Cardless ATM at Siam Commercial Bank

2 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

Only just found out that if you go from WiFi to mobile data connection (only) the regular backups stop. Well they did on my iPhone 8 Plus anyway!

It depends on your settings.

In your app store settings you can select updates over wifi only, any network or never

And in fact it doesn't matter if it was up to date or not, if it was installed it will be reinstalled

Edited by peterfranks
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, peterfranks said:

It depends on your settings.

In your app store settings you can select updates over wifi only, any network or never

And in fact it doesn't matter if it was up to date or not, if it was installed it will be reinstalled

Many thanks. All helpful info much appreciated!

On 8/25/2022 at 10:37 PM, noserious said:

I like cardless withdrawal because I don't need to pay the yearly ATM card fee (200 baht?) at Kasikorn Bank.

I was wondering what's the benefit of keeping a 200THB/yr debit card if we can use card-less? Would a card only be of use when traveling overseas?

Also last time I tried card-less ATM in another Thai province to my bank, there was no inter-provincial extra charge like I used to get with the card.

35 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

I was wondering what's the benefit of keeping a 200THB/yr debit card if we can use card-less? Would a card only be of use when traveling overseas?

Also last time I tried card-less ATM in another Thai province to my bank, there was no inter-provincial extra charge like I used to get with the card.

Paying for things over the internet they ask for the CVV number upon the reverse of the card.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, orchidfan said:

The 2 times I left my card in the ATM...Once a nice young lady ran after me im the the open fresh market market and returned it to me (she didn't have to do that but did)  

Second time the BB just replaced it in about 10 minutes.

Most bank staff I've found know what "lost my card" in English means 

Finally. I gave up using my Oz ATM card because of the B220 ATM fee here  and this combined with the $Aud5 fee plus 3% charge at the Oz bank.end.

All up around over 30Aud in fees.

Now only use Wise transfers directly to my BB account. Takes 2 minutes and they charge around 5 or 6 AUD total.

Try that. ????

I’ve had that happen to me a couple of times. Thai people were good enough to catch me before I left the premises and give my card back to me. In several other incidents, when I reported the card retained by the ATM machine and even gave them the machine number, the banking staff told me I would have to contact my bank in America. I was using my debit card from the USA, so they were remarkably unhelpful. If the ATM is not physically attached to the bank, they will do anything to keep from being helpful.

• Sad 2

15 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

Paying for things over the internet they ask for the CVV number upon the reverse of the card.

Thanks I just noticed that! I think my old ATM card didn't have this and I was using KBank online virtual debit card, but they seem to have stopped virtual cards, mine runs out next month and no option to make a new one so I guess the new form ATM card fills this gap but costs 200THB/yr?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

Not tried this but when paying on internet, don't they also ask for name on card besides card number and CVV? The KBank ATM card does not have my name on it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Digitalbanana said:

Not tried this but when paying on internet, don't they also ask for name on card besides card number and CVV? The KBank ATM card does not have my name on it?

Yes, name on card is requested. I don't have KBank but very recently I opened a Chase (U.K.) current and savings account. Their Mastercard debit card has my name upon the front but no numbers (apart from telephone numbers). To view your sort code and account number you have to use their mobile APP. 

• 11 months later...
On 8/29/2022 at 11:39 AM, Digitalbanana said:

Neither does my BKK card, but I still put in my name and it works.