"Drunk" Brit pensioner, 70, reverses into Thais killing one injuring one - then damages 4 vehicles before overturning

webfact

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Witnesses said that the British man lived locally and was a habitual drunkard who would drive in the wrong lane and that local people were fed up with his behavior

So now that it's too late and people are dead & injured something is going to be done...

why didn't local police take away his license before?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

the guy is a reckless drunk driver, risking lives every time he went out so deserves everything he gets in jail which is likely to be taking some length regulalrly

Is this the gay forum?

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Harveyboy said:

another blot on the law abiding X pats that live here ..casts us as being the same as people like this in the eyes of the thais..We are not  but i can understand their feeling when they read stuff like this

There are xenophobes pretty much everywhere , I consider them morons so ignore them , works well . 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

No problem, because he's rich.

Who else but a rich person can afford to stay drunk in Thailand with the expensive beer prices. ????

I was drunk for 5 years here and certainly wasn't rich. 

A large bottle of Sang Thip whisky for 100 baht. 

3 large Chang beers for 100 baht. 

For €6 a day, much cheaper than other countries I worked in, especially Finland, where there are more drunks. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I was drunk for 5 years here and certainly wasn't rich. 

A large bottle of Sang Thip whisky for 100 baht. 

3 large Chang beers for 100 baht. 

For €6 a day, much cheaper than other countries I worked in, especially Finland, where there are more drunks. 

Was that your assignment to achieve Thainess, and become something of a sub Thai?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Alcoholism is a disease, it could happen to anyone, even youI have sympathy for sick people. 

No I don't when they endanger others with their sickness. That moment all sympathy is gone. If your an alcoholic and not driving you got my sympathy but if you drive drunk all sympathy is gone even if your "sick". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I don't agree that rape should be part of a persons punishment  and I find it a bit weird that anyone would think rape is acceptable 

I don't often agree with you but this time i do. I find it strange people always bringing it up. Its almost like they like it themselves and bring it up because of that. 

Strange people. If this guy goes to jail he wont get old that is for sure. Bad conditions and he is older. His life will be hell anyway (and so it should)

• Like 1

On 9/5/2022 at 8:19 AM, Jerno said:

Wonder why foreigners are not really welcome in Thailand?  This is why.  Jerk-wah, dipstick, idiot, ignoramus, stupid  IRRESPONSIBLE ass.

When <deleted>,99% are!

Alcoholic for 45yrs,now 7yrs Teetotal.

Live and married once in Thailand 24yrs.Ex-pat Brit and proud...it's all about "STANDARDS"

The only reason this is in the news is because a foreigner was behind the wheel. Obviously, he was at fault but let's not forget that in the eyes of the locals, foreigners are always to blame. The way they see it, the accident wouldn't have happened if the foreigner hadn't travelled to their country. 

13 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Why do you think he will go to jail, it was an accident, wasn't it? 

There is "vehicular homicide"  yet in the U.S. hardly anyone who causes a death with their automobile is charged with homicide

• Like 1

1 hour ago, edogthong said:

The only reason this is in the news is because a foreigner was behind the wheel. Obviously, he was at fault but let's not forget that in the eyes of the locals, foreigners are always to blame. The way they see it, the accident wouldn't have happened if the foreigner hadn't travelled to their country. 

Yes, the same drunk drive "accidents" happened every day, dozens. The driver and victim are thai citizens, no any front line sensation.

22 hours ago, aussienam said:

Would this Brit have done the same in the UK?  Seems many here choose to drink drive because 'everyone' does it.  But don't consider potential consequences. 

Running over people then driving off is the epitomy of being a complete lowlife.  Drunken fool.  Prison, huge fines, massive compensation claims and deportation.  

In my home county in the UK, recently, they caught more people drug-driving than drink-driving. (The road side test can test for cannabis or cocaine). The penalty's the same, a minimum 12 month driving ban.

The one difference being, in the UK, as in most Western countries, it's best not to offer a bribe to the cops to try to get off with it. (It's well known that Thailand has a weak 'rule of law').

Edited by Andrew65
  • Like 2

On 9/5/2022 at 8:19 AM, Jerno said:

Wonder why foreigners are not really welcome in Thailand?  This is why.  Jerk-wah, dipstick, idiot, ignoramus, stupid  IRRESPONSIBLE ass.

And for every one of him, there's probably 100,000 locals just like him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, edogthong said:

What nonsense.  Why do people still persist in believing that?

Edited by brewsterbudgen
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Well, obviously my comments wouldn’t cover every foreigner in Thailand.

Its clear some of you are incapable of developing mutually respectful relationships here which is quite understandable given some of the comments. 

Its also quite clear many have, but those who haven't refuse to recognise this and project the same ATM rhetoric you did above. The same characters post things such as ’the faring is always at fault’ etc...   You are of course correct in this instance (thread topic), however ‘always at fault’ is not correct.

.... to those you have associate with. Don’t project your poor judgement in friends on others !! 

Not my friends. If you don’t realise the only benefit you are to the Thai people, then Good luck to you.

And I suppose you thought it was your personality ????????

Edited by Reigntax
  • Sad 1