Enoch Powell, he wasnt wrong in his forecast !

CharlieH

8 minutes ago, proton said:

No you did not you merely claimed discussion of negros and immigration made him a 'racist'. When he was in Egypt he left a restaurant in protest when they would not serve a native he was with when they had a white only policy. Some racist!

Oh! Redemption!! How sweet!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

Easier to offer him a mirror maybe?

Or his wife, mine is Asian, perhaps his is too....Yet, the racist word is banded about as a tool to prove absolutely nothing by the same people, time and time again........????

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, proton said:

No you did not you merely claimed discussion of negros and immigration made him a 'racist'. When he was in Egypt he left a restaurant in protest when they would not serve a native he was with when they had a white only policy. Some racist!

Where did I state Powell’s discussion of negros and immigration made him a racist?

Please provide a direct quote of me stating that, or retract your assertion as unfounded.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Powell defined racism as negro vs non-negro. That completely exposes his racist agenda right there.

He was speaking in the 1950s/60's when at the time, there was a noticeable difference between the different races as racial integration o a World scale  hadn't yet began 

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

There are things that are in the purview of Government, collecting taxes and allocating public spending budgets are two such things.

Rob the pensioners to feed your illegal immigrants, for instance, or the NHS, which you already trash the gov for lack of funding, none of your financial stuff adds up, just crystal ball stuff...... ...????

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Rob the pensioners to feed your illegal immigrants, for instance, or the NHS, which you already trash the gov for lack of funding, none of your financial stuff adds up, just crystal ball stuff...... ...????

‘My illegal immigrants’.

Can you please try to keep your ‘contributions’ to this discussion rational.

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m not sure how you know what I have read, let alone what is my ‘own country’, even if that were relevant, which it is not.

But I do suggest you read a bit about racists and SE Asian women.

Weeeell, I have been around Asian women for many years now, plus I am also not a racist, so you are barking up the wrong tree from your soup kitchen in the UK....:stoner:

Back on topic, what thoughts. of Brigadier Enoch Powell MBE, were actually put into UK immigration law....?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, transam said:

Or his wife, mine is Asian, perhaps his is too....Yet, the racist word is banded about as a tool to prove absolutely nothing by the same people, time and time again........????

Are you one of those people who feel compelled to say, "Some of my best friends are [insert race here]?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

He was speaking in the 1950s/60's when at the time, there was a noticeable difference between the different races as racial integration o a World scale  hadn't yet began 

Oh rubbish. Australia had the White Australian Policy in full swing by then. Racism then was as it now.

• Like 1

Just now, transam said:

Weeeell, I have been around Asian women for many years now, plus I am also not a racist, so you are barking up the wrong tree from your soup kitchen in the UK....:stoner:

Back on topic, what thoughts. of Brigadier Enoch Powell MBE, were actually put into UK immigration law....?

I never once called you a racist, never even suggested such a thing.

The topic is not which of Powell’s racist views were put into UK Immigration Law.

That’s another of your strawman distractions.

Feel free to re-read the OP for hints.

19 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Ah. So even back then, he was a bit of a dinosaur already?

He'd be among friends on this thread.

Thanks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You seem to have missed my point 

The definition of racism and people's perception of what it was has not changed. What's changed is that more people thought racism was normal back then due to ignorance, lack of travel and lack of education. The people changed, not the concept.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

Are you one of those people who feel compelled to say, "Some of my best friends are [insert race here]?

I can, if you like, Mad Mick and Winston, both in their 60's, their  parents from the West Indies, I think, came over in the 60's.

Friends for near 40 years, from the Hotrod car scene....:stoner:

Anything else......????

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I never once called you a racist, never even suggested such a thing.

The topic is not which of Powell’s racist views were put into UK Immigration Law.

That’s another of your strawman distractions.

Feel free to re-read the OP for hints.

You just can't/will not answer a very straight forward question regarding the OP subject, Brigadier Enoch Powell MBE.............????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Odd the Racist Powell never predicted better food, better music, better athletes and better everything really.

Going back to live in early 60s UK would be a nightmare.

All those women in head scarves and men smelling of Woodbines.

Nah, leave the Racist Powell where he belongs, in a long dead history.

You can't be serious? Better food, but from Indians, not Africans, better music... you're having a laugh, and better athletes....who gives a toss! Oh, I forgot; more frequent and more successful stabbings, and more drugs.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, NanLaew said:
1 hour ago, proton said:

Oh! Redemption!! How sweet!!!

On second thoughts, he took umbrage at his fellah being denied service. That was jolly white of our Enoch, eh?

• Sad 1