Nz 2nd worst country to live in

Sparktrader

3 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Yep - Broken Britain and its not  just the  Energy  bills. The ferocious  violence  is so bad its an epidemic and have you read  about all the human  faeces being poured into rivers, lakes and the  sea,? Its vile.

Just wondering about Thailand .

Does sewage in Thailand go straight into the sea ?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That's the only reason why you go to Thailand though .

If prostitution wasn't available , would you still go to Thailand ?

How many goes on prostitutes did you have this week ?

Prostitution exists in most countries, so that's not really a good question, IMO.

I would still have gone to LOS for the beaches in the 90s, before the good ones were ruined, but having an attractive, and active girl with me was also an incentive.

I certainly gave up on all western women long before I ever discovered Thailand. Couldn't see the point of bothering with them in a romantic sense.

Most of the Thai prostitutes I met were nicer people than many of the western women I worked with. Don't make the mistake of thinking Thai prostitutes are bad people- most are only doing it to make some money for a while, not as a career. The reason Thai prostitutes are so popular is that unlike with western prostitutes, it's more like a girlfriend experience. Some go with the same customer for years.

How many goes on prostitutes did you have this week ?

Probably more than western men have with their wives in a week.

17 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

79 baht large beer in beer garden in isaan

170 baht or $7 in Oz for small beer

I give u wine though its a rip of in thailand, too hot for wine though

Icecreams are cheaper in thailand

Thai 7/11 sell cheap beer by 1

Oz 7 /11 no beer

Oz bottleshops only cheap by 24, most close by 9pm

Someone once said that Thailand was a poor man's paradise, and I think they nailed it. My feeling is that trying to claim Thailand is the best place to live because some things are cheap is kind of a lousy argument. I'd rather make good money and be in a position to choose. I chose New Zealand over Thailand but at the same time I don't deny that NZ has all sorts of problems.....but to me it's still a better option than Thailand, at least at this point in time. If Jacinda is re-elected next year and the decline looks to continue for 3 more years, I may well be out of here!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, huangnon said:

She is a member of the WEF. This is her page on their website: https://www.weforum.org/people/jacinda-ardern

It's a conspiracy in plain view. If you don't know about this organization, maybe you've heard about their "Great Reset"? Watered down as "build back better", and other terms.

This is a famous pic from their website, and basically outlines their mission statement:

WEF.jpg

It's reasonable to be a bit suspicious of such a group that is funded by large corporations and other wealthy donors, and who meet once a year in a beautiful town like Davos, to pontificate about the future of the world.  

On the other hand, the problem in life can be that those who try to do something BIG, make big changes and talk in terms of big ideas, can be fodder for conspiracy theories when the intentions may not be conspiratorial or negative.

The Great Reset seems to be about finding new ideas to rethink the way things are done post covid. The term sounds bad but the idea makes sense.  Build back better was of course Biden's policies to deal with climate change etc. 

The catchphrase you quote was from a 2016 talk by a Danish politician, predicting life in 2030, where the message was 'all products will become services' and the full quote is 'You'll own nothing and you'll be happy. Whatever you want you'll rent and it'll be delivered by a drone.'

That prediction has some truth with all sorts of rental sharing sites etc appearing for things such as clothes to homes to cars. Ideas with merit can be distorted.

As far as Jacinta Adern's involvement I couldn't see much except a strong speech on Climate change in 2019 along with David Attenborough. They probably like having her associated with them as she has some credibility. Keep in mind she is a Labour politician which is akin to the left of the American democrats - hardly a close friend of large corporations in the bigger picture.  

Best to keep an open mind on these things. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, mstevens said:

Someone once said that Thailand was a poor man's paradise, and I think they nailed it. My feeling is that trying to claim Thailand is the best place to live because some things are cheap is kind of a lousy argument. I'd rather make good money and be in a position to choose. I chose New Zealand over Thailand but at the same time I don't deny that NZ has all sorts of problems.....but to me it's still a better option than Thailand, at least at this point in time. If Jacinda is re-elected next year and the decline looks to continue for 3 more years, I may well be out of here!

I've not, to my knowledge, claimed that Thailand is the "best" place in the world to live ( that accolade would go to Antarctica ), but it's certainly the best place out of the many that I've lived in.

I suspect that if she is re elected, one might be injured in the ruck to leave the country.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

It's reasonable to be a bit suspicious of such a group that is funded by large corporations and other wealthy donors, and who meet once a year in a beautiful town like Davos, to pontificate about the future of the world.  

On the other hand, the problem in life can be that those who try to do something BIG, make big changes and talk in terms of big ideas, can be fodder for conspiracy theories when the intentions may not be conspiratorial or negative.

