Lucky old you in Thailand with a young wife

webfact

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It's almost funny when people argue here about bad bar girls and good educated girls, etc.

Why don't we just agree that there are good and bad girls anywhere from poor to HiSo.

Just the fact that a woman is well educated or from a good family or with a good job means almost nothing. Maybe they lie, maybe they cheat (for money or just because they want it) or maybe they are the perfect wives.

Yep. I had a "great on paper" girlfriend who was a psycho compulsive liar. She battled me to pay for stuff. I escaped without signing any papers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kekalot said:

this is a fact of life nowadays, almost ANY woman that looks after herself a little bit up to probably mid 40s (if she looks good) and even if fat can have a lot of guys in her inbox nonstop.

I have a young lady that lives across from me that is I think 22 years old and she has over 600 matches on Tinder and they are constantly messaging her so she can spend all nights every night just replying to them (if she wanted to) but from what I was shown she exchanged messages with about 5% of them (30 or so) and seems to choose one once in a while to have some fun with.

I get some women sometimes asking me why I am single and I tell them because I didn't find anyone I wanted to be with yet.. they always tell me that it should be easy for me because blablabla but what they fail to understand is that men don't have 600 matches on Tinder fighting for my attention 24 hours a day. 

In fact if I get 20 matches then I will have replies from maybe 2 or 3 and it goes nowhere because those 2-3 women also have several hundreds of guys to talk to.

sometimes I ask those women who tell me it's "very easy" to find someone if they like Justin Bieber (or use an older popular person if they are older) and if they say yes.. I ask them "why don't you date him then?"

answers vary but it's always "he has millions of women after him, he don't care about me!"

well, exactly! you don't need 1 million men or women after you to get to that point that you are messed up... if I had 50 women fighting for my attention that would probably damage my ego and I'd likely be extremely picky, because I can afford to..

now imagine 10-20x that starting from probably age 14 and all their life, nonstop nowadays.

Doesn't anyone have school friends from when they were kids anymore?

On 8/16/2022 at 7:21 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

I never picked a girl with the question on my mind if she would push my wheelchair.

But if I would look for such a girl and if I would be maybe 60 your old then I would look for a 20 year old. Because when I am 80 she is 40 and she will still be able to push that chair.

If I would look for an older woman then maybe I have to push her chair. Or she is too old and not strong enough to move me around.

This is not a joke. Thai women tend to fall apart physically at an early age. 

• Confused 1

On 8/16/2022 at 2:49 AM, KIngsofisaan said:

I feel fortunate I was able to marry.

But I am never going to kid myself about the truth.

The age differences are accepted in Thailand, however, NOT normal.

Sooner or later the man gets to a point where he is just plain to damn old to do anything except wait to die.

In this stage, a good man spends all his time financially planning for his eventual demise, so that his young wife will be rich and be able to find the life she really wanted in the first place.

Some women are greatful for their new house, land, car, gold, money, status.

They earned it for taking care of the old man for the years they were together.

Hopefully they will be left enough to find the life they really wanted, after the geezer kicks the bucket.

Eeech ???? This is some cold reality check for me. 

4 hours ago, malibukid said:

Thai's don't kiss in public.  not polite.  another reason to avoid the women here.

Never thought about that but thinking about it, it's true of most asian cultures.

I met my wife in Singapore years before we moved to Thailand.

As I think back I can't really ever remember holding hands, let alone kissing in public while we lived in Singapore or Thailand.

Yet here we are in the US, and while we're both a bit old for the kissing in public bit, holding hands at least is second nature.

....and maybe a peck on the cheek is ok lol

On 8/16/2022 at 5:36 AM, TonyFromItaly said:

I've heard that if the Thai wife die, It's a big problem with the Marriage Visa for a foreigner, because the marriage Visa expires consequentially.
How was your experience?
Thanks

None.  I didn't have a marriage visa.  I was on a work visa.  

On 8/15/2022 at 10:22 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

The first 3 days of the month they might work because they are poor and support the family.

And the rest of the month they go with guys because they want to party and have the newest phone.

The "forced into prostitution" is a rare exception. 

Let's not confuse sex trafficking with the choice of poor women to become 'bar girls' ie hooker  in the various sexpots of Thailand.

The real destination for trafficked women and girls is I hate to say the Western world, which is where the traffickers make their money, not some massage parlor in Pattaya

14 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

Let's not confuse sex trafficking with the choice of poor women to become 'bar girls' ie hooker  in the various sexpots of Thailand.

The real destination for trafficked women and girls is I hate to say the Western world, which is where the traffickers make their money, not some massage parlor in Pattaya

I don't know why you reply with your comments to my comment but apart from that I agree with you.

When women are trafficked to another country to work there as (sex) slaves that certainly is trafficking.

But it seems nowadays that word trafficking is used all the time, even if the girl has sex in the same town where she lives.

47 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't know why you reply with your comments to my comment but apart from that I agree with you.

When women are trafficked to another country to work there as (sex) slaves that certainly is trafficking.

But it seems nowadays that word trafficking is used all the time, even if the girl has sex in the same town where she lives.

That was kinda my point. The work 'trafficked' is overused, and debases the real meaning

• Like 2

Young Thai girls can be incredibly attractive but are also very immature and pretty much uneducated most of the time. I don't really understand how a 70 yo farang could ever be fulfilled by such women. I would die intellectually after a few months even if the sex is great and the smiles lovely.

2 hours ago, Baron Samedi said:

Young Thai girls can be incredibly attractive but are also very immature and pretty much uneducated most of the time. I don't really understand how a 70 yo farang could ever be fulfilled by such women. I would die intellectually after a few months even if the sex is great and the smiles lovely.

