Invitation Letter from Spouse (Type "O" Visa)

Hi

thanks for previous help

I have one final question in relation to Invitation letter from Spouse. 

I havent been able to find a sample letter. 

What details are required? I have previously done Invitation Letter to bring my wife to Australia on Tourist Visa (which were quite detailed)

Am I correct in thinking something simple, along the lines of

• length of time known
  • time married
  • want husband to come live with me in Thailand
  • address where we will be living
  • statement that husband provided financial support

Plus of course her Thai ID Card

Anything else I need to add?

Thanks for everyones help

cheers

wondra

• Like 1

for the letter, she can write that you guys are happily married and you want to come to thailand to be together and you and she would be very grateful if they give this opportunity. 

also dont forget to sign every document belongs to you. She must sign documents belongs to her.

good luck

• Like 1

When I applied in late 2020 from the UK for a 90 day Non-O based on marriage, I did not supply any letter at all. The marriage certificate, ID card copy and Tabien Baan was all that I supplied, and the visa was granted without any issue. I guess that they considered that you did not need an invitation to visit your spouse. We had been married for well over a decade, so maybe that helped.

• Like 1

Dear Thai Embassy,

Please issue to my husband a Non-Immigrant Visa.  We have been together since the beginning of 2542 (1999) and have been Married since 22 July 2547 (2004). We also have one Thai-American son who was born 09 September 2545 (2002)

He is a good man and we are financially in good shape.  We own a home in xxxx.

Thank you for your assistance.

Kind Regards,

KISS    just an example

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Autonuaq said:

i just needed the visa application

the marriage certificate if married in Thailand otherwise it needs to be legalized.

ID of both

Blue book

and all singed.

easy and strainght forward.

its up to where you are applying from. For example thai embassy in Cambodia asks for this letter, but Savanakhet doesnt want. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tuvoc said:

When I applied in late 2020 from the UK for a 90 day Non-O based on marriage, I did not supply any letter at all. The marriage certificate, ID card copy and Tabien Baan was all that I supplied, and the visa was granted without any issue. I guess that they considered that you did not need an invitation to visit your spouse. We had been married for well over a decade, so maybe that helped.

In Canada they ask for that letter also even if i married for 12 years now and she lives in Canada, I guess it's a new condition no insurance proof was asked 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, problemfarang said:

ts up to where you are applying from. For example thai embassy in Cambodia asks for this letter, but Savanakhet doesnt want.

Yes indeed, just checked the New Zealand Thai embassy site - they don't ask for it. But they do ask for your wife's signature on certain documents. No consistency!

• Like 2