Chinese electric car giant BYD plans to build a factory in Thailand

webfact

Just now, sanuk711 said:

I think BYD is just building a car plant in Thailand 2baht---maybe taking over the world comes after lunch.

After Taiwan. The deep sea military port and airbase in Cambodia will cover Thailand for the immediate future. But hey, who does'nt love a Chinese made vehicle?

4 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

I just dont see opening a plant to assemble vehicles so you get around the import tax levy is the first step to world domination.

I wonder why they did'nt just set up a car manufacturing plant closer to home on one of the islands in the South China Sea that they stole off Japan, Taiwan, Philippines, Vietnam and Malaysia, maybe too conjested for car plants because of the military bases they have developed there. 

9 minutes ago, 2baht said:

I wonder why they did'nt just set up a car manufacturing plant closer to home on one of the islands in the South China Sea that they stole off Japan, Taiwan, Philippines, Vietnam and Malaysia, maybe too conjested for car plants because of the military bases they have developed there. 

2baht-- I cant get to excited about this -I come from a country that sent thousands to war, because of an island 13,000 KLM away, is part of London. Even though on a clear day-you could see Argentina.

A piece of land closer to Spain then any disputed China claims--is actually also a part of London--So on & so forth. You Can go through list of places that we have claimed were ours--and it usually took a war for the owners to get back. --Canals that run through the middle of someone else's country --yer part of London etc.

36 minutes ago, renaissanc said:

I wouldn't buy a Chinese car because it will have a chip in it that sends information to the CCP about me.

vs the non Chinese car with the Chinese chips that don't send your info to CCP ????

• Like 1

On 9/10/2022 at 4:53 AM, webfact said:

Chinese electric car company BYD has expanded rapidly overseas, including announcements in recent months of plans to enter Thailand’s and Japan’s passenger car markets.

I'm not disputing it will give employment opportunities to Thai people, but the Chinese will start to control Thailands economy it will regret this in years to come.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I'm not disputing it will give employment opportunities to Thai people, but the Chinese will start to control Thailands economy it will regret this in years to come.

Why is it any different to Nissan, Toyota, etc, who have been make cars in Thailand for years ?

• Like 2

22 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

2baht-- I cant get to excited about this -I come from a country that sent thousands to war, because of an island 13,000 KLM away, is part of London. Even though on a clear day-you could see Argentina.

A piece of land closer to Spain then any disputed China claims--is actually also a part of London--So on & so forth. You Can go through list of places that we have claimed were ours--and it usually took a war for the owners to get back. --Canals that run through the middle of someone else's country --yer part of London etc.

What’s that got to do with the price of fish? Easy on the guilt tripping. Look at all the European powers; everyone was at it. 2baht is on point. The Chinese do this stuff for one reason and they cannot stand foreigners.  

On 9/10/2022 at 7:41 AM, Venom said:

Get ready for the blackouts. Thailand has nowhere near the capacity. They can barely keep up now. 

Diesel here is half the price or less than in U.K./Europe so electric cars ,especially their higher price ,is going to be a tougher sell.

I wouldn't get too excited by BYD. If Warren Buffet is reducing his stake and the company is hundreds of millions of USD in debt things may not be as rosy as they seem.  Have a look at this video and see the real state of electric vehicles in China.

That vid has more than a few 'mistakes in it'.

12 year losing streak for a company that's only been around since 2015.  No need to waste my time watching pass the first minute.

Shut down during C-19, and filed bankruptcy in 2020.  Seems C-19 related, not market related.

Moving on from the BS ... ????

Anti-China YT channel, fits right in with some member here ... ????

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

I wonder if those cars will be available for purchase here, or only for export. The Thai governments have never been particularly supportive of electric vehicles. Maybe things will change, and one smart guy with one progressive bone in his body will encourage alternatives to oil.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I wonder if those cars will be available for purchase here, or only for export. The Thai governments have never been particularly supportive of electric vehicles. Maybe things will change, and one smart guy with one progressive bone in his body will encourage alternatives to oil.

Thailand is spending a lot of time and legislation promoting the production and use of electric cars. They have battery electronics and other component plants already

• Thumbs Up 1

Thai government in February announced that it will provide subsidies ranging from 70,000-150,000 baht depending on the type and model of the vehicle.

https://techwireasia.com/2022/04/thailand-expand-incentives-to-further-spur-ev-adoption/#:~:text=To begin with%2C in an,and model of the vehicle.

A number of ev's the price was reduced in March by up to 150,000 baht

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1