COVID infections on the rise in 44 provinces, over 30,000 new cases a day

snoop1130

2 hours ago, transam said:

????..................Our lad and his wife have C19, they both know they have C19, they are not well.

I think you are just trying to cover yourself, telling me and Mrs. T  have had C19 but don't know it.

Nice try, but it is you that have had it 3 times, whereas we haven't had it once yet, I say yet because we still may, but not 3 times, only the sloppy get it 3 times....????

I give up with you, you really don't understand...

I wish your son and his wife a speedy recovery.

Just now, MrJ2U said:

Fascinating. 

Yes, if what he says is true, then why is he pontificating on an OP regarding Covid that is and has been running for a few days, I mean if no ones paying attention to it anymore.....

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yes, if what he says is true, then why is he pontificating on an OP regarding Covid that is and has been running for a few days, I mean if no ones paying attention to it anymore.....

Who said no one is paying attention? I said i don't pay attention to it anymore.

Edited by onthedarkside
personal comments to other forum member removed

1 hour ago, rabang said:

What you call ignorance, then the opposite of that, which is still prevailing in Thailand, I call overreaction to just one pathogen. No amount of restrictions is going to stop the epidemic. Good luck for you wearing a mask for the next 10 years in the name of public health waiting for covid to go away. And yes, life in Thailand all masked up sounds too bad to me. Hope you get to visit somewhere else to have a taste of real normality.

Fortunately the only people I know like you are in this forum. I travel a lot, I just choose yo do it safely, it costs nothing to consider other people

Edited by onthedarkside
personal comment removed
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

Fortunately the only people I know like you are in this forum. I travel a lot, I just choose yo do it safely, it costs nothing to consider other people

Pls explain how you doing it safely, by wearing a mask - lol.

No one knows if COVID infections would change if everyone wore a face mask..... or do they?

A while back, I asked if there was such a thing as an expert on cloth mask efficacy. Unfortunately, there weren't any responses in this forum, which made me think no one had the answers. So I remained open to being swayed either way. But I did wonder why the debate continued to rage on if the proof was indisputable. I think it's because the opinions of "experts" are just that.... opinions. And none of them have actually run scientific PPE tests to prove their case. 

Then I came across a guy called Stephen Petty (B.S.Ch.E. M.S.Ch.E. M.B.A.) a few days back. It seems that he's a certified industrial hygienist and an expert on hazardous particulates. By that, I mean he tests the effectiveness of all kinds of PPE in every environmental situation. It's part of his job description. So there is an expert in this field, after all.

I now have my answer, but I have no intention of starting a debate as my mind is finally made up. But anyone still on the fence—as I was—might want to watch Petty go through his real-world scientific data at a USA public hearing. He may change your thoughts, or he may not, but it is healthy to listen to all sides of a dispute, right? It's the only way to make informed decisions.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rabang said:

What do you mean by travel safely? That you wear a piece of paper over your nose and mouth? You must not know more than just a few people then. I just did some international travel last weekend and at least 99% of all people behaved like me, ie. they did not wear a face mask.

All the people in this forum still promoting vigorously the use of face masks seem to be those who are living in Thailand and who probably haven't even been anywhere else since 2020. Those of you should, or rather you must go to your country of origin or some other western country to see another reality. Maybe when returning to that faceless zombie land you might realise that grass is actually greener on the other side.

Right ok, I know exactly what you mean ????????????

On 8/19/2022 at 12:28 AM, PJ71 said:

I don't know anyone that bothers to pay attention to this anymore.....

My wife and I will not be traveling to Thailand this year to visit her 90+ year old father.

Like many others, we are paying attention to the situation.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hawaiian said:

My wife and I will not be traveling to Thailand this year to visit her 90+ year old father.

Like many others, we are paying attention to the situation.

Considering his age I hope you don't regret your decision in case there won't be another chance later.

On 8/19/2022 at 1:28 PM, PJ71 said:

I don't know anyone that bothers to pay attention to this anymore.....

I only pay attention to the restrictions of each country so I don't end up travelling to a place with some silly requirements.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Yes, the grass is so much greener in other countries where too many people don't wear face masks, refuse to get vaccinated or boosted, etc etc...  Clear evidence below:

Cumulative COVID deaths per 1 million population by country:

Screenshot_2.jpg.4882e8e50c9d74d01b776e3481831efd.jpg

Source link

People still look at the data for this - now that's funny.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TommyUK1960 said:

I'm getting sick and tired of the scare mongering around Covid. Everyone I know who has tested positive have zero symptoms to just a little cold like. most of my family have had positive test results at some time and no symptoms. As the British government have said "People have to learn to live with covid".

A classic case of what the right misses in its quest for the holy grail, simple answers to complex questions. A complete lack of nuance here. Sure, the government did say that, we have no choice but "live with it". They also said a lot of other things as well which detract from your "the government doesn't think it's a problem so why should we?" mantra. Living with covid doesn't mean ignoring it and failing to take precautions.

• Like 1