Sparktrader

20 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Thai hotel 600 baht, oz 3000 baht

Thai curry 60 baht, oz 420 baht

Thai Massage 200/300 baht, oz 1600 baht

Kayak tour thai 1000 baht, oz 5000 baht

Thai women under 50kgs, oz 70 to 90kgs

You get the idea

I guess that's relevant if you're retired/living off savings and pension.

I'm far off retirement; my most recent NZ contract, 32hr/wk @ NZ$80/hr has been more than 'scraping by' or poverty; going back January for more.

And women's weight? What, do you have to pay by the kilogram?

9 minutes ago, gomangosteen said:

I'm far off retirement; my most recent NZ contract, 32hr/wk @ NZ$80/hr has been more than 'scraping by' or poverty; going back January for more.

Are you now referring to some passage in The Merchant of Venice?

Are you now demanding a kilogram of flesh?

I would rather be a tradesman in New Zealand or Australia on a safe work site earning excellent dollars but paying a bit more for a takeaway. For a Thai tradesman beer and food is a much bigger chunk of your wage.

That New Zealand takeaway would generally have much better ingredients but may not be genuine thai because it's not Thailand. Much of the sugary and salty muck they serve in Thailand isn't so genuine either.

A factor on my holidays in Thailand is price of accommodation as hotels are better bang for your buck.

If weight is a factor, fat women in Australia aren't that common by what I see, and Thai women are probably moving up the charts in terms of weight bit by bit. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Beer, Wine , Crisps , Toothpaste , Chocolate , Biscuits ,Pickled Onions , Cheese , Cashew nuts , 

That's why I like living in Thailand. All the unhealthy food and drink is outside my budget. I've eaten or drank every one of those things this year but not very often.

Edited by ozimoron

2 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I would rather be a tradesman in New Zealand or Australia on a safe work site earning excellent dollars but paying a bit more for a takeaway. For a Thai tradesman beer and food is a much bigger chunk of your wage.

That New Zealand takeaway would generally have much better ingredients but may not be genuine thai because it's not Thailand. Much of the sugary and salty muck they serve in Thailand isn't so genuine either.

A factor on my holidays in Thailand is price of accommodation as hotels are better bang for your buck.

If weight is a factor, fat women in Australia aren't that common by what I see, and Thai women are probably moving up the charts in terms of weight bit by bit. 

That should be "I would rather be a tradesman in Australia".

4 hours ago, gomangosteen said:

LOL. I suppose some might, but I'd never have paid for a fat one anyway. I was never that desperate.

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Beer, Wine , Crisps , Toothpaste , Chocolate , Biscuits ,Pickled Onions , Cheese , Cashew nuts , 

79 baht large beer in beer garden in isaan

170 baht or $7 in Oz for small beer

I give u wine though its a rip of in thailand, too hot for wine though

Icecreams are cheaper in thailand

Thai 7/11 sell cheap beer by 1

Oz 7 /11 no beer

Oz bottleshops only cheap by 24, most close by 9pm

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It used to be cheap, which is why I went there.

Still is. Some people just stay in farang ghettos.

79 baht for large beer in beer garden with live music is cheap

I bet nz beers are $7 or more small

500 baht large aircon room

I dont drink wine, its only good in cold weather

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Tourists don't need to drink wine, eat crisps, chocolate, Biscuits, Pickled Onions, Cheese or Cashews nuts.

If you are an expat and can't afford food you like; should you be living in LOS?

• Like 2

On 8/25/2022 at 10:49 AM, greenmonkey said:

I live in Thailand and had been seriously considering a move back to the UK mostly for my son's education and for a better family life (grandparents, lots of uncles, aunts, cousins). But now am unsure as I understand that the average energy bill in the UK will rise to aprox 500 GBP per month!!! Add to that the impending interest rate rises and rising food prices I honestly don't think I can afford to move back. Crazy times!

Yep - Broken Britain and its not  just the  Energy  bills. The ferocious  violence  is so bad its an epidemic and have you read  about all the human  faeces being poured into rivers, lakes and the  sea,? Its vile.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Maybe last century. Not so now.

Oh, the crime reporting certainly is like ground hog day- another day another shooting, another ram raid by teenagers.

Yeah but taboo to discuss on this forum. Good news only on home country forums so nothing to read there. LOL

Edited by The Hammer2021
  • Thanks 1