Enoch Powell, he wasnt wrong in his forecast !

CharlieH

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Go back to the top of the thread, you’ll find the topic under discussion clearly displayed.

I’ve also explained earlier how the Racist Powell was making his remarks at a time when the substantial immigration of the time was from the Caribbean and that many of those immigrants were invited to the UK to work in the NHS.

There is a thread open on cross channel migration, you’re xenophobia is on sufficient display there.

You failed to answer my question again in a response to the NHS collapse YOU started...

But I am not surprised.....????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

So he was basically a raciest bigot.

So what if other nationalities or races live in the UK or another country?

The white British people sure spread out and colonised other countries and they imposed their culture and religion on them more than any Muslims or Jews or anything else has done in the UK.  

The crime and no go areas are due to the British government and poverty, inequality and racist / religious intolerance and prejudices...not people colour.  

Funny how some white British people are so against other races living in the UK but they themselves are either living here in Thailand as an immigrant or married to an Asian woman and bringing her into the UK....

yes to work ,not jump off a boat and get everything for nothing ,you must earn 18600 pounds a year and have a place to live to bring your THAI wife to Britain ,i know i did it ,we are now back in Thailand.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

So he was basically a raciest bigot.

People nowadays will jump on the racist card straight if Powell lived now, back in his time it was very different.

Growing up in England north of London in the 50's I first noticed as a young lad prejudice on bothering sides of white and black population, the racism word came a lot later in my experience. 

19 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

You missed the point.  Enoch Powell was against all immigrants of colour or different races.  He would have been against your Thai wife...and if it was in his power to do so, would not have allowed her to live in the UK no matter how much money you paid to get her in.

Agree UK should run the country as Thailand does. 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Not as a patient no, but I spent a great deal of time this summer on daily visits to someone in hospitals, more than one because they moved twice to different NHS hospitals.

So tell me, what did I miss?

All the immigrants being treated at the UK tax payers expense.

• Confused 1

A current case to reflect on in relation to his politics is Poland. It's controlled by a very right wing, very white nationalist, anti-immigrant xenophobic government yet they've been remarkably welcoming to overwhelmingly white, similar culture Ukrainians. Not that that's a bad thing as they deserve to have hosts as refugees, but the racial overtones of the hypocrisy are unavoidable and very ugly. In the UK among the xenophobes the message is always REAL Brits are white. I guess you could make a case of some kind that it's good to try to keep white countries very white (as Australia did for so long) but you can't credibly be dishonest about it to claim such arguments aren't at the root very racist. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

A current case to reflect on in relation to his politics is Poland. It's controlled by a very right wing, very white nationalist, anti-immigrant xenophobic government yet they've been remarkably welcoming to overwhelmingly white, similar culture Ukrainians. Not that that's a bad thing as they deserve to have hosts as refugees, but the racial overtones of the hypocrisy are unavoidable and very ugly. In the UK among the xenophobes the message is always REAL Brits are white. I guess you could make a case of some kind that it's good to try to keep white countries very white (as Australia did for so long) but you can't credibly be dishonest about it to claim such arguments aren't at the root very racist. 

With respect I think you should read up on culture. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, Jingthing said:

Says an American with the worst people segregation on the planet in history. A racist country......????

Eateries, transport, even the military, so don't tell us Brits about what our country does, we have never, to my knowledge, done the above.... 

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

In many respect the current Government is trying to do just that.

What's wrong with that, try turning up on the Thai coast in a rubber boat and ask to be kept in a hotel while being processed. 

People doing that via criminal gangs puts people applying by the proper channels at the back of the queue.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

What's wrong with that, try turning up on the Thai coast in a rubber boat and ask to be kept in a hotel while being processed. 

People doing that via criminal gangs puts people applying by the proper channels at the back of the queue.

CH wants all to be taken in, yet complains about government funding them, NHS queues, really funny hypocritical stuff...????

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

He has a perfect right to comment on any post or any subject on this board, same as you. If you had standards about who posts where you wouldn't have made this post. Stop attacking other board members. He probably knows as much about your country as you do.

The UK never had cafes, toilets or transport for whites only...????

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, transam said:

Says an American with the worst people segregation on the planet in history. A racist country......????

Eateries, transport, even the military, so don't tell us Brits about what our country does, we have never, to my knowledge, done the above.... 

So you imagine I'm defending the racial history in the U.S.? Bizarre attack. All you've got are ad hominem attacks. Just stop it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

so? Does that mean it's less racist?

Many countries brought in foreign folk, the slave trade, but the USA kept them in their place till not so long ago, in the UK foreign folk never suffered that.

Are you American....?

Just now, Jingthing said:

So you imagine I'm defending the racial history in the U.S.? Bizarre attack. All you've got are ad hominem attacks. Just stop it. 

No attack, just pointing out the subject of this thread was a chap talking, nothing else, just talking.

You are having a pop at a chap talking, yet your "country" did way worse than talking.

Just pointing the fact out....????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

No attack, just pointing out the subject of this thread was a chap talking, nothing else, just talking.

You are having a pop at a chap talking, yet your "country" did way worse than talking.

Just pointing the fact out....????

Bull. You're trying to shut me up because I'm American. If you liked my views, you wouldn't do that. 

Again, JUST STOP. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, transam said:

CH wants all to be taken in, yet complains about government funding them, NHS queues, really funny hypocritical stuff...????

Present a post where I have stated I want all taken in?

Or admit you are making stuff up.

I suggest you direct your ire at those that made false promises and raised false expectations and leave those of us who told you at the time you were being lied to alone.

• Like 1

Just now, transam said:

Yes, they never suffered blatant segregation in the UK, the USA has had until recent times..

Just in case there's any doubt, they never abolished slavery in the UK until 1833. Modern racism is an artifact of the past. All countries are afflicted by it. None are inherently worse than another and the problem is way more prevalent than most people believe.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jul/12/british-history-slavery-buried-scale-revealed

• Like 1