Lucky old you in Thailand with a young wife

webfact

52 minutes ago, KIngsofisaan said:

Good thing I know her and you don't.

She won't every fall for a broke anyone.

To many scars from growing up dirt poor, with no running water or electricity.

Yours did because you obviously didn't measure up.

Not sure why so many of you always think the worse, just because it happened to you?

Maybe look in the mirror

Oh my... <deleted>(ly).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

Then there can be something like this (1995):

A gunman killed his pregnant mail-order bride and one of her friends and critically wounded another woman as they waited to testify against him yesterday in a marriage annulment hearing, police said.

Timothy Blackwell met and married Susana Remerata Blackwell in the Philippines two years ago. They separated two weeks after she came to the United States.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/2-Women-Shot-Dead-in-Seattle-Courthouse-3043509.php

And we read so much on these forums about the fragility of the Thai male ego?

20 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I think most of us went through the candy shop phase when we first came here, 50 odd year old, knocking around with the 20 year old fit slim women. I certainly enjoyed it for many years.

But then some sort of reality takes hold for most of us. That 20 year old is not going to be pushing you in your wheelchair or wiping your bum in old age ! 

We mostly find suitable partners - yes, after the candy shop - that are nearer to our own age and not 40 years younger. 

We all fall apart in old age, going through it on your own and your 20 year old g/f watching it cannot be fun. I'm 58 now, the wife 44, we are slowly falling apart, and it's comforting to know we are falling apart together. I do not feel sad about the odd back pain, grey hair loss or lost tooth, etc, when it's happening to the wife beside me. 

I also know the difference now between a loving wife with that will be there to the end, as opposed to a loving g/f that I have nothing in common with that will be there until the money runs out

@RichardColeman JESUS!   You talk like you and your wife are about 90!    58 isnt that old and talking about falling apart at 44,   at 44 she should be fairly healthy.    

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KIngsofisaan said:

Your wrote this, did you forget what you wrote 5 minutes ago?

She might fall for a broke farang because of love,  mine did 

You said - "Yours did because you obviously didn't measure up."

What do you mean 'measure up'? 

Your attempt at a flame failed miserably as it makes no sense. 

• Like 1

smartphone plus social media making way too many think they are Rolls Royces since their pics get lots of likes.

They fail to factor in their own education level, propensity for creating income, and are now failing to provide in the ways that they (once) can in being home builders and nurturing partners within a symbiotic relationship.  A failure to weigh what they put back into a relationship.

A metaphor might be that they want to be the queen with all the accolades, gifts and spoils, but without taking on the responsibilites that a true queen undertakes to continue being a queen.  

But for awhile while young enough, they can replace a man in an instant from the 1000's of others promising faux heaven, gifts, and trips in their inbox.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, khunPer said:

The cover-photo seems like instant love at first sight, she still has the number from the go-go bar around her neck...????

That's for charging the lady drinks.

Many are free lance now and work for the drinks.

Plus if they get lucky they have a decent bed for the night. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/16/2022 at 5:49 AM, RichardColeman said:

I think most of us went through the candy shop phase when we first came here, 50 odd year old, knocking around with the 20 year old fit slim women. I certainly enjoyed it for many years.

But then some sort of reality takes hold for most of us. That 20 year old is not going to be pushing you in your wheelchair or wiping your bum in old age ! 

We mostly find suitable partners - yes, after the candy shop - that are nearer to our own age and not 40 years younger. 

We all fall apart in old age, going through it on your own and your 20 year old g/f watching it cannot be fun. I'm 58 now, the wife 44, we are slowly falling apart, and it's comforting to know we are falling apart together. I do not feel sad about the odd back pain, grey hair loss or lost tooth, etc, when it's happening to the wife beside me. 

I also know the difference now between a loving wife with that will be there to the end, as opposed to a loving g/f that I have nothing in common with that will be there until the money runs out

Exactly my situation, though we are a bit further along (54 and me 68). Never really did much of the "candyshop" routine. Mostly pursued my wife right from the start. Met her online in the US and arranged that she would be my "native guide" somewhat. 

