Lucky old you in Thailand with a young wife

webfact

Interesting thread, I see Thailand and my current marriage as yet another chapter in my life, going well so far

Will it be the last......who knows......

I wonder how many guys here have ever just packed a bag and left, it's not that difficult, once you know, then it becomes possible to push the boundaries ????

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 473geo said:

I wonder how many guys here have ever just packed a bag and left, it's not that difficult, once you know, then it becomes possible to push the boundaries ????

I did that, about 14 years ago.  It empowered me, it gave me independence and I knew after that I could live anywhere in Thailand with having to depend on a Thai lady.

We actually got back together again a month later and have been together (ish) ever since.

• Like 2

It is the norm that elderly farang men will have a Thai girlfriend half their age or less. As normal as it is here, don't expect the same thing if you take the girl back to farang land. It may be awkward for both of you and people close to you will shake their heads. Some ladies within a year of two after arriving in your home country may very well trade you in on a younger man with more dough. Often the family back in Thailand will not deride the daughter for divorcing, they may very well accept or praise the move as good business. In my experiences I think many Thai

women look at marriage as a business and think sentiment merely fogs the vision. Many girls face pressure from the family back home to fork over the loot each month, especially when their dear daughter gets a raise.

I knew a fellow in the States married to a Filipino woman. The family back in the Philippines know the man's pay date each month and faithfully ring up the daughter to see if the money will be on its way as scheduled.

Having said this, would you be any more honorable if your family was poor, your opportunities limited and the onus of support was upon you?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, jingjai9 said:

I knew a fellow in the States married to a Filipino woman. The family back in the Philippines know the man's pay date each month and faithfully ring up the daughter to see if the money will be on its way as scheduled.

Then there can be something like this (1995):

A gunman killed his pregnant mail-order bride and one of her friends and critically wounded another woman as they waited to testify against him yesterday in a marriage annulment hearing, police said.

Timothy Blackwell met and married Susana Remerata Blackwell in the Philippines two years ago. They separated two weeks after she came to the United States.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/2-Women-Shot-Dead-in-Seattle-Courthouse-3043509.php

Edited by jerrymahoney

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Let's say you are 60 and you have a 60 year old wife. Do you think she gets horny when she looks at you?

People of all ages and body types and even people with disabilities love each other.

Many of us like to look at sexy young bodies. But that doesn't mean it's impossible to love a person with not such a young and sexy body.

Hey Bloke. You lost me at the "she gets horny" bit.????????

Young hot chicks with YOUNG UGLY rich guys. See it all the time in the west.

Its almost always all about the benjamins.

Funny how relative financial success makes a man look much more hansum than he is, in all cultures all over the world.

Very few young hot women want a LT relationship with any man(regardless of the mans age) who has significantly less earnings potential than they do.

Now it’s even a trend for many young less-attractive girls to call themselves “lesbians” rather than have to settle for a LT relationship with low-income/“loser” guy.

Edited by ChasingTheSun
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, darbyman said:

Met mine through dating agency.  She 40 years younger than me; good looking; engineering degree; good job as QS. I asked her why interested in older man. Answer-Thai men completely unreliable, lazy drunkards. Older westerner more likely to be faithful, reliable and more financially secure. First 3 years of marriage spent in Thailand then came back to UK 12 years ago. Wife has her own care business and works hard. Money saved to return to Thailand in 3 years and she need not work again. Great! her experience as carer in UK means she takes care of me in future. Age difference fully accepted by others both in Thailand and UK. One small exception was when we went shopping  when a little girl came up to me and said " my mum says you are a dirty old man" I looked to her mum and thought "yeuk!!)

Congratulations. I hope it continues well for both of you.

Can work the other way too with a 40 year age difference. A 17 year marriage so far. She’s not Thai but it is another story with a UK background:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-11115545/A-couple-40-year-age-gap-celebrate-17th-wedding-anniversary.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ico=taboola_feed_article&ns_mchannel=rss&ico=taboola_feed

EFAA27DD-9D5E-420B-8858-0F11B470B1ED.jpeg

Daily Mail reader has their say:

C5D61359-046A-471E-9FBD-E82E1DBB0358.jpeg

Edited by silver sea

3 hours ago, malthebluff said:

Sounds like your another who been stung and out witted by a thai girl. No brother she us an only child and family have never asked for anything from me in the 7 years I've known them.

67 million people in thailand 52% of them female but if you stay in pattaya/ patong or any tourist bar scene  then you dont know Thailand and sat listening to bar flys will never give you a true insight to make a true comment 

Sorry to crash your party but no,  never been stung etc, nothing to be  bitter about.

Your wild assertions are just that....assertions.

I spend 1/2 my time (of 9+ years) in East Pattaya & the other 1/2 in the wifey's village, Central Plains.

Don't do bar stools these days and have seen a couple of my 2 week millionaire mates "stung".

They just say no, he is her brother and her old husband died in m/c crash, hence the kids.

Possibly their girls are "different".

Sound familiar?

Oh yeah. I like to think I still have a sense of humour (warped maybe)????????

• Like 1

15 hours ago, webfact said:

With no support from the father of the child, often their mother or even grandmother will look after the baby, while the girl travels south to earn money to send back home. 

What they can earn in the north is a fraction of what they can earn in the south.

I thought it was normally girls from the North-East, who then headed South-West?  Is it really girls in Chiang Mai that get knocked up and head to Pattaya?

9 hours ago, Neeranam said:

You seem to think that all choices are dependent on money. 

She might fall for a broke farang because of love,  mine did ????

Good thing I know her and you don't.

She won't every fall for a broke anyone.

To many scars from growing up dirt poor, with no running water or electricity.

Yours did because you obviously didn't measure up.

Not sure why so many of you always think the worse, just because it happened to you?

Maybe look in the mirror

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Guys of any age want pretty (healthy) young girls.

Girls want guys with resources.

That's nature.

The beauty of Thailand is that men and women still accept these facts and don't pretend otherwise.

Many men in farang-land are so brainwashed from all that feminists <deleted> that after a while they actually believe they prefer old women. 555

You've obviously never had a big-haired, blonde <deleted> from Dallas on the cusp of her menopause. Now that's what I call a proper rodeo.

Apart from a cuteish, 30-something hostess from Maduro, Indonesia (with the "snapper" organs), nothing and I mean NOTHING has ever come close.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Hanuman2547 said:

Welcome to the club.  However, my Thai wife passed away many years ago.  Oh, and I met her in my country where she was a graduate student.  

I've heard that if the Thai wife die, It's a big problem with the Marriage Visa for a foreigner, because the marriage Visa expires consequentially.
How was your experience?
Thanks