a bad batch, need to investigate further.

Might be old. Beer only good for 3 months

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, clearance said:

Last time (around month ago), I got some Beer Lao Dark in in some bar in Bangkok and noticed that taste is degraded, tastes watery and more bitter than before. Maybe just a bad batch, need to investigate further.

Over 2 yrs of 'situation' and no customers ... probably a few vendors holding stock they should have tossed a long time ago.  Most beers, mass produced, will last about 1 year.  I personally won't buy anything over a month or 2 old.  As it take me a month or 2, to polish off a slab of 12 / 490ml

image.png.334a353e03259202615e0929932ff5c8.png

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I think Beer Lao has exp date, 1 yr after produced / fill date.

Kopper Craft & Snowy have only a fill date on the bottom of the cans,

or on the cardboard slab if buying 12 from Makro.

2.png

It depends on the beer. Not same, different! 

On 8/15/2022 at 11:18 AM, KhunLA said:

Yes, NK & UT, and maybe in some 7-11 & bars, have purchased from both.  Makro by the box, and cheapest vendor. Partial to the Dark myself, and use to be my 'go to'

I had a neighbor in Udon maybe 16 years ago who had a Lao wife and every six weeks or so would bring me back a case each of blonde and dark from his Vientiane conjugal visits. After a couple of years, I lost the taste for it but just before the Covid lock-downs, I was in Savanakhet and they had an 'IPA style' variation with a green label. It was quite decent and made for a pleasant change. I have heard that it can be had in Bangkok but probably for a silly price. It's not THAT special.

• Like 1