Enoch Powell, he wasnt wrong in his forecast !

CharlieH

14 minutes ago, proton said:

Leicester has totally different areas for Hindus and muslims living in Leicester, and they generally hate each other, so much for diversity and integration. While the Hindus have been an asset to the city the muslims have been endlessly divisive, intolerant and backward and a huge drain on society. Of course they always paint themselves as the victims, as in this case claiming one of them was abused over a cricket match. They just cannot live peacefully, even among other Asians.

https://thedailyguardian.com/pakistan-origin-youths-target-hindu-areas-in-leicester/

There was a video on twitter, police were in between the gangs, police had their batons drawn.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, transam said:

Another bloke who had foreign roots, nobody can deny the blood on UK streets from him, I hear the bloke is being moved to a soft prison to be brainwashed to be nice, at a cost of 250,000 pounds per year...????

Woolwich-Attack.jpg

He did get transferred to a psychiatric hospital and he's likely to never be released from jail 

It's STILL going on in Leicester. Now they're "protesting against the disorder". They do this by trying to break through the Police barrier! These public disturbances have been going on for three weeks, supposedly over a cricket match that happened in a foreign country. These people have no respect for the country they live in, or the rights of the majority who live there. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leicestershire-62946146

15 hours ago, Martin71 said:
16 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

I see the guy who was arrested for pulling off the cover on the queen was a narmal brit  guy  name ? 

Muhammad Khan .

And the bloke who sexually assaulted two women in the queue to see the queen was called Adio Adeshine.

And the bloke who stabbed two coppers in Leicester Square was called Mohammed Rahman.

And the bloke who's overly obsessed with British citizen's names of an ethnic origin is called bert bloggs [insert yawn emoji here]

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, transam said:

Perhaps off-topic, but to me, it shows how very different folk are from around the world that may enter the UK, Enoch knew that.

A very sad event here, in 2022..... 

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/iranian-woman-dies-beating-morality-202400962.html

Yes, off topic. Powell never opined on Iran’s “morality police”.

Foreigners are different so how come Powell is lauded by some for knowing what pretty much everyone else knows already?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MrMuddle said:

Definitely has been blood on the streets, which would have been much worse, if the Police hadn't intervened.
This has been going on since the 28th August, over a cricket match between Pakistan and India.
They should check the immigration status of this lot, and send back any that aren't fully documented with the right to be permanently in the UK. 
Absolutely no respect for the mourning the real citizens of the country are undergoing at this time, disgraceful behaviour, but not unexpected, given the perpetrators.
Laughable comments from an MP who was convicted of harassing a woman who had an affair with her boyfriend, and refuses to give up her job! Hardly the example for a peaceful solution.
So Enoch Powell was right, the evidence is there for all to see.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leicestershire-62943952

Yes, but it's not white blood is it?

Not at all sure what the MP's private life made public is entirely on this 'Powell-mania' thread but maybe you've inappropriately  borrowed one of the other guy's broad brushes there. Bit of lurch from someone's sexual harassment to someone else's rivers of blood, no?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Yes, off topic. Powell never opined on Iran’s “morality police”.

Foreigners are different so how come Powell is lauded by some for knowing what pretty much everyone else knows already?

You miss the point, but that's OK....Crack-on....????

On 9/2/2022 at 12:50 AM, ozimoron said:

If you're implying that the only reason they need the immigrant staff is because of more immigrants then no. That argument is mathematically improbable.

Economies in general require a pyramid structure in order to remain viable and provide a healthy tax base. This requires an ever larger population growth, a kind of ponzi scheme if you will but not one our economies are equipped to do without. Like many countries, the UK has not seen the birth rate required to bring this about, at least 2.3 children per couple. Australia is in the same boat and can't survive without immigration. Furthermore, the population is aging and requires more health resources than ever before.

Sounds like a Ponzi scheme alright - doomed to failure.

On 9/2/2022 at 11:33 AM, ozimoron said:

Just in case there's any doubt, they never abolished slavery in the UK until 1833. Modern racism is an artifact of the past. All countries are afflicted by it. None are inherently worse than another and the problem is way more prevalent than most people believe.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jul/12/british-history-slavery-buried-scale-revealed

Yes 1833, after which the Royal Navy lost over 2000 sailors through years of trying to get the rest to stop too.  Some countries were and are much worse than other slavers, even up to today. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 9/2/2022 at 2:48 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

Surely that’s a matter of Government not allocating resources in accordance with population?

They are after all collecting more taxes on the increased economic activity.

Or is it a matter of the Government failing on multiple fronts so let’s start blaming immigrants?

Afterall, they’ve been in power for twelve years and, despite lots of promises and a great deal of noise, haven’t sorted this out yet.

Twelve years? Oh I see. 

32 minutes ago, nauseus said:

No, not long, right from page 1 the word racist was first used by some character called Chomper, I think.

You are confused, identifying Enoch Powell as ‘a racist, admired by racists’ is a statement of fact. 

It is not a ‘racist’ statement.

…..

To my earlier observation that it is surprising how many rightwing nationalists have gaping holes in their knowledge of their own national history, I now feel I should add ‘and their own language’.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

On 9/2/2022 at 3:35 PM, transam said:

You are dodging questions, plain and simple......????

He doesn't understand the use of the word racist in a complex situation back those days. 

As we know Powell didn't consider himself racist he was just being patriotic all those many years ago IMHO. 

I remember the days I laughed when some people wanted the blackball in snooker called the mauveball.

I think blackboards in schools are called chalk boards.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You are confused, identifying Enoch Powell as ‘a racist, admired by racists’ is a statement of fact. 

It is not a ‘racist’ statement.

…..

To my earlier observation that it is surprising how many rightwing nationalists have gaping holes in their knowledge of their own national history, I now feel I should add ‘and their own language’.

You did it again!

• Thumbs Up 1