Abhisit Admits Having Very Slim Chance Of Becoming PM Again

webfact

image.jpeg

By Thai Newsroom Reporters

FORMER PRIME MINISTER Abhisit Vejjajiva admitted today (Sept. 3) it would be very unlikely for him to become head of government again in the foreseeable future.

Abhisit said his chances of being named premier again with supportive votes from MPs and senators would be utterly slim, compared to others though, he said, he may have readied himself for the top post of government.

The former Democrat Party leader apparently referred to Bhumjaithai Party leader/Deputy Prime Minister-cum-Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul and caretaker prime minister Prawit Wongsuwan who would be more likely to secure enough votes from the legislators to become head of government if Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha’s eight-year rule is finally judged by court to have ended since August 24.

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2022/09/04/abhisit-admits-having-very-slim-chance-of-becoming-pm-again/

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2022-09-05

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Under the current rules he could be nominated, even though not a MP, by his peers as an outsider, and appointed PM, just like my Thai daughter could be......the whole debacle this current ruling government has created has me thinking a new dynasty has been created like the Shogun way....

• Like 1

You get voted into office on the countryside but rule in the urban environment (of Bangkok). 

Abhisit, certainly qualified and has all the tools to run a country, will not make it as the grannies and uncles work on Somtam, Likae, (cash) handouts ..... the works. 

Put Anutin or Thammanat in charge and nothing happens, except possibly the statement of bank accounts of some might rise further ......... 

Thought we had moved on from the likes of Marky......guess not. 

With this present and particular political chaotic uncertainty - notice that all the washed up and wannabes are throwing their hats in the ring. 

Yet, any such truer and legitimate alternatives are never discussed nor allowed media attention. 

Old Boys Club domination, as to be expected.

During his first term I sounded out the electorate and was told by my local market fruit seller that she opposed his candidacy because he "is too handsome". The Thais really know what makes a good premier:Being ugly. Except for Abhisit, they have all been hideous, and therefore competent. ????????????????

4 hours ago, thecyclist said:

During his first term I sounded out the electorate and was told by my local market fruit seller that she opposed his candidacy because he "is too handsome". The Thais really know what makes a good premier:Being ugly. Except for Abhisit, they have all been hideous, and therefore competent. ????????????????

Well Yingluck was effective, legitimate and hot as hell. 

• Thanks 1