Much Higher Traffic Fines in Effect from Sept 5

snoop1130

Maybe they should do like Finland, there you pay traffic fines as a percentage of you previous year income. In 2015 a millionaire had to pay about 2 million Baht in fines for driving 23 km/h over the speed limit that was 80 km/h

And in 2002 a executive from Nokia payed over 4.2M Baht in speeding fine on his Harley. His penalty was based on an income of 500,000,000 Baht so he could probably afford it.

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-31709454

Hike on traffic fines delayed, but ticket prices will be consistant

Writing news in Thailand frequently means announcing something and then the next day announcing the opposite. And true to form, the new major hike in penalty fines for traffic violations announced before the weekend and scheduled to go into effect yesterday… have been retracted. But when they do go into effect, repeat offenders will be further penalised, and a new system will ensure fines are consistent across all of Thailand.

Read more here:  https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/transport/hike-on-traffic-fines-delayed-but-ticket-prices-will-be-consistant

On 9/3/2022 at 8:40 AM, vandeventer said:

The police really need to get the young scooter riders off the road. Fine the mother's and fathers until they do. I have seen them as young as 7 years old. 

Agreed 100%. No helmets as well. Poor parenting regardless of the parents level of education. The police should also outlaw and enforce more than 2 people per motorbike. I recognize that this is a a socioeconomic issue yet it pains me to see babies on motorbikes with no protection. One accident and they are dead unless there is devine intervention (aka luck). Everytime I see a family on a motorbike I admire the family closeness and get sick of envisioning the consequences of reckless behavior. The parents are irresponsible in this cartoon land. As usual all talk and no action. Life is cheap in Thailand and the value is determined solely on economics. So sad and true. Prove me wrong 

• Like 1