The Great Reset seems to be about finding new ideas to rethink the way things are done post covid. The term sounds bad but the idea makes sense.  Build back better was of course Biden's policies to deal with climate change etc. 

The catchphrase you quote was from a 2016 talk by a Danish politician, predicting life in 2030, where the message was 'all products will become services' and the full quote is 'You'll own nothing and you'll be happy. Whatever you want you'll rent and it'll be delivered by a drone.'

That prediction has some truth with all sorts of rental sharing sites etc appearing for things such as clothes to homes to cars. Ideas with merit can be distorted.

As far as Jacinta Adern's involvement I couldn't see much except a strong speech on Climate change in 2019 along with David Attenborough. They probably like having her associated with them as she has some credibility. Keep in mind she is a Labour politician which is akin to the left of the American democrats - hardly a close friend of large corporations in the bigger picture.  

Best to keep an open mind on these things. 

The democrats love big corps

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

We've already been there, done that with muldoon's Think Big that IMO ruined the country.

We don't need any more Big of any sort.

What we need are houses, the end of loony education gimmicks, a decent public health service and a strong police force that's not emasculated by politicians.

Oh, and a real defence force would not go amiss.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

If i had $50m id still find oz boring. Its not money, its culture. Bland. Westernisation ruins it.

The issue I have with many who claim they like Thailand because it's cheap and don't like the West because it's expensive is because they don't actually have a lot of genuine options due to their financial situation. The other issue I have is that many claim the West is boring when really their definition of boring is that they cannot find cheap prostitutes. That's a sad and seemingly growing affliction across this forum.

New Zealand has a myriad of problems, about that any of us living in New Zealand will be the first to agree. And, yeah, in some ways it's not the place it used to be. If you want excitement, certainly there are better places to be....but NZ is a pretty good place for many types of lifestyle. It all comes back to what you want from life.

Edited by mstevens
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, mstevens said:

The issue I have with many who claim they like Thailand because it's cheap and don't like the West because it's expensive is because they don't actually have a lot of genuine options due to their financial situation. The other issue I have is that many claim the West is boring when really their definition of boring is that they cannot find cheap prostitutes. That's a sad and seemingly growing affliction across this forum.

New Zealand has a myriad of problems, about that any of us living in New Zealand will be the first to agree. And, yeah, in some ways it's not the place it used to be. If you want excitement, certainly there are better places to be....but NZ is a pretty good place for many types of lifestyle. It all comes back to what you want from life.

More to life than hookers.

Day 1 street food

Day 2 mom and pop shop

Day 3 fine dining

Day 4 people watching

Day 5 tuk tuk

Day 6 flying

Day 7 local train

The west has very little diversity or culture. Its not about money or hookers.

(There are people who say they dont use hookers, yet thats half their conversation, unresolved issues)

Edited by Sparktrader

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I've not, to my knowledge, claimed that Thailand is the "best" place in the world to live ( that accolade would go to Antarctica ), but it's certainly the best place out of the many that I've lived in.

I suspect that if she is re elected, one might be injured in the ruck to leave the country.

Many people like to live in SEA, not just Thailand only because they can't afford to live in their own countries on a pension. Would that alone not make those countries the "best" place to live for them?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Many people like to live in SEA, not just Thailand only because they can't afford to live in their own countries on a pension. Would that alone not make those countries the "best" place to live for them?

Many people like asian culture

The west has western culture

On 8/25/2022 at 3:49 PM, greenmonkey said:

I live in Thailand and had been seriously considering a move back to the UK mostly for my son's education and for a better family life (grandparents, lots of uncles, aunts, cousins). But now am unsure as I understand that the average energy bill in the UK will rise to aprox 500 GBP per month!!! Add to that the impending interest rate rises and rising food prices I honestly don't think I can afford to move back. Crazy times!

Far better off in every respect sending him to a private school in LOS. It's going to be way cheaper when your total costs are added up of the move. Kids in LOS still behave better than in the UK overall, and it's a trainwreck there right now, politics aside, anyone who can't see that, deserves what's coming. Even though supermarket prices in LOS are higher, they actually have more on the shelves than the UK now, and prices there will soon catch up, it's only going to get worse.

I have both NZ and UK citizenship, so this so called "report" doesn't matter, since I'm not an "expat" in NZ. It can't be that bad for expats either, British doctors, nurses, plumbers, etc, can't get over here fast enough. 

There more to life than just a fat paycheck in £ as anyone whose lived in Thailand can confirm. 

3 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

If i had $50m id still find oz boring. Its not money, its culture. Bland. Westernisation ruins it.

Yep. If I had serious money I'd spend northern summer in Portugal winter in Thailand.

New Zealand isn't bad at all, but southern winter messes up that schedule, something weird about Christmas in Summer, maybe because I was born in blighty. 

• Like 1