COVID infections on the rise in 44 provinces, over 30,000 new cases a day

snoop1130

By my tally of official MoPH stats, about 950 people have died in Thailand FROM COVID in the past month (that's not "with" COVID--the Thai government stopped counting those many months back).

That's a lot of dead people, mostly Thais, for a COVID disease that the prior poster claims generally has no symptoms.

Daily COVID deaths for the past month per the Thai MoPH, starting with today's update and working back to July 25:

Screenshot_1.jpg.fe0f6298b51e231b5923cc7567f9684f.jpg

https://ddc.moph.go.th/covid19-dashboard/?dashboard=30-days

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Earlier this year I was only aware of 1 person I know who had Covid, but in the last few months I'm aware of 5 "1st timers".

One was unvaxxed, in the hospital for 10 days, thought she was dying.

Edited by JimmyJ
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JimmyJ said:

Earlier this year I was only aware of 1 person I know who had Covid, but in the last few months I'm aware of 5 "1st timers".

Are you suggesting the seriousness of her condition is due to the fact that she is not jabbed?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

Yes me too.... suddenly locking the gate and staying home seems necessary!

• Haha 1

On 8/24/2022 at 3:09 PM, JimmyJ said:

I just had it for a second time and it was less than a mild cold, gone after 2 or 3 days. But people posting all those death rates from 2020 can not have any agenda, sure they can't.

5 hours ago, rabang said:

I just had it for a second time and it was less than a mild cold, gone after 2 or 3 days. But people posting all those death rates from 2020 can not have any agenda, sure they can't.

Did you test yourself after the 2 or 3 days?

12 hours ago, rabang said:

Did you have a sore throat as well?

How do we distinguish between a common cold and this Covid cold?

29 minutes ago, morrobay said:

I'm surprised most of these people with comorbidities are still walking around. Sure serious flu and covid puts them in serious condition. Not following at all this  this mumbo jumbo from the Thai ministry of public health your referring to. Most serious cases , deaths ,hospital care involve those with comorbidities. End of story.       https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/news/2020/04/15/coronavirus-risk-90-patients-had-underlying-conditions/2962721001/

Yeah, it's funny how some people just can't let go.

The denial is astonishing, especially from those who believed the promise of a "solution" which turned out not to be one.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

The denial is astonishing, especially from those who believed the promise of a "solution" which turned out not to be one.

What solution was that.........?

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The study you cite is pretty meaningless in the context of my prior mention about Thai deaths FROM COVID...

Yes, lots of people who die from COVID have some other chronic condition(s). But, and this is the important part, those chronic conditions don't mean they were imminently going to die absent COVID....

Many, were it not for COVID, would have lived for years with their ongoing chronic conditions -- obesity, high blood pressure, etc etc.

The main point on the issue here in Thailand is... the Thai Ministry of Public Health long ago significantly narrowed what they'll record as a death FROM COVID, leaving out all those who died WITH COVID from their official counts.

So lately when the Thais report an official COVID death, there's little doubt that it occurred FROM COVID, regardless of the presence of comorbidities.

Some fail to see that most would be alive today had they not caught covid. Vaccine misinformation caused so many unnecessary deaths.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Some fail to see that most would be alive today had they not caught covid. Vaccine misinformation caused so many unnecessary deaths.

And they would also be alive today if they were not obese, had kidney disease, diabetic, hypertension . All avoidable with a healthy lifestyle. Having said that: I'm sure the vaccines have saved lives in the comorbidities crowd.

8 minutes ago, morrobay said:

And they would also be alive today if they were not obese, had kidney disease, diabetic, hypertension . All avoidable with a healthy lifestyle. Having said that: I'm sure the vaccines have saved lives in the comorbidities crowd.

Not always avoidable with a healthy lifestyle, on that I beg to differ with you.  You and a few others always miss the point that some are born with comorbidities, or it arose from a surgical procedure they may have had, ergo my in between Type 2 and Type 1 diabetes.  

