When are you no longer eligible (age wise) to drive in Thailand?

giddyup

I've seen a one arm man get into a car and drive off and I've had a car accident with a one legged man with a prosthetic leg riding a motorcycle. What next?

Just remembered about this incident. Chief of police for Non Suwan crashing his car into a shop at about 4 am. And he done a runner so I'm told.

DSC00271.JPG

DSC00272.JPG

DSC00273.JPG

DSC00274.JPG

Edited by IvorBiggun2

1 minute ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I've seen a one arm man get into a car and drive off and I've had a car accident with a one legged man with a prosthetic leg riding a motorcycle. What next?

An accident with the Headless Horseman, after all Halloween is right around the corner....or a Dog driving the car like mine could do.

Dog Driving GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

29 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

do you use a walking stick by chance ?

Maybe it was you I watched !!

No, no walking stick, but the previous color test did present problems. The previous three times I had to do it I was lucky to have a falang next to me that whispered the colors. This time didn't have a problem.

23 hours ago, scorecard said:

With perhaps one exception, people who hold Thai lifetime licenses.

I'm 77, I asked this same question a couple of years back at the main DLT office in Bkk. They didn't have an answer, eventually the most snr. officer who had joined the discussion asked 'can you walk? YES. Do you need glasses to drive? NO.

He continued, 'then keep driving' and walked away.

Do you need glasses to drive? NO.....Well THAT Is Stupid I've worn Glasses All my life I'm 73 Years Old,& Before I Retired 7 Years Ago I'd been a Professional Driver driving Buses, Trucks & Taxis Since I Passed My U.K. Driving test at 21 & Yes I Was Wearing Glasses that day also !!

On 9/8/2022 at 5:08 PM, Mavideol said:

thanks, so green then red and hit the brake, how fast it has to be, 5-10 seconds

The reaction test is you sit and push on a gas pedal.  A light comes on and you have a short time to move your foot and step on the brake pedal on the device.  It is 1-2 seconds max.  A couple of people did poorly but eventually passed.  Actually can be hard for some people.

11 minutes ago, Seismic said:

Depth perception test is no longer used. only the colour and reaction tests now.

Where is it not used.  As I said earlier I just did my 5 year renewal in BKK last week and the depth perception test of matching up two rods in a box was part of the testing as well as the peripheral color test along with the braking test and the Traffic light colors.

10 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Where is it not used.  As I said earlier I just did my 5 year renewal in BKK last week and the depth perception test of matching up two rods in a box was part of the testing as well as the peripheral color test along with the braking test and the Traffic light colors.

Pattaya