You are not logged in ▶️ Click to sign-up or login ×
ASEANNOW Official TikTok account is now LIVE! -Follow Us! ×

School director in Twitter lashing after taking the kids football pitch and putting in a golf course for his politico chums

webfact

7 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

Given the space of a football pitch and that this is on school land, one would presume that this is not a full 18 hole course, in fact, it's probably only one hole for practicing pitching and putting.

However, I don't understand why they are using cement, why not grass?

I was thinking that myself ,if they are poring some concrete it could be a golf driving range , that would just about fit on a football pitch ,is it now run by the school  director? ,money going where......... 

8 hours ago, AsianAtHeart said:

Nothing "damning" about teaching children the value of manual labor.   The "damning" part of education in general, worldwide, is the focus on books over physical work.  Students get taught that work is demeaning.  A teacher I know who had just completed her education was hired due to her English superiority.  When asked to help clean her classroom, she refused, saying that's what janitors were hired for.

The school director who teaches the children to do practical work should be praised.

Don't feed the trolls

8 hours ago, AsianAtHeart said:

In this particular case, you may be at least partially right.  I would still contend that the students getting some exercise would be a benefit to their health--most sit around on their phones these days if they have leisure time.

I know of a school, however, that was brought to court in the United States a few years ago, prosecuted by federal attorneys over complaints about the child labor laws--and the school won!  They had students, former students, parents, and community members all testifying on the school's side.  Students said having the work experience really helped them get jobs after graduation.  The judge, who dismissed the case with prejudice (meaning it was not allowed to be retried/appealed), remarked that he wished every school would teach students the value of practical work.  The teachers in this American school, however, were participatory to the work program, and worked with the students, mentoring them in the process.  That was not likely the case at this school in Thailand.

I believe the case you're referring to was a work study program held at the school which is a structured program and balanced with academic classes. That is not the same as what was outlined here in this article and a far cry from pulling students to build something like what's discussed here.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, worgeordie said:

If its a private school ,not much that can be done about it and him,

if public school it needs looking into.

regards Worgeordie

Maybe the parents should all send their children to other schools. No money coming in and possible loss of face and he might change his tune.

19 hours ago, worgeordie said:

If its a private school ,not much that can be done about it and him,

if public school it needs looking into.

regards Worgeordie

Actually all schools both private & government have a governing committee made up of local people which is "SUPPOSED" to oversee school budgets etc.  Sounds like they enjoyed their little piece of the "pie" rather than doing their job.

Must have been a big football field - the same size in area as a golf course - now that's very unlikely --   then would you really believe the pot-boiling stories that keep popping up here on a regular basis. 

UPDATE:

School director backs down: Football returns for the kids and his golf course is no more

image.jpeg

Sanook Thai Caption: (School) golf course plowed up

The director of a school in the north east who turned his kid's football pitch into a mini golf course has been forced into a quick about turn.

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1271891-school-director-backs-down-football-returns-for-the-kids-and-his-golf-course-is-no-more/

• Thumbs Up 1