BKK CW Immigration - any impact from flooding in Laksi area?

1 hour ago, Captor said:

We saw the three IO´s as well but it was not so organized and no tickets or TM-forms.

They do the queue tickets thing mainly in the morning at opening, I believe, to prevent the otherwise crush.

You'll note, my prior post read:

"BKK Immigration seems to now have a newish COVID inspired queue system at opening in the morning..."

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

26 minutes ago, Captor said:

That sounds very good. I will check that up, thank you very much!

Just fyi, for those needing a bank letter to document their 400K or 800K Thai bank deposit for Immigration, BKK CW Immigration will accept bank letters dated up to 1 week prior to your visit... though I usually try to get mine just before, regardless.

And it's OK / no problem if the balance on your bank letter obtained days before doesn't exactly match your required bankbook update the day of your visit -- though obviously all your balances have to remain above the required amounts in order to satisfy Immigration.

For the BKKB and Krungsri branches at the Government Complex, at least, there's no appointment required, just walk in and request and pay... Though there may be a wait of 30 minutes or more at times... So figure that risk into your planning and whether you get an IO queue ticket beforehand.

12 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Just fyi, for those needing a bank letter to document their 400K or 800K Thai bank deposit for Immigration, BKK CW Immigration will accept bank letters dated up to 1 week prior to your visit... though I usually try to get mine just before, regardless.

And it's OK / no problem if the balance on your bank letter obtained days before doesn't exactly match your required bankbook update the day of your visit -- though obviously all your balances have to remain above the required amounts in order to satisfy Immigration.

For the BKKB and Krungsri branches at the Government Complex, at least, there's no appointment required, just walk in and request and pay... Though there may be a wait of 30 minutes or more at times... So figure that risk into your planning and whether you get an IO queue ticket beforehand.

That is very useful information! Thanks a lot! Makes me save a lot of time. Thank you for using your time to writing all this down ????

• Thumbs Up 1

I read this thread carefully since I had heard about the flooding on CW in front of HealthLand (or whatever).

So, this morning (Thursday), I left the house at 5:30 a.m. and crossed over the Rama 4 bridge from Thonburi which dumps onto CW.

Traffic was moderate but moving.  No sign of flooding in front of HealthLand.

Arrived at Government Complex at about 6:15.  There was parking available on the left-hand street side but filling up fast. 

Entering the building, I was surprised to see 3 Immo officers issuing queue tickets -- at 6 in the morning?  I got number 15.

Then, you need to kill time until 8:15 when they start to let people into the Immo office.

For my 90-day report, I got queue # 3.

I was out by 8:40 a.m.

Unfortunately, by that time, a large pick-up truck had double-parked in front of me -- leaving the pick-up in gear...but that's another story.

On the way back, in-bound traffic on CW was backed up from the entrance to the Rama 4 bridge, and bumper-to-bumper until, I suspect, the Laksi intersection with Vibhavadee-Rangsit highway.

Lesson is: Go to Immo/CW at the break of dawn.

3 hours ago, TaoNow said:

I read this thread carefully since I had heard about the flooding on CW in front of HealthLand (or whatever).

So, this morning (Thursday), I left the house at 5:30 a.m. and crossed over the Rama 4 bridge from Thonburi which dumps onto CW.

Traffic was moderate but moving.  No sign of flooding in front of HealthLand.

Arrived at Government Complex at about 6:15.  There was parking available on the left-hand street side but filling up fast. 

Entering the building, I was surprised to see 3 Immo officers issuing queue tickets -- at 6 in the morning?  I got number 15.

Then, you need to kill time until 8:15 when they start to let people into the Immo office.

For my 90-day report, I got queue # 3.

I was out by 8:40 a.m.

Unfortunately, by that time, a large pick-up truck had double-parked in front of me -- leaving the pick-up in gear...but that's another story.

On the way back, in-bound traffic on CW was backed up from the entrance to the Rama 4 bridge, and bumper-to-bumper until, I suspect, the Laksi intersection with Vibhavadee-Rangsit highway.

Lesson is: Go to Immo/CW at the break of dawn.

I arrived at BKK CW on Tuesday at 8 am, having traveled by taxi from Mochit on the tollway to Laksi... And had no traffic whatsoever on the outbound trip at all.

On 9/14/2022 at 5:52 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Couple other details of my BKK CW visit on Tues:

--They're still requiring the COVID questionnaire form to be completed prior to entering the the building where they do NOT ask about your vax status, but DO ask about all kind of other COVID-related things in the prior week -- have you had any recent symptoms, have you been around COVID positive people, have you traveled internationally, have you tested positive, etc etc.

