Thai National Entering Thailand Passport Validity

So, we've been scouring the web without much definitive advice.

My wife is traveling to Thailand Nov 25th.

Her passport expires 15th Jan 2023

Does Thailand enforce/require Thai nationals to have the ubiquitous six months validity on their passport?

Her plan was to first thing when she landed was go get it renewed, but now we're getting twitchy on whether we need to make a quick trip to DC to get it renewed ahead of time

43 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

Does Thailand enforce/require Thai nationals to have the ubiquitous six months validity on their passport?

She will be able to enter, no issues.

However, wont be able to depart with a near expiring PP.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

No she doesn’t, as has been correctly pointed out previously Thais can enter their home country even with an expired passport, though that could cause carriers to be twitchy.

You’ve already confirmed that she will renew her passport on arrival, very good thinking.

I can also confirm that passport renewals here are excellent, my wife renewed her passport in MBK when we visited Bangkok for a long weekend, her new passport was delivered before we got back home.

I’ll move your post to the Thailand Forum, though you’ve already got a definitive answer. 

• Like 2

I agree with the answers about a Thai citizen being allowed to enter Thailand. However some airports and airlines have uninformed check in agents who are real job worths. Be prepared for an arguement just in case and try and get some printed proof to take with you.

9 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

Need to check that airline allows less than 6mths validity otherwise entry to Thailand  on expired ID and Passport is OK

I think all airlines will accept a Thai passport with less than 6 months validity to enter the country. Same for a expired one.