Lucky old you in Thailand with a young wife

webfact

5 minutes ago, malthebluff said:

This seems to paint all thai girls and old men with the same brush and not all are the same.

Me age 62 my wife of 3 years age 24 very well educated and has a good teaching job and I dont have savings or big pensions never built a house or sent any money to her before we married  .

How many children does she have ?

Now we are a team and pay things together and save for what we need with big items with more of her money supporting me. We pay everything together including my Visa. 

Thailand is all about saving  face and having a farang bf or husband gives thai more face

This is only true in the poorer demographic who have found a Westerner as a means of security. 

Those from higher socio-economic backgrounds don’t see having a foreigner as a better option or to save face, in fact the opposite may be true.  

so I would say to the old men looking for a young gf or wife is to use the saving face to their advantage tell the girls the truth from the start dont big yourself up to be a rich farang spending money like your on holiday.

A valid point - but is a girl in her 20’s really attracted to a guy in his 60’s - or is security the primary drive ? - no criticism of that, just so long as guys aren’t pulling the wool over their own eyes and getting giddy with the misguided belief that they have ‘game’.

Stay away from picking girls up from tourist areas they are there to earn money Love does exist if you look for it 

Agreed....  but that same caution would hold true in any relationship where there is economic disparity. 

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I remember one day when I was in Soi 4 on the way to NANA. A girl and her (I guess) customer walked in my direction. She was in front of him and smiled at me and she had that: sorry I am busy right now but I can see you later look.

He, walking behind her, had that: Look at what I got, you will never have a girl like that look.

Obviously there is not a small part of my imagination in that interpretation. But after a while we have an idea how the girls look like who just have a customer but like to let you know that they will be back for you. ???? 

Great post. A friend of mine used to say "You don't lose the girl, you just lose your place in the queue"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Thujone said:

<snip>

And as for family gatherings, he should be prepared to be ostracised.

Even people in his original country who have seen the P4P situation in Thailand may display a totally different attitude to Bob when amongst their original community.

I would suggest that these people are just hypocrites  whose opinions are scarcely worth bothering about, even if they are "family".

4 minutes ago, VBF said:

Great post. A friend of mine used to say "You don't lose the girl, you just lose your place in the queue"

That was my old saying!

You don't lose the girl just your place in line.

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What was that motto again: Don't ask, don't tell.

Better one that can be used here is "What Happens in Vegas stays in Vegas"  Just substitute Thailand for Vegas, until your girl grabs your phone and looks through your Line, WhatsApp, or IG....lol

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Let's say you are 60 and you have a 60 year old wife. Do you think she gets horny when she looks at you?

People of all ages and body types and even people with disabilities love each other.

Many of us like to look at sexy young bodies. But that doesn't mean it's impossible to love a person with not such a young and sexy body.

Mine likes that I am like a hairy teddy bear.........

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Let's say you are 60 and you have a 60 year old wife. Do you think she gets horny when she looks at you?

People of all ages and body types and even people with disabilities love each other.

Many of us like to look at sexy young bodies. But that doesn't mean it's impossible to love a person with not such a young and sexy body.

With women looks are only one factor. With men it's largely everything.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, ebean001 said:

i suggest you stop thinking of sex, etc. young woman probably not suited to be a good wife but can be. my point is being young is not the selling point for me. there are 24 hours in the day. what are you doing for 23 hours of it. give me a happy lady who i can make even happier. good enough for me. yes, her appearance must be acceptable but age is not the most key factor. 

Apart from young girls being more likely to be pretty and cute and sexy they have one unbeatable advantage: They don't have years of baggage.

When I met my gf she had no previous relationship. Her older sister brought her into the nightlife and soon after that I took her out of the nightlife again. Good for me, good for her. Win/win.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

I have two g/fs, one in my main house, one in my condo down the road, one is 47 years old, an ex factory manager, one is 37 and a nurse.  They know each other, but at a distance.  Why are they with me, an older man; security, companionship, a good life style, friendship, a future that is financially secure for them, and, dare I say it, mutual regard, respect and love.  I had the same with my late ex wife and i was the only breadwinner in that life.  With my two g/fs, I am not the sole bread winner,  but I am a major provider.  So, what am I getting at here.  That there is little to chose between relationships here or in the West.   Is age irrelevant; no, but its not the major driver in many if not most longer term relationships between a young Thai and an older farang.  

????

11 hours ago, amykat said:

Nice photo …do all Thai girls walk around with a number stuck to their chest like this one  …#59, so you farang men won’t have to worry what her name is??  Or is that in case you forget which one is your wife?

That's his 59th girlfriend this month.

• Haha 1

For the man:  What makes the heart grow fonder?  Pussee!

For the woman: What makes the heart grow fonder? His money!

I am talking Thailand and a generalisation of serious age gaps between partners

In this generalisation, there is the scenario that both know what the other wants and is happy with the arrangement of mutual benefit. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't.

Another scenario is where the man will suspect that she only wants the money but - but he goes for it anyway.

And yet another scenario in which the naivety of a man will allow himself to believe there is real love between them; sooner or later ending in (his) tears!

In most cases the woman loses little and he might lose everything, including her!

Yes, there some success stories!

Of the four aces in the pack, she holds at least three!

• Haha 2

I married a Thai woman in Thailand in 1990 or 1991.

About 2 years later in the U.S. she told me she only wanted that green card and was going to leave me when she got it.

Here it is 2022, she has a Restaraunt and earns a lot more money than I do!

Now she gives me money each month and I am still waiting for her to leave me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1