BREAKING NEWS ! Liz Truss WINS !

CharlieH

3 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Divisions and acrimony continue to be exposed... I think we are all going be hearing truss' response to his question though,

''I can't answer that''

"Cornelius-Mercer tweeted: “He asked her ‘why would you do this, who is going to be better at this role than me, which of your mates gets the job, you promised a meritocracy?’

“PM – I can’t answer that Johnny.

“This system stinks & treats people appallingly. Best person I know sacked by an imbecile @trussliz.”

https://www.theguardian.com/global/2022/sep/06/sacked-ministers-wife-calls-liz-truss-an-imbecile-in-twitter-outburst

A typical case of a media publication giving its readers the non news they want to read .

Truss takes over a new job and brings in her new staff and removes people previously who held the job .

Lets hear the opinion of the partner of the person who got removed .

It would be like a reporter going to report on a F.A Cup final and instead of reporting on the game , interviewing the Wife of one of the players on the losing team and asking her about the referees decisions and how she felf about her Husband losing .

Kind of "journalism" you would expect from a tabloid

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

And this is what happens when you elect a woman as PM....   

image.png.b91e4a32194ab1c55551278fe3c67083.png

source https://www.yahoo.com/news/liz-truss-forms-most-diverse-210618492.html

UK made their bed   '   

Rather misleading , because they are referring to the three other jobs , rather than the whole cabinet .

Three other jobs were given to three non fully White men 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

A typical case of a media publication giving its readers the non news they want to read .

Truss takes over a new job and brings in her new staff and removes people previously who held the job .

Lets hear the opinion of the partner of the person who got removed .

It would be like a reporter going to report on a F.A Cup final and instead of reporting on the game , interviewing the Wife of one of the players on the losing team and asking her about the referees decisions and how she felf about her Husband losing .

Kind of "journalism" you would expect from a tabloid

Yeah, how dare the guardian post news you don’t want to hear..,

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Yeah, how dare the guardian post news you don’t want to hear..,

Post it if they want, I am just pointing out they are writing biased stories about what people want to read , rather than actual impartial news stories  .

"Lets hear the views of the Wife of the man who lost his job about the job changes"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Post it if they want, I am just pointing out they are writing biased stories about what people want to read , rather than actual impartial news stories  .

"Lets hear the views of the Wife of the man who lost his job about the job changes"

They are reporting facts. 

Deal with it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, steven100 said:

And this is what happens when you elect a woman as PM....   

image.png.b91e4a32194ab1c55551278fe3c67083.png

source https://www.yahoo.com/news/liz-truss-forms-most-diverse-210618492.html

UK made their bed   '   

Me being a non-racist, I would suggest Liz is giving jobs to those she knows will tackle the job.

I was happy though, that Rishi has been sent to Coventry....????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

They are marginalised facts you want to read about and you read the Guardian specifically to read those kinds of facts 

Nope. They are news stories reported because they have relevance. You just don’t want to see that. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

Nope. They are news stories reported because they have relevance. You just don’t want to see that. 

Why not tell the whole story and ask the opinion of the Wife of the person who got appointed to the new job ?

You read stories about what you want to read and opinions you agree with , that's why people are so narrow minded these days 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Why not tell the whole story and ask the opinion of the Wife of the person who got appointed to the new job ?

You read stories about what you want to read and opinions you agree with , that's why people are so narrow minded these days 

I'm sure there may well be follow ups...but the fact is the story is newsworthy on its own.

13 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I'm sure there may well be follow ups...but the fact is the story is newsworthy on its own.

OK, when the Guardian publishes a story about the opinion of the newly appointed home secretaries  Wife about his appointment in a tweet ,  do post that news report on here  

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

OK, when the Guardian publishes a story about the opinion of the newly appointed home secretaries  Wife about his appointment in a tweet ,  do post that news report on here  

Actually it was about a minister removed by truss...and her inability to explain exactly why she was removing him.

truss being unable to explain is something I see as probably being the defining attribute of her reign. 

5 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Actually it was about a minister removed by truss...and her inability to explain exactly why she was removing him.

truss being unable to explain is something I see as probably being the defining attribute of her reign. 

Saying things like " You were useless at your job and I wanted someone more competent " would have sounded rather rude 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Saying things like " You were useless at your job and I wanted someone more competent " would have sounded rather rude 

And probably inaccurate regarding her reasons [I have no trouble believing tories to be incompetent-look at who now leads the party for a start]...

Edited by Bluespunk

6 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

And probably inaccurate regarding her reasons [I have no trouble believing tories to be incompetent-look at who now leads the party for a start]...

You supported her in her campaign to become Prime minister though , you should give Her at least  a few months in office  before you withdraw your support 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You supported her in her campaign to become Prime minister though , you should give Her at least  a few months in office  before you withdraw your support 

Oh I never supported her, I just hoped the tories membership would be dumb enough to elect a leader who has the skillset to overturn her party's majority in the next election.

Edited by Bluespunk
spelling
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Probably because she is emblematic of the vacuity and veniality that lies at the heart of the Conservative Party in the UK.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Oh I never supported her, I just hoped the tories membership would be dumb enough to elect a leader who has the skillset to overturn her parties majority in the next election.

Boris had already done that , Conservatives were /are way behind in the opinion polls , the only way for her is up 

This is ending up just like Australia a few years ago ....   the revolving doors of PM's

it's because young voters haven't a clue about history and sovereign security and common sense fundamentals that have to be implemented to safeguard the country.

Australia's Morrison was steadfast on protecting Australia's sovereignty and security with the Navy and RAAF .....   

The young folks 18-30yrs don't understand the seriousness of such issues with China .... 

and as a result .....   guess what ? 

China has done a deal with the Solomon Islands to build a Chinese Naval base etc ...

The young voters will then turn around and vote the next candidate in as they don't like some of their policies. 

It's a stupid democratic system imo,   there is no stability ,  it should be minimum 5 yr term for PM's . 

The young kids and voters of today couldn't even change a flat tyre .....    I think that raises alarm bells for the future of any country.   imo

Edited by steven100
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, steven100 said:

This is ending up just like Australia a few years ago ....   the revolving doors of PM's

it's because young voters haven't a clue about history and sovereign security and common sense fundamentals that have to be implemented to safeguard the country.

Australia's Morrison was steadfast on protecting Australia's sovereignty and security with the Navy and RAAF .....   

The young folks 18-30yrs don't understand the seriousness of such issues with China .... 

and as a result .....   guess what ? 

China has done a deal with the Solomon Islands to build a Chinese Naval base etc ...

The young voters will then turn around and vote the next candidate in as they don't like some of their policies. 

It's a stupid democratic system imo,   there is no stability ,  it should be minimum 5 yr term for PM's . 

The young kids of today couldn't even change a flat tyre .....    

You are saying that Prime Ministers shouldn't be allowed to resign their position ?

They should be forced to remain as PM for five years , even if they don't want to ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You are saying that Prime Ministers shouldn't be allowed to resign their position ?

They should be forced to remain as PM for five years , even if they don't want to ?

well that's a different can of worms isn't it .... I'm just saying there is no stability in the government system because the term for PM is too short,  and secondly,  the young voters don't grasp some important issues that involve history, security, safe guarding a nation etc ....    they tend to think of today's needs like child care, food costs , rent, wages etc ... which is fine and correct ... it's just they don't relate to what can develop over time that places countries at risk through invasion ... and Australia being a prime example. 

I guess all we can do is hope that each PM that comes along implements the absolute minimum security processes and procedures that are needed to protect a country's security. 

Edited by steven100