Nz 2nd worst country to live in

Sparktrader

Basically, and fundamentally, one must agree with the writer of this topic, and also with the Guardian.

Places like NZ and OZ, being south of the equator, really have nothing to offer for movers and shakers.

Therefore, if you wish to be a mover and a shaker, you need to head far north to places like the UK, Boston, and California.

However, if you wish to make a fantasy film, something about a wolverine, for example, then New Zealand is the place.  Any film dealing in fantasy, you will get 100% support in places like New Zealand and Australia.

South of the equator, most people live in a fantasy world.

I mean, have you ever watched the news broadcasts put out by those in Australia or New Zealand, for example?

Just pure fantasy.

In fact, life in Australia and New Zealand is like life in a summer camp for boys and girls in any country above the equator.

image.jpeg.8d300feed971707be6dcca02ae048d2e.jpeg

Sad...really.

Because, it never had to be this way.

NZ and OZ could have been satisfied with life, a slower existence, just keeping to themselves, rather than reaching for the brass ring perceived to be above the equator, somewhere.

What must it be like to live down south?

Who knows.

Glad I did not know.

But now, I think I do know.

It must not be good.

• Confused 1

Real American conservatives hate gun control, abortion, gays, and ANY kind of socialized medicine -even if it's one that's just not up to your liking. They're not big on benefits of any kind. You, meanwhile, complain (probably reasonably) about your pension constantly.

If conservatives were like you, an educated isolationist, I'd have one foot in that camp. But they're not. So yes, conservative people in Britosphere countries are moderates by US standards. And very liberal on social issues and the right to healthcare.

Since you know that Daddy will never abandon you, you like to make a theatrical show of Daddy-defiance. Whatever.

7 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

Real American conservatives hate gun control, abortion, gays, and ANY kind of socialized medicine -even if it's one that's just not up to your liking. They're not big on benefits of any kind. You, meanwhile, complain (probably reasonably) about your pension constantly.

If conservatives were like you, an educated isolationist, I'd have one foot in that camp. But they're not. So yes, conservative people in Britosphere countries are moderates by US standards. And very liberal on social issues and the right to healthcare.

Since you know that Daddy will never abandon you, you like to make a theatrical show of Daddy-defiance. Whatever.

U are too political

Go find the sign to Nirvana, follow the path

• Haha 1

Nah, back now down by CM night market. Pai was great for gym, yoga, and meditation. All within a half a kilometer. Terrible spliff; like what I used to get in high school. Doubt I'll smoke again in Thailand.

Sparky, your pics are great. You have a gift for composition.

On 8/25/2022 at 1:01 PM, JonnyF said:

Ardern is ruining the place with her Woke politics and "single source of truth" nonsense.

Couldn't pay me to live there. Australia is going the same way unfortunately. I'm more than happy here in Thailand.

Ardern is another of those World Economic Forum "young leaders" (same as Macron, Trudeau, Rutte, etc) inserted into Government to do the bidding of corporations, and <deleted> their people over. They're doing a great job.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Basically, and fundamentally, one must agree with the writer of this topic, and also with the Guardian.

Places like NZ and OZ, being south of the equator, really have nothing to offer for movers and shakers.

Therefore, if you wish to be a mover and a shaker, you need to head far north to places like the UK, Boston, and California.

However, if you wish to make a fantasy film, something about a wolverine, for example, then New Zealand is the place.  Any film dealing in fantasy, you will get 100% support in places like New Zealand and Australia.

South of the equator, most people live in a fantasy world.

I mean, have you ever watched the news broadcasts put out by those in Australia or New Zealand, for example?

Just pure fantasy.

In fact, life in Australia and New Zealand is like life in a summer camp for boys and girls in any country above the equator.

image.jpeg.8d300feed971707be6dcca02ae048d2e.jpeg

Sad...really.

Because, it never had to be this way.

NZ and OZ could have been satisfied with life, a slower existence, just keeping to themselves, rather than reaching for the brass ring perceived to be above the equator, somewhere.

What must it be like to live down south?

Who knows.

Glad I did not know.

But now, I think I do know.

It must not be good.

About that photo? Just how old is it?

Edited by ozimoron

20 minutes ago, huangnon said:

Ardern is another of those World Economic Forum "young leaders" (same as Macron, Trudeau, Rutte, etc) inserted into Government to do the bidding of corporations, and <deleted> their people over. They're doing a great job.

OK. Some world conspiracy? What is the evidence of her working on behalf of corporations? Lockdowns?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

About that photo? Just how old is it?

How old is the photo?

Plus or minus 30 years from yesterday, I would imagine.

Anyway, if one were from New Zealand, then why would anyone be overly concerned with dates of photographs?

