Who shop at Lotus's?

ExpatOilWorker

I recently visited two different Lotus's supermarkets and both were virtually void of customers. This is in stark contrast to my local Big C which is always busy.

Who shops at Lotus's and what do you buy there?

I did spot some good offers, mainly tissue paper, but even Central offer similar prices from time to time.

Me, me, me!!

But really only because it's nearer than the others.

There are a few things that Makro don't carry and I get beer there coz I visit Makro at 6AM and they're not selling then.

So I get, beer, Breeze (and Comfort), dog treats (the barkers have got a taste for the expensive Japanese "Dogaholic" ones), bathroom and kitchen paper and anything that was out of stock at Makro.

Usually reasonably busy at 11AM on Saturday.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Crossy said:

There are a few things that Makro don't carry

Exactly. The best path for us is Makro first and then what you don't find there look at Lotus.

Unfortunately I will have to do the 200 or 240 km roundtrip to Khon Kaen or Udon (better) to get the real goodies (once a month or so).

• Like 2

No, but only from habit. Shop at Big C Extra which used to be Carrefour, there and at Tops. Stuff I can't find in Hat Yai, like Yorkshire Tea, I order from Food Variety on Lazada. Things like sausages and the occasional  steaks  I order through Passion Delivery. 

• Like 1

On 8/25/2022 at 3:21 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Exactly. The best path for us is Makro first and then what you don't find there look at Lotus.

Unfortunately I will have to do the 200 or 240 km roundtrip to Khon Kaen or Udon (better) to get the real goodies (once a month or so).

Straight to villa UD town? Lol

Since Covid many have used home ordering rather than visiting (which was already on decline due internet) so many stores have seen less foot traffic (true everywhere in the world).  And we have used since it was started many years ago.  But since change in ownership/software have given up and only use Tops now.  

• Like 1

one of my friends had some serious issues with lotus. not 1 but i think 3-4 times.

he bought something and went to the cashier to pay, then he realized they charge him more than the price tag. So, he mentioned the situation and the cashier was like ohh sorry they forgot to change the price. My friend is really good at law and he know all. So, he asked for the manager. in this case actually the customer MUST pay the price on the price tag with no arguments. So the manager accepted easily and he paid the same as price tag. he also demanded some money because of some reasons, they told him to take this matter to higher position and will let him know. Few days later the exact same thing happened at the same place! and same situation.. and yes i know impossible and 3rd time another day!! in 3rd time he refused to leave the louts and asked for a immediate solution.  And he got some backup from thai consumers there too. because they had the same issue. Well at the end lotus gave him 10.000 baht gift card and asked him to close the case. he got the gift card and lotus seriously checked the price tags and replace them. 

what happened to me is, i found out dated products at MaxValue. well i didnt do anything but warned the stuff. They all suddenly gather around me and tried to stop me taking pictures or talking with other people WHICH i was not going to do because i was in a hurry. but it was a scene how they panicked! 

Edited by problemfarang
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, phetphet said:

but less  and less once Tesco sold it and  those goods gradually disappeared. What was left was sold off cheap as the expiry dates passed.

So I am not alone with this observation. Obviously a big cleanup.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I shop in this order

1. Makro

2. Big C

3. Tops

There's nothing offered in Tesco that I cannot find elsewhere at a cheaper price

I don't go to Makro. It's just too far away. Go to Big C once a week.

Used to go to the supermarket in the Ban Dung bus station, until I discovered the most outrageous rip off (well documented in Thai Visa archives). Don't go in there now because of that. But do use the ATM outside.

That's it with the supermarkets. Seven eleven if daughter wants a cheeseburger or something, and we are passing. But even 7/11 leaves a sour taste in my mouth due to a altercation with a manager in West London. Serious stuff; the local MP got involved.

• Confused 1