No TM6 - Register address

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, Why do you need register your address upon arrival 

...agreed. The Boarding Pass is your personal document issued by the Airline which has all your personal data encrypted. If you have some issue late with Lost Luggage etc you will need the BP. I would at least snap it on your phone if they make an issue. I'd be hanging onto it.

7 minutes ago, rohitsuk said:

For TM30 registration without which Immigration will not give me a visa extension, unless that has also changed.

Correct. 

Immigration may require you to provide TM30 to apply for extension.

What is your accommodation situation. 

A hotel/condo should make a TM30 and you can ask for screenshot of that report. 

You won't require the TM6 for the TM30 as it has been suspended. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, thainet said:

You write it on your boarding pass. Whether they record it is unknown.

But it is their concern, not ours, if TM6 temporarily scrapped.

You scoff at my post, but when I came into SUV at the end of July this is what the IO told me to do. Also in other threads, posters had mentioned the same for July arrivals. This IO practice may have been discontinued in August, but maybe other posters have had the same experience.

2 hours ago, rohitsuk said:

For TM30 registration without which Immigration will not give me a visa extension, unless that has also changed.

If you had the same address before you left Thailand, we do not need to register TM30  again when we reenter Thailand.

That's what some forummers said and also what I think immigration told me when I asked but you never know until an extension is made. 

Edited by EricTh

18 minutes ago, Thalueng said:

In Hua Hin you are required to submit  TM30 after having returned to Thailand. This replaces the TM6. Not doing this will be treated the same as if you forgot the 90 days reporting on time.

This replaces the TM6

This is not correct.

in the past, the TM6 and the TM30 were both required.

The TM6 has now been discontinued but the TM30 is still required, it is not a replacement for the TM6.

Just to be factual to avoid misleading information by others the TM6 has not been scraped.   It has been suspended. For how long we don't know as the government as yet has made no further announcement. There was a suggestion that perhaps in the future it may be cancelled if/or the relevant information can be obtained elsewhere but as yet it is only a suspension.

https://www.thailandelitevisas.com/news-events-post/tm6-form-suspended/

https://www.legal.co.th/resources/visa-immigration-law/thailand-immigration-law/are-there-unintended-consequences-suspending-thai-tm-6-cards/

47 minutes ago, Excel said:

Just to be factual to avoid misleading information by others the TM6 has not been scraped.   It has been suspended.

You are quite right but just to be factual, you should point out the misleading information you are referring to.

There is a fine line between the term "suspended" and "temporarily scrapped".

The words the Immigration officer used were "not required anymore", we can only live in the hope that was an accurate statement.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sandyf said:

You are quite right but just to be factual, you should point out the misleading information you are referring to.

There is a fine line between the term "suspended" and "temporarily scrapped".

The words the Immigration officer used were "not required anymore", we can only live in the hope that was an accurate statement.

Well maybe but I could never see the problem with them, over the years been to several countries where they are required or similar and never a hassle to fill in.  Now should they consider scrapping the 90 day reporting then that would be a different matter altogether.

13 hours ago, rohitsuk said:

Your hotel or landlord shall normally register you on a TM30 within 24 hours from arrival at their place.

As  a veteran of many TM6's at BKK, I often wondered what the point was.  Question of address was pointless as I often put down any hotel in BKK that I fancied, or gave my corect up country address.  Never any comment from I/O

When entering last week, using boarding card only, no asked for any address.

Dutifully did my TM30 with wife the next day, and no comment about lack of TM6 in passport.  

Could it be that Immigration is modernizing?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Robin said:

Dutifully did my TM30 with wife the next day, and no comment about lack of TM6 in passport.

Why the TM30.

You mention wife.

If returning to place of residence the TM30 would not be required 

Edit: I see you entered visa exempt...then yes TM30 required if you need to have anything to do with immigration 

Edited by DrJack54

Dr. Jack,

Point taken, but rather be safe than sorry.  Also wife wanted to visit Lotus, on the wayto Immigration, and I anted to ask I/O about changing from 30day to Non Im.

I was slightly surprised that no mention of keeping boarding pass was made on the flight.  What happens to those who have lost their boarding pass

Information on boarding pass and waht was required for TM6, seems very different.  Can't understand the logic of this.

5 minutes ago, Robin said:

Information on boarding pass and waht was required for TM6, seems very different.  Can't understand the logic of this.

I read another post of yours about this.

The boarding pass has always been requested by immigration at airport. 

The fact that many travellers often do not have this to show immigration is just overlooked by the io.

Since the suspension of the arrival card, the TM6 is not required to be presented for such things as 90 reports etc.

Immigration offices would not be interested in a boarding pass in any way.