Going to Immigration early for hopefully second stamp(Covid extension)

Stamp in Passport(under consideration)says 14th September .Can I go Monday 12th or Tuesday 13th bit earlier.This has been my only one Covid extension I have had as before was on an extension to a visa exempt.I technically lost a week when first applied for this as I went early and that week did not get added on but my Covid extension started then.

Thanks

You may or may not get the final stamp going a day or two early. It depends on whether all the paperwork from above endorsing the extension has been returned yet. It is even conceivable that you might be told you need to wait longer if you go on September 14th.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

You may or may not get the final stamp going a day or two early. It depends on whether all the paperwork from above endorsing the extension has been returned yet. It is even conceivable that you might be told you need to wait longer if you go on September 14th.

How would I be able to wait longer? September 14th is in my passport if I don’t get another longer dated stamp I am then on overstay or have to leave?

Edited by Hmunker

why do you want to go earlier?

from what I understand from other members here is when you get the under consideration stamp you're guaranteed the extension, you just have to go and get the stamp. 

I've gotten quite a few extensions and they always gave me the extensions stamp after under consideration stamp, so I don't think you'll have any issues. I always just went on the day they asked me to go on though

Edited by dj230

7 minutes ago, Hmunker said:

How would I be able to wait longer? September 14th is in my passport if I don’t get another longer dated stamp I am then on overstay or have to leave?

You would not be on overstay.

Having said that you did not mention outline any reason for not attending immigration on stamped return date.

Not a big deal. 

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

You would not be on overstay.

Having said that you did not mention outline any reason for not attending immigration on stamped return date.

Not a big deal. 

No big reason would just feel more comfortable seeing the new date in my passport.Once I get the stamp in passport will then be paying some more days in advance to the hotel I am staying at.At the moment paid until 14th.If I get stamp on 13th can pay in advance for more days.

1 hour ago, dj230 said:

why do you want to go earlier?

from what I understand from other members here is when you get the under consideration stamp you're guaranteed the extension, you just have to go and get the stamp. 

I've gotten quite a few extensions and they always gave me the extensions stamp after under consideration stamp, so I don't think you'll have any issues. I always just went on the day they asked me to go on though

You didn’t take any additional paperwork or fee just your passport?

17 hours ago, Hmunker said:

Stamp in Passport(under consideration)says 14th September .Can I go Monday 12th or Tuesday 13th bit earlier.This has been my only one Covid extension I have had as before was on an extension to a visa exempt.I technically lost a week when first applied for this as I went early and that week did not get added on but my Covid extension started then.

I believe Covid extensions ended last month in August.

15 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I believe Covid extensions ended last month in August.

He obtained under consideration ~ Aug 14 and asked to return for stamp Sept 14.

His final stamp will take him till ~ October 14.

BTW OP, the reason you "lost" the week you refer to by going week prior to expiry of your previous permit is that it was your first CE and many offices were starting the 60 from date of application for the first CE.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Hmunker said:

You could go to Immigration around September 16th and would not be on overstay, even without being told on the 14th that the approval has not yet come through. As a practical matter, if immigration has not actually contacted you to inform you (extremely unlikely) that their superiors have refused to approve your extension, you can assume that you will get the stamp. Effectively, it means that your permission to stay has already been extended up to October 14th. It is just that the stamp in your passport confirming that has not been given. Note that, even if Immigration contacted you to stay the extension was denied, starting on that day you would still have seven days to leave the country.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/12/2022 at 11:13 AM, DrJack54 said:

He obtained under consideration ~ Aug 14 and asked to return for stamp Sept 14.

His final stamp will take him till ~ October 14.

BTW OP, the reason you "lost" the week you refer to by going week prior to expiry of your previous permit is that it was your first CE and many offices were starting the 60 from date of application for the first CE.

Ok just to give some feedback as I assume there will be others who will be getting the last covid extension stamp soon.I did go a day earlier 13th than my stamp in passport 14th.They kept the passport gave me a ticket and told me to collect the next day with new date stamp.Collected all ok.

Thanks all.