Considering that generalised reply it appears you are suffering some sort of intellectual immaturity yourself.  Young Thai girls pretty much uneducated ? Pathetic comment - do you know how many are attending Universities  here ? Of course many Thais do not have the level of education as others, same as other countries, but clearly you yourself are insufficiently educated with that knowledge to make such stupid and inaccurate generalised statements. 

Edited by Excel
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Excel said:

Considering that generalised reply it appears you are suffering some sort of intellectual immaturity yourself.  Young Thai girls pretty much uneducated ? Pathetic comment - do you know how many are attending Universities  here ? Of course many Thais do not have the level of education as others, same as other countries, but clearly you yourself are insufficiently educated with that knowledge to make such stupid and inaccurate generalised statements. 

1) I don't generalized, I'm stating what I believe is the trend. Not saying I'm right though. Just wondering, that's all.

2) Those uni girls you're talking don't really date or marry farang pops. We're talking about a different crowd here.

3) Generally speaking, I would say it's a mistake to amalgamate education and academic education. The two concepts are linked of course but education is broader than academic education. Education is not just about knowledge. There is a behavioral dimension to it - a certain way of interacting with the world, a certain way of questioning, etc...

7 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am far away from 70 and I don't know what fulfills guys of that age.

What some people seem to confuse is having a relationship with a young (maybe uneducated) girl with spending all the time with her and only with her.

I have my work and enough grown-up friends with whom I can discus world politics, computer programming, exploration of the universe and such things. I never discussed any of that with my Thai girlfriend. And I don't miss that I can't discuss it with her. 

I like that it's fun and comfortable to be with my previously young and now not so young anymore gf.

That doesn't mean I would like to spend 24/7 with any pretty young girl. Some of them are obviously very annoying. A gf must be compatible - to each of us individually.

Fair enough. Makes sense. ????

5 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I assume you are talking about the ones you meet in brothel bars. 

I'm talking about the kind of girls willing to date and then marry westerners decades older than them to gain power, status, etc... regardless of where they work.

Of course, you will find bar girls willing to kick the can down that road but the doggiest/nastiest girls I have met weren't prostitutes. They were real estate agents, hotel middle managers, etc... Those girls don't care about brothels: they see themselves as far too good for that. At night, whenever they can, they gonna hang out at "posh" places and try to gain access to the big game - the kind of old fart you can marry and then divorce to get a really really fat check, come back to Thailand and start a lame, unimaginative business and lose all the money ???? - because yes: in the end, those girls always lose.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

On 8/16/2022 at 6:42 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Guys of any age want pretty (healthy) young girls.

Girls want guys with resources.

That's nature.

The beauty of Thailand is that men and women still accept these facts and don't pretend otherwise.

Many men in farang-land are so brainwashed from all that feminists <deleted> that after a while they actually believe they prefer old women. 555

Murdoch is an example I think Jerry Hall would have been his oldest wife

1 hour ago, Baron Samedi said:

To be fair I said "most of the time".

And quiet frankly I think there is no shortage of empirical evidence to support my claim.

It would be interesting to know what percentage of Farang/Thai marriages (relationships) are ex-hooker based.

I'm not casted any opinion here, but at least my anecdotal experience, especially with the Brits it's a lot.

Some seem to work out, a lot don't for a myriad of probably well worn reasons

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

One of the most wonderful things about Thailand, is that the judgment level of couples with signifiant differences in age, is not as harsh, as in the west. My wife is quite a bit younger than me too. It works really well for us. When I dated women close to my age back in the US, it rarely ever worked out. Most were very rigid, closed minded, and set in their ways. Plus, many liked to go to bed very early, and behaved as if they were 20 years older than they were. That was not fun. I find younger women to be far more vital, more vigorous, and if you are fortunate to find one, far more open minded and adventurous.

I find when we are out in public many men stare at her, as she is still very attractive and fit, and look at me with envy. Women here seem to be fairly neutral. In the US we get some attention. She gets alot of looks, and the guys look at me like they presume I am a centi-millionaire. The gals look at me like I a felon, and have committed a major crime, by refusing to jump over the hurdles prescribed by them, and taking a shortcut to heaven. That is so much fun. It is a wonderful feeling to watch the Western women squirm and to witness their confusion and disapproval.

This begs this question: why do we come here for retirement?  And you nailed it.  To appreciate what we have here—you need only recall your dating life in America or other western countries.  Walk into any bar or social gathering back overseas—you’re invisible to attractive younger women.

• Like 2

Any geezer who starts a second family here has a screw loose.

Even if she's an angel, you're still an old grandad, you'll very likely leave your kids with no daddy before their teen years. That's messed up.

Don't be such a big girls blouse, it doesn't hurt much at all to get it snipped!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

Any geezer who starts a second family here has a screw loose.

Even if she's an angel, you're still an old grandad, you'll very likely leave your kids with no daddy before their teen years. That's messed up.

Don't be such a big girls blouse, it doesn't hurt much at all to get it snipped!

Well thats kinda the rub isn't it.

We've all seen the 60/70ish guy slopping around the mall pushing the kid in a stroller.

He'll never see a high school graduation, a grandchild or anything we're supposed to see before we die.

The idea that you come to Thailand and hook up with a woman who could be your daughter or your granddaughter and then then have kids, I'm sorry it's just wrong.

I've loved being part of watching all my kids grow up. HS, College, and my first grandchild on the way.

You don't have kids in your 60's and 70's it's just not fair to the children you spawn

• Like 1