Who shop at Lotus's?

ExpatOilWorker

Only go there usually if we have gone to that complex for something else [ pizza place kfc swenson etc) and its convenient to pop jn there for the odd item. No way would we go justfor them.

As others, its Makro then/or Big C.

The big three, Tesco, Makro and BigC, all have their ups and downside in my area, which I won't go into here, but out of the three one can generally get what ever you want, plus there are 2 Tesco locals near me, they are incredibly handy for a lot of stuff I want that are just up the road....????

6 hours ago, owl sees all said:

For me going shopping is a major experience. But in saying that, certain criteria have to be met for me to actually enjoy the visit.

A couple of years ago I was unfortunate enough to pick up a cart that was determined to not go where I pushed it. I complained to one of the workers and she simply laughed. That was Ban Dung Tesco. I didn't go back there for over 12 months. But that was 7 years ago. Now that same store is a 'Lotus', and more importantly, has a nice 20 baht shop outside. I like the bargains at the 20 baht shop. Earphones 20 baht; Set of 12 batteries 20 baht; selection of screwdrivers and spanners, again all 20 baht.

Now when I go to Big C, I rush off to the pet food section. If tinned cat food is on a special I usually buy 10 tins. If it's the usual price of 36 baht I buy 4 or 5. The cheapest cat food in Lotus is 40 baht.

A few years ago there was a check-out girl in Tesco that was - shall we say - well endowed.   Very efficient she was. Her till was always popular. But she left and I don't go in there anymore. But not because she is not there.

Wow. Most people would just get a different cart.

• Like 1

Many thanks for protecting me against the defamation law, but still, as this forum is intended for sharing the personal experiences, opinions and anecdotes, I will share mine opinion:

Big C, Makro and Tops are an order of magnitude better than the [other brand supermarket]

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Almost the same thing.  Unfortunate both are 180 kilometers round trip so I'm stuck with Lotus Express.  It's okay.  Pork, chicken, egg's.

Most have been remodeled so it's a more modern experience.

Thinking back even 15 years ago its huge difference than the Thai "Supermarkets" back then.  It was difficult to get fresh milk or bacon.  Forget cheese or other products you no longer think twice about.

Still no Sour Cream.

Issan, Sakon Nakhon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, starky said:

Wow. Most people would just get a different cart.

Why not? A good idea Starky. That was my thinking too.

When it was empty it pushed OK. As it gradually got loaded up it possessed a mind of it's own. I did think of getting another and transferring the water and cat food over; but muscled through. Not one of my top 10 pleasurable shopping experiences. Big C was built - just across the road - about 3 years later, and it has two gold shops and 8 telephone outlets.

On 8/30/2022 at 5:33 PM, Stocky said:

No, but only from habit. Shop at Big C Extra which used to be Carrefour, there and at Tops. Stuff I can't find in Hat Yai, like Yorkshire Tea, I order from Food Variety on Lazada. Things like sausages and the occasional  steaks  I order through Passion Delivery. 

Plenty of Yorkshire tea at:

https://www.britishcornershop.co.uk/#sqr:(q[yorkshir tea],sf188014[In Stock])

On 8/25/2022 at 2:22 PM, KhunLA said:

Lotus worse of the chains.  Shop almost exclusively at Makro (only chain alternative).  Unless up at Hua Hin, then we'll pop into Gourmet Markets @ Bluport.  Always something on sale, or a nice steak at 'U Hunt/We Cook'.

Fruits & veggies at local fresh market, about 50/50 w/Makro, since FM not having.

Found a small Villa market attached to the side of Index Living Mall in Hua Hin this past Saturday which I never knew existed in Hua Hin.  I had always gone to the other one which is in town when up in HH.  If I can not source my items at Makro I will always go spend the coin at Villa.  We do the same for the condo in Sathorn.