24 year old German Finnish speaking foreigner missing in Thailand

webfact

10 minutes ago, ed strong said:

I had a guy i knew go missing in Thailand for about a month. He was a mate of a mate but had met him as he wanted to hear about Thailand.

He went to pattaya, met a teacher and then went back to Surin with her to her families place, at first he was sleeping with her but also with her 3 kids. Then after 1 day contact dissapeared and then nothing for the next 4 weeks but his whatsapp was being used but no replies to us, also approx £200 was being removed from his account every day.

He finally showed up back in UK, very pale and not exactly transparent about what happened.

Basically he was held hostage whilst they nicked all his money, when the money stopped they let him go.

Too bad they've removed the negative emoji's, I reckon it would win an award for the most received. 

This story is an attraction for confused reactions. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 2

Back in 1969 I was surfing in Morocco and living on the beach’s. My mother sent my tax return to a Maroc bank. I would visit it weekly, and each time they said there wasn’t any money…..of course they were keeping it to get more interest…..imagine a few thousand accounts like this and the interest would rack up. Eventually I just gave up, and after a few months the money was returned to England. Of course my mother had no idea what was going on and contacted the local newspaper. They wrote an article with the headline, “Local tripper lost in Morocco.” (My American friends thought tripper meant taking LSD.) The article inside explained about the money/bank etc, and said I was in Morocco to improve my surfing style. (My surfing friends laughed at that, and said, “That didn’t work out to well with all your wipeouts.”

Of course I didn’t find all this out until three months later.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dogmatix said:

What kind of teacher did he meet in Pattaya? Did he check her teaching credentials?

Exactly apparently she was a teacher during the day and at night worked as a greeter for her friends bars, never went with customers though!!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Too bad they've removed the negative emoji's, I reckon it would win an award for the most received. 

This story is an attraction for confused reactions. 

Most of the posts on this forum seem to go straight over your head, or you just confuse yourself trying to interpret them

Its really not that complicated.

Another question I would be asking is he on meds. Has he a history of mental illness or mental disorders? It is not uncommon in Europe for individuals who are not suitable for travel to be granted a passport based on their human rights. If this is the case then his embassy is morally obligated to get involved and disclose all information. Governsments issuing passports to the mentally ill must be held responsible for their actions.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Skallywag said:

He is 24, not a kid. Need some clarification.  Does he normally IG his mom?  That seems odd, why not text or just call.  Did he buy a Thai sim card or use someone else's phone to IG his mom.?  Maybe he wants to go off grid for a month? Has the mother contacted his friends where she is?  Can his bank check his ATM withdrawals? 

I remember my first trips to Thailand in the 90's.  No calls, no mobile phones, no internet really available.  Sent a few post cards, most did not arrive until I got back a month later. 

If he is "missing" hope someone has seen him and reports back!  

What " friends " are you talking about  ?

2 hours ago, riverhigh said:

t is not uncommon in Europe for individuals who are not suitable for travel to be granted a passport based on their human rights

"individuals who are not suitable for travel"? What does this mean exactly? I'm an American and I would consider it a violation of my rights if the government decided where I could and could not go based on their own subjection opinion. I would expect this from North Korea but from Europe??