Is this being racist?

Isn't it a bit strange that such Woke  people would even consider working  for an Organisation like the Royal Thai Airforce whose primary function , when called upon,  is to kill people . Especially considering the role of this team seems to be to assist them in maintaining their killing  machines,  If the Thais declared war on a "big nosed" nation would you consider sabotaging their weapons systems?   Thought not

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Not really sure what point you are trying to make here but you certainly shouldn't be using the word 'equal' with that statement.

If you are trying to say they look different to you then the sentance should read 'But they don't look the same, they have a different skin color.'  

The word 'equal' means being the same in quantity, size, degree, or value so your statement reads 'But they are not the same in quantity, size, degree, or value, they have a different skin color'

Which is racist. 

I think we can agree that the word equal can be used in many different ways.

I.e. my gf is female, shorter than me and I have a lot more quantity (kg). Is she equal? No, we are different in many ways. Is she also a human being with the same human rights, etc.? Yes.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

?

Why do you think they don't respect them as equal only because they have a bigger nose?

I.e. I am "white" and I know black guys. Are they equal? No. They are black and I am white. 

I still respect them, and they can be equally competent and intelligent and nice.

But they are not equal, they have a different skin color.

Less chance of skin cancer, so they have an advantage

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:

Isn't it a bit strange that such Woke  people would even consider working  for an Organisation like the Royal Thai Airforce whose primary function , when called upon,  is to kill people . Especially considering the role of this team seems to be to assist them in maintaining their killing  machines,  If the Thais declared war on a "big nosed" nation would you consider sabotaging their weapons systems?   Thought not

Perhaps you could find a more ridiculous and nonsensical connotation for "woke" if you tried hard but I doubt it. You're equating not hating minorities with not wishing to serve your country. I think you could do with a little more self introspection here.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Jingthing said:

There is German humor?

Indeed there is . A short  British black and white  "comedy" entitled "dinner for one" was a total failure in the UK but is considered essential viewing in Germany every christmas

7 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Perhaps you could find a more ridiculous and nonsensical connotation for "woke" if you tried hard but I doubt it. You're equating not hating minorities with not wishing to serve your country. I think you could do with a little more self introspection here.

It's amazing how accurate the list is!

4 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Indeed there is . A short  British black and white  "comedy" entitled "dinner for one" was a total failure in the UK but is considered essential viewing in Germany every christmas

I thought that was in Norway????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:

I feel that when people want to be derogatory, they will misappropriate the word "woke" (which was originally used by Afro-Americans), to make a point about something with which they disagree.

Perhaps the primary role of the air force is security and defence and killing is not really a consideration, but technology and utilisation of "know how " and research is 

definition of:   alert to injustice in society, especially racism.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

A rather depressive piece of theatre. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Thunglom said:

I thought that was in Norway????

It was written by a british guy Lauri Wylie and starred a british guy Freddie Frinton   It was written for the theatre but some german guy saw it in blackpool and the rest is history   I had never heard of it until some germans told me about it. It was never shown on TV in the UK but now it is shown every year on sky at xmas according to wiki.  Why they show it I don't know as its awful. Maybe the UK leftie media are worried that German expats are entitled to view it as part of their human right to a traditional German xmas

38 minutes ago, Thunglom said:

It's amazing how accurate the list is!

Who's about to serve whose country? 

If the German in question is working for Thai military then his duty is of course to serve Thailand (a neutral country) and not GerMoney (a NATO country) 

4 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

It was written by a british guy Lauri Wylie and starred a british guy Freddie Frinton   It was written for the theatre but some german guy saw it in blackpool and the rest is history   I had never heard of it until some germans told me about it. It was never shown on TV in the UK but now it is shown every year on sky at xmas according to wiki.  Why they show it I don't know as its awful. Maybe the UK leftie media are worried that German expats are entitled to view it as part of their human right to a traditional German xmas

There's an off button in TVs. So German expats have to view nothing at all. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Thunglom said:

Incredible - here's a definition of woke"aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)" - the alternative is ignorant ,,,,,,

That's fine. Now, who defines what" important facts and issues" are? 

