Scammers are bombarding Thai customers with spam numbers

webfact

On 8/23/2022 at 8:03 AM, Calvin1976 said:

Unknown calls can just  be ignored and don't answer.

How about unknown/unfamiliar sms that contained a link (bit.ly/XXXXXX)?

Can we block unknown sms? ????

Just got one earlier, it was in Thai. I bypassed the golden opportunity of 55,000 baht and simply blocked the number which was a +66-627. Yes you can block easily if a number shows up... there are ways if not too.

On 8/23/2022 at 5:59 AM, Photoguy21 said:

Could just let them talk as while they are talking to you they are not scamming others

as long as it cannot cost you anything that is a good strategy. If you have no urgent business then it can be fun to ask questions and make their call longer. Presumably it costs them something to call you.....

Edited by bangon04
sp

25 minutes ago, bangon04 said:

as long as it cannot cost you anything that is a good strategy. If you have no urgent business then it can be fun to ask questions and make their call longer. Presumably it costs them something to call you.....

Play stupid and lead them on. I have a lot of respect for the guys who get the scammers busted. There are a few good sites on YouTube regarding this.

Edited by Photoguy21

On 8/23/2022 at 10:49 AM, fvw53 said:

I get now also those crooked calls on a phone which I open not more than once a week and with only 3 correspondents for the LINE app :  how did the crooks get my number ...or werre my provider's data hacked and then sold ?

I think they have a system that just dials sequential numbers until someone answers.  Hence the recorded message ..... the real person only picks up when someone answers.