LATE BANK DEPOSIT

Because of the Holidays here July 28/29. My Pension deposit for July was made in August. (This Pension comes from the UK on the Last Day of Every month- In case it is a Saturday or Sunday or even a Bank Holiday in UK) it is paid on the previous working day. But with the holidays here on 28/29 it only arrived in my Bank on 1st August.

I was hoping to Change from keeping 400K in the Bank and using the "Monthly" deposit method when I next renew my Marriage Ext. 

Will Immigration at CW BKK accept this (With Bank Statements)  or is it a lost cause?  Anyone have/had experience of this?

I have used the monthly deposits for a decade but some time ago switched to ordering the Wise transfer closer to the beginning of the month for the following month budget as a precaution. May US SS payment is deposited in my uS bank around the 10th of each month. So I transfer it the first week of the following month.

OP - I use a different office in the NE. Social Security payment delayed due to closed account US bank which I had changed to thru BKK bank US NY to Thailand BKK account. The delay was do

ti process time by SSN skipped one month, a month showed 2 separate deposits. Logically the

iO understood but wouldn’t let it fly being a month late.

Your case hopefully do to only a couple days they’ll accept. Cheers

Why do you not get your pension paid into your own personal bank account, so then you can transfer to your Thai Bank, be it via Wise or Swift or other way. YOU then decide which day of the month it transfers.

As an off topic aside, isn't it strange that I can do a transfer from my current account to any other account in UK at any time of the month, day or hour and it is almost instantaneous. The computers DO NOT go to sleep.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Why do you not get your pension paid into your own personal bank account, so then you can transfer to your Thai Bank, be it via Wise or Swift or other way. YOU then decide which day of the month it transfers.

As an off topic aside, isn't it strange that I can do a transfer from my current account to any other account in UK at any time of the month, day or hour and it is almost instantaneous. The computers DO NOT go to sleep.

If you're talking about Wise not being instantaneous, they work a different way. They don't actually transfer the money from your foreign bank account to your Thai bank account. For much of the world, they try to match up transactions. In other words, if you're moving money from the UK to France, they'll match that up with someone who's moving money from France to the UK. That way, they can just transfer from one UK bank account to the other, and one French bank account to the other. Obviously, this gets complex pretty quickly and relies on volume.

I don't know quite how they do it in Thailand, as you can't use Wise to transfer out. But anyway, that's why they're not instantaneous,

My personal experience was  in CM. I have SSA deposited on fourth Wednesday monthly. Went to my BKB as to ask why no deposit made on Thursday. Was told that a new law was being enforced requiring recipients address now was needed for the records. Contacted the office where my funds were sent back to in US. I told them my information but they asked I provide every detail. I did and asked they expedite the return. They did not send it back until Tuesday. So my monthly was one day late. Immigration refused me and after appealing to the top official I again was turned down and told to leave.