--Also, they are enforcing the face mask wearing policy in the Immigration offices at BKK CW.  While I was sitting inside there waiting for my queue number to be called, there were two other farang guys sitting nearby at various points who were NOT wearing face masks...  And in short order, one of the female IOs came up to each of them, and said 'MISTER!" and told them to put on their face masks. They also chided another guy who was wearing his mask below his nose.... So, come prepared!

hey, could you confirm something for me? I have to go to CW in like 3 weeks for a sticker to be put in my passport, i have an appointment.

however, they sent me this in the last email

"All visitors at the immigration bureau (Chaeng Wattana Immigration office) are required to present proof of negative ATK Test (taken no more than 7 days) and pass through the thermo scanner for temperature checking before entering the building. This requirement will be effective until further notice.

Please be informed that you will be required to prepare proof of your ATK test in order to enter Building B (Gate number 2) for your appointment. You will also be asked to fill in a health screening form (which would take approximately 3 minutes).

Without proof of ATK test, you will not be allowed to enter the building, and your appointment will be automatically rejected."

is this really being enforced? they sent me a picture of an ATK test with a date written on it and name signed.. it's kind of stupid as it doesn't prove anything but..

I don't want to be turned around for not having one, quite the trip for me

4 hours ago, kekalot said:

hey, could you confirm something for me? I have to go to CW in like 3 weeks for a sticker to be put in my passport, i have an appointment.

however, they sent me this in the last email

"All visitors at the immigration bureau (Chaeng Wattana Immigration office) are required to present proof of negative ATK Test (taken no more than 7 days) and pass through the thermo scanner for temperature checking before entering the building. This requirement will be effective until further notice.

Please be informed that you will be required to prepare proof of your ATK test in order to enter Building B (Gate number 2) for your appointment. You will also be asked to fill in a health screening form (which would take approximately 3 minutes).

Without proof of ATK test, you will not be allowed to enter the building, and your appointment will be automatically rejected."

is this really being enforced? they sent me a picture of an ATK test with a date written on it and name signed.. it's kind of stupid as it doesn't prove anything but..

I don't want to be turned around for not having one, quite the trip for me

I think that info regarding mandatory proof of ATK tests was required at some prior period of time, but no longer is.

As I posted above, they now have just the questionnaire that everyone entering the building is required to fill out... asking various things such as... recent travel abroad, recent COVID symptoms, recently having been around COVID cases, etc etc...

I answered no to all of those, and was allowed to enter the building without being required to present any proof of an ATK test or having to do an ATK test...

Now, the question I don't know the answer to is, what would have happened if I had answered YES to any of the various questions on their questionnaire. If I had, perhaps (though I don't know for certain), they might have required something else.

PS - I can't remember off-hand whether they had a temperature scanning machine set up at the entrance or not....

On 9/18/2022 at 12:35 AM, chubby said:

just curious why not take the new MRT instead of the taxi/expressway from MoChit?

If you mean the Red Line, a couple of reasons based on past experience:

1. the logistics for me aren't very good, with a long ride on the Blue line subway, then a long walk from its Bang Sue station to the Red Line's Bang Sue station, and then moreso, last time I tried, about 30 minute headways between Red Line trains, meaning I was sitting there wasting a lot of time.

and 2. When I finally got off the Red Line at Laksi last time I tried, there were zero car taxis anywhere to be seen when I came down out of the Laksi station into the IT mall area heading toward BKK CW.

Last week, I left home at 7 am, went the BTS to Mochit and then tollway taxi to BKK CW route, and walked in the door at Immigration at 7:55 am.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2022 at 4:03 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I think that info regarding mandatory proof of ATK tests was required at some prior period of time, but no longer is.

As I posted above, they now have just the questionnaire that everyone entering the building is required to fill out... asking various things such as... recent travel abroad, recent COVID symptoms, recently having been around COVID cases, etc etc...

I answered no to all of those, and was allowed to enter the building without being required to present any proof of an ATK test or having to do an ATK test...

Now, the question I don't know the answer to is, what would have happened if I had answered YES to any of the various questions on their questionnaire. If I had, perhaps (though I don't know for certain), they might have required something else.

PS - I can't remember off-hand whether they had a temperature scanning machine set up at the entrance or not....

well, I went last Thursday, no tests, no form, no temp check.

i did have to go through a little metal detector airport style thing and walk through another one and that was it.

so much fuss over nothing.

16 hours ago, kekalot said:

well, I went last Thursday, no tests, no form, no temp check.

i did have to go through a little metal detector airport style thing and walk through another one and that was it.

so much fuss over nothing.

So you're saying, they no longer have all the tables at the entrance to the Immigration building where people had long been required to fill out a COVID questionnaire before entering?

They were still doing that in late September when I was last there.

On 10/10/2022 at 6:46 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

So you're saying, they no longer have all the tables at the entrance to the Immigration building where people had long been required to fill out a COVID questionnaire before entering?

They were still doing that in late September when I was last there.

I didn't see none of that no, a little walk in temperature check booth, looked like a metal scanner from airport and an actual xray machine to scan backpacks is all i encountered there.

maybe different entrances have it but i didn't see nothing.