Married three years now. Still thrilled to hear " I love you", and can honestly return it.

A comfortable life for her will be my legacy, and maybe a fond memory from my step-daughter and soon grandchild.

So much more than many accomplish.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

The main thing to worry about if you are thinking of marrying a younger woman - choose one with no son, this nearly always ends in disaster.

Well she certainly is younger and so is the male kid who lives with the grandparents about 40 km away. And the kid just comes on weekends. I don't think I could handle the kid full time but at least I don't have to.

Also her younger brother's daughter, who also lives with the grandparents, comes as well. They are the same age within a month of each other and, the way they interact, you might think they are fraternal twins. And she is a helpful delight.

This cartoon is from the 2016 Trump-Clinton debate but this is how I think of the 2 kids on their weekend visit.

image.png

Edited by jerrymahoney

Jerry Mahoney, Are you related to the Jerry Mahoney of the old kids' show "Winchell Mahoney time?

I was living in Seattle when the incident you cited happened. It was after that incident that the city of Seattle installed metal detectors so that anyone entering the courthouses in King County had to pass through the metal detectors. I remember that case very well.

40 minutes ago, jingjai9 said:

Jerry Mahoney, Are you related to the Jerry Mahoney of the old kids' show "Winchell Mahoney time?

No. I do have the same initials. But I  certainly remember the show and Winchell was one of the most talented persons on TV.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Winchell

Edited by jerrymahoney

7 hours ago, Old Croc said:

That applies to most animal species on the planet including homo sapiens. It's how the species are maintained.  Males have strong instincts to breed, while females strongest instinct is to nest and produce offspring. They want the best best male available. 

With people, the best partner is not necessarily the biggest or strongest nor the one with the brightest plumage. Money to provide the best nest and chance of survival of the progeny can be the main attraction.

With us, the demographics are changing. The weak and poor are being bred down, wealth and power are an increasingly overriding power everywhere around the world.  Social society is fading.

Yes, the older but financially secure partner can be the wise choice, but regarding your wider point .... the poor and poorly educated are prolific breeders, whereas the well-off and educated are choosing to have only one or no children.

Reverse evolution in action.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Neeranam said:

The main thing to worry about if you are thinking of marrying a younger woman - choose one with no son, this nearly always ends in disaster.

Yes, I tend to think that daughters are much easier. They don’t feel like they are competing with you.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, YITB1980 said:

Yes, I tend to think that daughters are much easier. They don’t feel like they are competing with you.

I've one mate who bribed the army to fix the lottery to take his stepson, another one that didn't let the stepson into their house as he showed no respect, refused to wai him, etc. I heard my ex-neighbours step son refer to his father as 'mun'!!

2 hours ago, Expat68 said:

Just because they are educated it does not mean they are honest, in the city (not tourist) I know nurses, teachers and government workers who are butterflies 

Interesting. I know many with a master's degree and never heard of them offering services...

Woody Allen's "The Whore of Mensa" maybe worth a read.

17 minutes ago, Purdey said:

Interesting. I know many with a master's degree and never heard of them offering services...

Woody Allen's "The Whore of Mensa" maybe worth a read.

You possibly wouldn't because what they could charge indicates that their customers are way above your league maybe  so you would be of no interest to them..????

• Like 1

On 8/16/2022 at 6:30 AM, BonMot said:

Here's a tip for noobs. Asian people do not display outward signs of affection. If your date is holding hands and especially kissing or anything remotely like that - she's sinking the hook in you.

Another hot tip: don't do this in public as you'll look like a dope being taken for a ride. It's already obviously you're paying her by hour. Don't advertise how desperate you are for affection

I always thought it was him holding her hand because he's paid up front and doesn't want her to do a runner.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I'm fine really for 58 ish, but she's on the turn  ????

My wife complains "I am old!" Hard to convince her 54 is far from "old", but some extra societal pressure, maybe. A number of her friends have been traded for "fresher" models, and the jobs market is pretty limited.

Not at all unique to Thailand, but maybe gives us older, .

locally "wealthy" chaps an edge.

Stick with me, darling. I am stuck on my "old" lady.

• Like 1