COVID infections on the rise in 44 provinces, over 30,000 new cases a day

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, sungod said:

Benefit V risk, the benefits at this age do not outweigh the risk IMHO.

Got some medical evidence to that claim or just misinformation? That doctors recommend the vaccinations for kids is evidence that what you are claiming is misinformation.

You don't get a free pass for covid misinformation by writing IMHO.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

There is no rule that says you should wear a mask on a motorbike............(there is a rule that says you must wear a helmet) 

You would have to be some kind of dumbass if you actually thought that a mask afforded protection on a motorbike......

You’re the only one talking about motorbikes and I have no idea why, so our interaction ends here.

1 minute ago, sungod said:

my kids are my number one priority, spoke to a number of doctors who said they understand my concerns over an emergency vaccine for kids, and that if they are fit and healthy then it should be fine, especially that they both got covid and it was very mild.

I'm very skeptical. You spoke to "a number" of doctors who agreed with you without encountering any who didn't. I'd say you put your opinion forcefully ad they didn't want to argue with a lost cause.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, sungod said:

Benefit V risk, the benefits at this age do not outweigh the risk IMHO.

must be in your 20's.  Neighbor who has covid for the 3rd time was just taken to the hospital as he is now having breathing issues.  I feel sorry for his family, 3 times to deal with him. 48 years old, unvaccinated Smoker, partyer, and a carefree live life attitude.  His daughter caught it from him the last time he had it, she is 20 and she was sick as a dog for a few weeks as well, even though she was vaccinated and is a hospital worker.

Just now, sungod said:

I stick to what the doctors have told me and what i see. no real point in getting them vaccinated after they shrugged off covid is there?

If you're saying they have covid now I agree with you. If they have never had covid then there's every point.

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

If you're saying they have covid now I agree with you. If they have never had covid then there's every point.

Sure, although I have stated that many time before the post you replied to. Glad we agree!

• Like 1

Yep, smoking is very bad for you. Would put you in the vulnerable group.

Yet, he believes like many that it was all fake and forcing him to take a vaccine was not appropriate......hmmmm.  

2 minutes ago, sungod said:

I really think you should stop twisting words, never said they agreed, rather they understood my concerns over an emergency vaccine given they are young and healthy. none of them told me it was imperative to get them jabbed.

They understood you were concerned. That, to my mind is quite different to "understanding your concerns". To be specific, did any doctor say to you they thought your kids would be better off if vaccinated?

Sure, although I have stated that many time before the post you replied to. Glad we agree!

I must have missed that your kids actually had covid. Sorry for that omission. I hope they don't suffer from it too badly. I couldn't imagine a doctor recommending a vaccination to somebody who had covid at the time, hence my supposition.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

They understood you were concerned. That, to my mind is quite different to "understanding your concerns". To be specific, did any doctor say to you they thought your kids would be better off if vaccinated?

no,  given their age and health and that they had already had covid .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I must have missed that your kids actually had covid. Sorry for that omission. I hope they don't suffer from it too badly. I couldn't imagine a doctor recommending a vaccination to somebody who had covid at the time, hence my supposition.

I have no agenda, I just say it the way I see it although admittedly I am not worried about it as some others are. I had 2 jabs (cant change that and my choice at the the time)  had covid and wont be having any boosters, (my doctor friend told me contracting covid is natures booster) . My kids had it, and it was mild, they are fine thanks.

I'm all for protecting the vulnerable, but dead against vaccinating healthy children. We can agree to disagree on that.

10 minutes ago, sungod said:

I have no agenda, I just say it the way I see it although admittedly I am not worried about it as some others are. I had 2 jabs (cant change that and my choice at the the time)  had covid and wont be having any boosters, (my doctor friend told me contracting covid is natures booster) . My kids had it, and it was mild, they are fine thanks.

I'm all for protecting the vulnerable, but dead against vaccinating healthy children. We can agree to disagree on that.

Most of your comments spoke of children and people in general, they weren't about your own kids. You do what you want with your kids in regard to vaccinations. I stand by every comment I made about you comments re kids in general.

Advocating that a child not be vaccinated against medical expert advice is reprehensible and is straight out misinformation.

Edited by onthedarkside
reply to hidden comment removed
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Most of your comments spoke of children and people in general, they weren't about your own kids. You do what you want with your kids in regard to vaccinations. I stand by every comment I made about you comments re kids in general.

Advocating that a child not be vaccinated against medical expert advice is reprehensible and is straight out misinformation.

As is scaremongering. I've said I'd agree to disagree, bye, enjoy your Sunday.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, transam said:

????..................Our lad and his wife have C19, they both know they have C19, they are not well.

I think you are just trying to cover yourself, telling me and Mrs. T  have had C19 but don't know it.

Nice try, but it is you that have had it 3 times, whereas we haven't had it once yet, I say yet because we still may, but not 3 times, only the sloppy get it 3 times....????

I give up with you, you really don't understand...

I wish your son and his wife a speedy recovery.

2 hours ago, PJ71 said:

I give up with you, you really don't understand...

I wish your son and his wife a speedy recovery.

Obviously I don't, but the actual infection figures between you and me point to one thing, I have not had C19, you have 3 times.

I think most would think it is you that doesn't understand....

????

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Obviously I don't, but the actual infection figures between you and me point to one thing, I have not had C19, you have 3 times.

I think most would think it is you that doesn't understand....

Shame really..........????

You do not know you have not had it, i don't know why you cannot understand this, it's not difficult.

As someone who's been tested more than 60 times i understand it very well.

• Haha 1