9 minutes ago, micmichd said:

Who's about to serve whose country? 

If the German in question is working for Thai military then his duty is of course to serve Thailand (a neutral country) and not GerMoney (a NATO country) 

Eh? - what's that got to do with racism?

14 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I know th scotch - apparently it is part of Norway's Xmas TV. Your comments are subjective and unexplained.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

I feel that when people want to be derogatory, they will misappropriate the word "woke" (which was originally used by Afro-Americans), to make a point about something with which they disagree.

Perhaps the primary role of the air force is security and defence and killing is not really a consideration, but technology and utilisation of "know how " and research is 

definition of:   alert to injustice in society, especially racism.

I think the word woke was originally used by native english speakers to mean "not asleep" as far as I am aware It may well have been hijacked by others, that is not uncommon, It has now been reclaimed, and is used sarcastically by the dissatisfied  and not very vocal  majority  who are getting more and more fed up with the very vocal "woke" minority

Killing not really a consideration ?  its the armed forces  not social services. Unless I am mistaken the generally accepted way of attacking of defending militarily is by killing people, , ideally the opposing forces soldiers, but if civilians get in the way then so be it.

12 minutes ago, Thunglom said:

I know th scotch - apparently it is part of Norway's Xmas TV. Your comments are subjective and unexplained.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinner_for_One   read it and weep then you can congratulate me on what was actually a very objective comment  and will now hopefully have been explained to you by the clever wiki people

It may well be part of Norway's Christmas but its a British part

But one thing all us Brits will agree on even those who haven't seen it is,...It will sound a hell of a lot funnier when dubbed into Norwegian   hahahaha

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, micmichd said:

That's fine. Now, who defines what" important facts and issues" are? 

They don't actually need any facts,  In the uk for example you only have to "perceive" that you were the victim of a "hate crime" to be considered as such. A law for snowlakes written by snowflakes

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Thunglom said:

Eh? - what's that got to do with racism?

Nothing yet. But it's got to do a lot with reliability in case of a military conflict in Thailand. Someone who judges people by their noses is very apt to dehumanize foreigners (be they Thai or Turkish) as what some Americans once called "gooks". And that was racist.  

Fortunately the Vietnam War is over, but I certainly wouldn't trust people who still believe they're a "master race" 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, micmichd said:

There's an off button in TVs. So German expats have to view nothing at all. 

Well the wont be watching 'allo 'allo     its been banned     by the wokies   as have several episodes of other classic british comedies,  

A controversial comedian has been banned from performing ( to adults) in a large city in the UK as the "woke" mayor doesn't like his subject content and has decided others should not be allowed to see him perform,  WE dont control the off button thats now the purpose of the close ally of the woke their main enforcer   "cancel culture"    A strange spin off from that was the famous author JK rowling who was cancelled by the ungrateful little brats that she made famous. basically for daring to state the medical definition of "woman"

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Thunglom said:

another cliche! -You are ticking all the boxes.

I've already put you right regarding one inaccurate criticism, do I really have to do it again?  you must be feeling embarrassed about your last attempt 

6 minutes ago, micmichd said:

Nothing yet. But it's got to do a lot with reliability in case of a military conflict in Thailand. Someone who judges people by their noses is very apt to dehumanize foreigners (be they Thai or Turkish) as what some Americans once called "gooks". And that was racist.  

Fortunately the Vietnam War is over, but I certainly wouldn't trust people who still believe they're a "master race" 

good point, and  I am also wary of people who for some reason are always a bit to quick to identify as victims or those supporting them

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I've already put you right regarding one inaccurate criticism, do I really have to do it again?  you must be feeling embarrassed about your last attempt 

Snowflake - an insult used to mean that a person is too easily insulted or is too sensitive to the opinions of others.

used by racists etc. who are too sensitive to the opinions of others. - e,g, when being pointed out as racists

• Like 2