Because, in New Zealand, one day is just like the next.  New Zealanders and guys from OZ always tell us that life there is so very boring.

Therefore, asking what date a photo might have been taken, given how slow and boring it is in New Zealand, probably does not even matter.  Every day is almost the same as the day before.

Living in New Zealand, to hear New Zealander's tell it, is sort of like Groundhog Day.

I really do not know why some people from Australia or New Zealand seem so insistent upon telling the world about high prices and boring days.

Maybe this happens when guys have spent too much time living the good life.

Heaven, likewise, is very boring, I would imagine, if one spent overly much time there.

Just sitting in Heaven everlastingly strumming the old harp. That might get old within about one million years, the first millisecond of Eternity.

Australia must be boring, or, otherwise, why would we hear so much about the boringness of Australia?

When I was young, I dreamed of visiting Australia.  And, I know some Japanese who have thankfully retired there.

Seems to me that Australia must be a far better place than is told here in Thailand.

I bet I could find a very nice place to live in Australia.

However, I doubt that it is so easy for a farang to get a retirement visa to Australia.

I would definitely consider moving to Australia, if they would have me, which I doubt.

Anyway, sorry to hear about the problems in NZ and OZ, and I take these problems and negative stories with a grain of salt.

(People from NZ and OZ are extremely fortunate to be citizens, I would say. They should count their lucky stars, in fact!)

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

OK. Some world conspiracy? What is the evidence of her working on behalf of corporations? Lockdowns?

She is a member of the WEF. This is her page on their website: https://www.weforum.org/people/jacinda-ardern

It's a conspiracy in plain view. If you don't know about this organization, maybe you've heard about their "Great Reset"? Watered down as "build back better", and other terms.

This is a famous pic from their website, and basically outlines their mission statement:

WEF.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, huangnon said:

Bought and owned by UN

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LaosLover said:

Nah, back now down by CM night market. Pai was great for gym, yoga, and meditation. All within a half a kilometer. Terrible spliff; like what I used to get in high school. Doubt I'll smoke again in Thailand.

Sparky, your pics are great. You have a gift for composition.

Pardon me, but might I, most respectfully, ask you..."which high school"?

The only reason I ask is because it seems to me that your word usage is, somewhat, atypical to anything I have ever witnessed in America.

I would say that...IF...you are from America....then...it must be the Tri-state area.  Am I getting close?

Still, I respectfully submit that your English is not American.

You are using too many English constructions that are just not American, which is not a sin, of course.

I just find it curious.

Please do not get miffed at my curiosity.

Good!

45 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

How old is the photo?

Plus or minus 30 years from yesterday, I would imagine.

Anyway, if one were from New Zealand, then why would anyone be overly concerned with dates of photographs?

Because, in New Zealand, one day is just like the next.  New Zealanders and guys from OZ always tell us that life there is so very boring.

Therefore, asking what date a photo might have been taken, given how slow and boring it is in New Zealand, probably does not even matter.  Every day is almost the same as the day before.

Living in New Zealand, to hear New Zealander's tell it, is sort of like Groundhog Day.

I really do not know why some people from Australia or New Zealand seem so insistent upon telling the world about high prices and boring days.

Maybe this happens when guys have spent too much time living the good life.

Heaven, likewise, is very boring, I would imagine, if one spent overly much time there.

Just sitting in Heaven everlastingly strumming the old harp. That might get old within about one million years, the first millisecond of Eternity.

Australia must be boring, or, otherwise, why would we hear so much about the boringness of Australia?

When I was young, I dreamed of visiting Australia.  And, I know some Japanese who have thankfully retired there.

Seems to me that Australia must be a far better place than is told here in Thailand.

I bet I could find a very nice place to live in Australia.

However, I doubt that it is so easy for a farang to get a retirement visa to Australia.

I would definitely consider moving to Australia, if they would have me, which I doubt.

Anyway, sorry to hear about the problems in NZ and OZ, and I take these problems and negative stories with a grain of salt.

(People from NZ and OZ are extremely fortunate to be citizens, I would say. They should count their lucky stars, in fact!)

Thai hotel 600 baht, oz 3000 baht

Thai curry 60 baht, oz 420 baht

Thai Massage 200/300 baht, oz 1600 baht

Kayak tour thai 1000 baht, oz 5000 baht

Thai women under 50kgs, oz 70 to 90kgs

You get the idea

1 minute ago, Sparktrader said:

Thai hotel 600 baht, oz 3000 baht

Thai curry 60 baht, oz 420 baht

Thai Massage 200/300 baht, oz 1600 baht

Kayak tour thai 1000 baht, oz 5000 baht

Thai women under 50kgs, oz 70 to 90kgs