Is this being racist?

9 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I've already put you right regarding one inaccurate criticism

Brilliant! You just keep confirming everything on the list item by item - keep going!

to save time just go to #15 - 

Edited by Thunglom
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, bendejo said:

In younger years when staying in youth hostels and similar there would be guys running around the halls in Speedos.  Those were the Germans.

You'd have been te guy running around asking what nation;ity they were??

• Haha 1

On 8/22/2022 at 7:38 AM, problemfarang said:

So get back to the conversation i heard. I will not give the full details but at some point german guy said 'yes, you are obviously from ... because your nose is very big.'

There has been some conflict between Germans and Jews in the not to distant past and a German stating certain people have large noses could well be a continuation of Germans "persecution" of Jews .

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

Not really sure what point you are trying to make here but you certainly shouldn't be using the word 'equal' with that statement.

If you are trying to say they look different to you then the sentance should read 'But they don't look the same, they have a different skin color.'  

The word 'equal' means being the same in quantity, size, degree, or value so your statement reads 'But they are not the same in quantity, size, degree, or value, they have a different skin color'

Which is racist. 

Got news for you mate not one person in the world is equal . I love basketball but I'm sure as <deleted> not Michael Jordan. Love football but I'm sure as fxxk not Ronaldo. Love fighting but I ain't Khabib. I love this fallacious notion of equality. It's ridiculous.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

There has been some conflict between Germans and Jews in the not to distant past and a German stating certain people have large noses could well be a continuation of Germans "persecution" of Jews .

Yes but the OP clearly stated this wasn't about that. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mikebike said:

Like Christians? Biggest victim complex on the planet.

I assume you are referring to the practising variety ( tiny minority) , The vast majority of people classed as christians have had no interest in their religion at all for a long time.

• Confused 2

18 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I assume you are referring to the practising variety ( tiny minority) , The vast majority of people classed as christians have had no interest in their religion at all for a long time.

Huh? The largest religious group in the world (soon to be passed by Islam) have, according to you, "no interest in their religion"? Are you high?

Edited by mikebike

8 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Huh? The largest religious group in the world (soon to be passed by Islam) have, according to you, "no interest in their religion"? Are you high?

How many regular church goers do you know ?

22 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

You obviously have no knowledge of UK law , Its probably best if you keep quiet 

"UK law" - ??? - you just keep getting better and better - what on earth do you think you'll achieve??

Edited by Thunglom
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

How many regular church goers do you know ?

Personally? More than I'd like to...

Statistically?

The number of Christians around the world has nearly quadrupled in the last 100 years, from about 600 million in 1910 to more than 2 billion in 2010.

https://www.pewresearch.org/religion/2011/12/19/global-christianity-exec/#:~:text=The number of Christians around,to 6.9 billion in 2010.

2 hours ago, Thunglom said:

another cliche! -You are ticking all the boxes.

It is actually the U.K law .

Its considered to be a hate crime if the victim thinks that its a hate crime and thats a reason why there has been a surge in hate crimes , because it depends on what the victims opinion is  

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Personally? More than I'd like to...

Statistically?

The number of Christians around the world has nearly quadrupled in the last 100 years, from about 600 million in 1910 to more than 2 billion in 2010.

https://www.pewresearch.org/religion/2011/12/19/global-christianity-exec/#:~:text=The number of Christians around,to 6.9 billion in 2010.

Well i don't know any "christian " my self included  that gives religion a second thought  but I'll take your word for it, However I don't consider it cause for concern,  Its not like they practice female or male genital mutilation and I haven't heard of any beheadings as a result of the increase, have you?   Although I must admit the child abuse issue is something that needs to be addressed. But am I  offended? not particularly.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I thought most of the Jews in question were Germans.  I think you mean “Some Germans persecuted their minority Jewish compatriots”; and Romany, and other minorities.  But the most important part of that sentence is “some”.  We might criticise the silent majority (or even the silent minority) but I have never been offered the choice of facing a firing squad for my support of a stranger, and I hope I am never given that opportunity.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Well i don't know any "christian " my self included  that gives religion a second thought  but I'll take your word for it, However I don't consider it cause for concern,  Its not like they practice female or male genital mutilation and I haven't heard of any beheadings as a result of the increase, have you?   Although I must admit the child abuse issue is something that needs to be addressed. But am I  offended? not particularly.

Maybe 5% take it seriously

1 minute ago, StreetCowboy said:

I thought most of the Jews in question were Germans.  I think you mean “Some Germans persecuted their minority Jewish compatriots”; and Romany, and other minorities.  But the most important part of that sentence is “some”.  We might criticise the silent majority (or even the silent minority) but I have never been offered the choice of facing a firing squad for my support of a stranger, and I hope I am never given that opportunity.

Not really, they weren't specifically Germans , the Jews came from all over Eastern Europe , What I did mean is what I said and I didn't mean your misquote .

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Not really, they weren't specifically Germans , the Jews came from all over Eastern Europe , What I did mean is what I said and I didn't mean your misquote .

I did business with a jewish chap. Friendly but very tight with money. The guy was rich but lived like a poor person. He would furnish his house with free furniture off the street in a nice house with water views.

8 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

I did business with a jewish chap. Friendly but very tight with money. The guy was rich but lived like a poor person. He would furnish his house with free furniture off the street in a nice house with water views.

That’s probably because he was frugal.  I have friends who are frugal, but they’re still willing to push the boat out on a Sunday afternoon.

Just now, StreetCowboy said:

That’s probably because he was frugal.  I have friends who are frugal, but they’re still willing to push the boat out on a Sunday afternoon.

Most frugal person I met. He also cheated me out of some money. Havent spoken since.

Saving money is good except when you start cheating people out of money. He was rich. Owned a house in Sydney harbour views. No need to be super tight.

Anyway thats life. Ive met poor people with a much better outlook on life.

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:

"I don't know any Christian that gives religion a second thought".

You sure you wanna go with that?