13 minutes ago, morrobay said:

And they would also be alive today if they were not obese, had kidney disease, diabetic, hypertension . All avoidable with a healthy lifestyle. Having said that: I'm sure the vaccines have saved lives in the commodities crowd.

Maybe, those with cancer can live a long time though as can those with heart conditions, asthma, HIV, Immunocompromised, Cystic fibrosis,  kidney, liver, Pulmonary embolism, the list goes on and are all part of your "comorbidities crowd" as you put it through no fault of their own.

Edited by Bkk Brian

4 hours ago, EricTh said:

Did you have a sore throat as well?

How do we distinguish between a common cold and this Covid cold?

I had it recently. One common tell-tale sign is a very harsh sore throat.  For others it could be a fever.

I would not describe it (for me) as a mild cold- no way!  It was short lived though.

6 hours ago, morrobay said:

I'm surprised most of these people with comorbidities are still walking around. Sure serious flu and covid puts them in serious condition. Not following at all this  this mumbo jumbo from the Thai ministry of public health your referring to. Most serious cases , deaths ,hospital care involve those with comorbidities. End of story.       https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/news/2020/04/15/coronavirus-risk-90-patients-had-underlying-conditions/2962721001/

Not sure what point you're trying to argue...

I already acknowledged that many deaths FROM COVID have involved people who had other health conditions. Hard for that not to be the case when obesity and high blood pressure are so common in society at large. No one's disputing that, AFAIK.

But as for the deaths FROM COVID, those counted in the official COVID stats, they're still overwhelmingly FROM COVID... judged by the doctors involved to be because of COVID.

Those people may have had other health conditions, but if they get listed as a COVID death, as a general rule, it's because it was COVID that ultimately caused their death... not the other conditions.

That April 2020 USA Today article you're citing talks about all the various underlying health conditions, but nowhere does it claim those deaths were not BECAUSE of COVID.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not always avoidable with a healthy lifestyle, on that I beg to differ with you.  You and a few others always miss the point that some are born with comorbidities, or it arose from a surgical procedure they may have had, ergo my in between Type 2 and Type 1 diabetes.  

Why didn't you state the above months ago.  If I had type 1 diabetes my anxiety level would increase 20x. My opinion is based on evidence for the most part but I'm biased as we all are and as an extremely healthy individual Covid is a non-fatal issue.  Sure, I might still get Covid and die but the the odds are minute IMO. 

I actually thought I was diabetic and bought a self test kit which I used for a month.  I'm very active running trails and have tiny cuts all over my body.  For a three month period this year they weren't healing and were disgusting.  My Covid fear increased during this period but the test revealed I had good blood sugar levels and if anything on the low side.  I eat too much sugar but I guess my exercise helps. 

Edited by onthedarkside
personal comments to other forum member removed

18 minutes ago, atpeace said:

Why didn't you state the above months ago.  If I had type 1 diabetes my anxiety level would increase 20x. My opinion is based on evidence for the most part but I'm biased as we all are and as an extremely healthy individual Covid is a non-fatal issue.  Sure, I might still get Covid and die but the the odds are minute IMO. 

I actually thought I was diabetic and bought a self test kit which I used for a month.  I'm very active running trails and have tiny cuts all over my body.  For a three month period this year they weren't healing and were disgusting.  My Covid fear increased during this period but the test revealed I had good blood sugar levels and if anything on the low side.  I eat too much sugar but I guess my exercise helps. 

I have never had any anxieties as I take proper care of myself, have an A1C of 5.2, and watch what I eat, put in over 35km's a week, not bed-ridden or locked in my home like you seem to think.

1 hour ago, mommysboy said:

One thing we all have in common is illness: to be human is to get a chronic condition sooner or later.

More than two-thirds of the COVID deaths in the U.S. since the start of the pandemic have been in senior citizens.

And it shouldn't surprise anyone that by the time people get into their 60s and beyond, they tend to have or have developed various health conditions.

None of that takes away from the fact that too many of them ended up dying from COVID.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

Just leave these people ^ to their problems - because they got them.

• Like 1