Cheese mates ....how about Penang/Georgetown visa run?

5 hours ago, jfsdoll said:

Yes that's what i get online but not específics regarding "social visa" .....i just understand it goes back to pre covid status ..,

Thanks...

You will get a visa exempt entry when entering Malaysia. Before it was 90 days for those from many countries.

Hello,

I'm planning to go to Malaysia by land next

month, and has anybody been given

90 days to stay in the country

on a visa exempt entry

recently? 

I last went there before Covid came but

was able to get 90 days, though.

Thank you

Edited by Saigon

Dear stratocaster,

Thanx very much for your updated info!

Would you mind my asking you if you last

entered Malaysia by air or by land, and

came back to Thailand from there on a visa

exempt entry or a visa?

WOW, even Banana GH has been closed, too,

hasn't it? I last visited Penang before Covid

came, and it had started to go upmarket

already, though.

Thank you!

5 hours ago, stratocaster said:

I have just returned from one week in Penang. As a UK passport holder I got 90 days on entry. No vaccine or test required to enter. My first visit since Covid after many visits. Lots of Chinese and Indians. Almost never saw a backpacker or a westerner. Chulia street is a shadow of its previous self. All the Thai visa shops appear closed and abandoned. Even the famous Jim's Place and Banana guesthouse. Got the impression Penang is going up market. Two hotels I stay at were 1200 baht with breakfast before Covid are now 2000 baht no breakfast. Both full with Chinese.

What was required to come back in to Thailand ?

Re; I've never had the jab or been tested.

Thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for responses ....

I guess ill do a run there soon then.

And sorry if my homemade "slang" ain't funny & sounds disrespecting to some ....i shall cut the <deleted>. ????...

And whilst at it i reckon i shall apologize as well for all the snitchin' stealin' and so  on of european titles at all levels from our la liga sides ...crist!! 20+ years with 1/5 budget of those epl big guns and nothing has changed ! ????

Cheers!

And sorry if my homemade "slang" ain't funny & sounds disrespecting to some ....i shall cut the <deleted>. ????...

And whilst at it i reckon i shall apologize as well for all the snitchin' stealin' and so  on of european titles at all levels from our la liga sides ...crist!! 20+ years with 1/5 budget of those epl big guns and nothing has changed ! ????

Cheers!

J

31 minutes ago, jfsdoll said:

Cheers!

J

You can say that again.

It would be interesting to hear from anyone who has obtained a tourist visa for Thailand in Penang recently. I assume the Consulate there is still issuing them .

Edited by Padthaigoong

I arrived Penang by air and got 90 days entry. On leaving Penang, as I had no checked baggage I got my boarding pass from the electronic kiosk so no questions about vaccine status from airline staff. Arrived at DMK. There are two girls standing on the walkway. Out of around 150 passengers they stopped two. A guy in front of me was stopped. He showed a piece a paper to the girl but curiously his passport was closed and in his hand. The check took around 5 seconds. There is cubicle where they administer the ATK test if you are stopped and have no vaccination or test certification. This part I overheard so may be wrong.

My two friends decided to take the bus from Penang to Hat Yai as they were going to Samui. Not the ticket office nor the bus driver nor at the border were they asked for any Covid document status and received 30 day visa exempt. Regarding consulate, I met a guy who was refused visa as they would not except his Agoda booking. They wanted to see receipt for payment from hotel.

PS I have arrived twice in the last month at DMK and even though I had an ATK cert was never asked to show it to anyone.

• Thanks 2