I met a girl last night and for a brief moment she made me feel young again.

bob smith

13 hours ago, bob smith said:

she was definitely marriage material

So you would ruin the perfect memory by marrying her, which gives you only a 50% chance of staying together.

Sometimes the memory is better than the reality. No one ever stays the same.

My perfect girl that I married turned into the psycho from hell that I eventually divorced, so I speak from experience.

Just enjoy the moment, as such will not happen very often, if ever again.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bob smith said:

if she was acting then she deserves on oscar for that performance. she was natural as hell, gave a whole new meaning to the term 'method acting.' 

I'm convinced that many of the BGs that I took on holiday did enjoy being with me, but their plans were to make some money and then go back to real life. The occasional one that I made a mistake with proved that the ones that did enjoy being with me really did so, as no one acts that well over an extended period of time.

One night stands can be faked, but not for a month, IMO.

I'm pleased to say that the good ones outnumbered the bad, and remain as happy memories.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That's one reason why I am a huge fan of Stephen Leather's Private Dancer novel.

Just in case there is still anybody out there who didn't read it until now. It goes like this: 

PETE: I don't know if it was love at first sight, but it was pretty damn close. She had the longest hair I'd ever seen, jet black and almost down to her waist. She smiled all the time and had soft brown eyes that made my heart melt, long legs that just wouldn't quit and a figure to die for.

JOY: To be honest, I never thought I'd see him again. He was a bit drunk, I think, and even though he gave me his gold chain I thought he'd forget about me as soon as he left Bangkok.

Copyright by Stephen Leather

I didn't like that book, but only because of the way it was written. The information in it is priceless for anyone wanting to enjoy Thai BGs.

It did open my eyes to the way Thai men treat their GFs, and explained a lot.

Also went a long way to explaining why my wife fell out of love with me- I treated her too well, as if she was a western woman. She didn't respect me for that, rather as someone to exploit.

13 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe try the following. Tell her a joke or two and make her laugh. And then tell her something else with no reason to laugh. And then observe if she will laugh like you told her the fannies joke ever... 

Bob, you are such a funny guy... 

I never found a Thai girl with a western sense of humour, but they'd be reduced to rolling around the bed laughing at those stupid ( to me ) Thai comedy reality shows with the katoey.

I also never found one that had a romantic gene.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

In reality she's probably an alcoholic, loves to party, and getting paid to party and flirt with guys sure beats working in an office.

I agree with everything except the alcoholic. I never experienced that in the ones I took away to the beach. An alcoholic can't get by without for a day let alone a fortnight, unless they are recovering alcoholics.

Sure, some do drink too much, but not all by far.

8 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Only one customer a day on 25 days per month should bring at least 50k. That is definitely more than most office workers. 

That would be true if it were the norm, but IMO it only applies to the very best looking or at high season for most, and even that would not be every night.

I used to frequent Hollywood Royale in Nana which went on till after dawn back in the good old days, and there were always enough girls left to carry on till after dawn.

Also, if anyone has watched the passing parade at closing time of Nana, there must have been hundreds of them hadn't caught a customer.

Conversely, there was one extremely attractive dancer in Playskool that always ( on the many nights I spent in that establishment ) had at least one short time every night, and always came back for another try, of which she got many.

• Thumbs Up 1

A few things to consider if you are indeed looking at something long term. 

1. Try to find out how long she has been working in the industry. Do not rely on what she tells you. They all have stories, and many are coached to say what you want to hear. You might want to consider hiring a private investigator. You would be surprised at what they can find out. I think a successful relationship with a bargirl is possible, but it is likely in direct proportion to how long she has been in the business, and whether or not she is beyond several hundred "customers" already. Just an opinion. 

2. I think finding a good woman requires a proper qualification process. Taking a long time to make a determination to see if she is worthy of your time, and devotion, is always a good idea. See what she is made of. See what kind of heart and soul she has. How do you like and trust her family? Many women like to push the timetable. It is up to us to push back. One year? Two years? Longer? She has already made it pretty clear that she needs to support her family. So, you are looking at a commitment of 15,000 to 30,000 baht a month, realistically, and in many cases with a young beauty, you would need to build her a house within a couple of years, and she would likely want kids. 2-5 million baht, these days for the house. Worth taking your time? You bet. Alot of guys here lose their minds, and in the process they lose their shirts too. Why? They did not take their time and found out later that she was not who they thought she was! 

3. There are plenty of very good women here. Take your time finding one, and keep your standards high. You owe that to yourself. 

4. The last option is just keep it casual. Be like Bond. Don't get all caught up emotionally. Just have some fun. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm convinced that many of the BGs that I took on holiday did enjoy being with me, but their plans were to make some money and then go back to real life. The occasional one that I made a mistake with proved that the ones that did enjoy being with me really did so, as no one acts that well over an extended period of time.

One night stands can be faked, but not for a month, IMO.

I'm pleased to say that the good ones outnumbered the bad, and remain as happy memories.

i've had a few such experience over the years. I once met a dark skinned beauty in krabi, we had an absolute ball friday, saturday & sunday. We went to breakfast on Monday and i gave her a tip, she said i didnt have to but i felt obliged. she paid for breakfast and then caught a bus to god knows where. my last memory was of her driving off into the sunset and a little bar a few doors down playing the eagles... these kind of memories last a life time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

1. Try to find out how long she has been working in the industry. Do not rely on what she tells you. They all have stories, and many are coached to say what you want to hear. You might want to consider hiring a private investigator. You would be surprised at what they can find out. I think a successful relationship with a bargirl is possible, but it is likely in direct proportion to how long she has been in the business, and whether or not she is beyond several hundred "customers" already. Just an opinion. 

And then there is the invention of facebook. Normally I avoid it, but I have a dummy account to be able to look at all those profiles with unrestricted access for everybody.

Get the facebook page from one girl in a bar and likely most of the other girls in that bar will be her friends. Lots of pictures and lots of details, sometimes with many years of history. And often "new" facebook pages every couple of months or years or even parallel at the same time. Like: Oh, she was married to that guy a year ago, and then she created a new page...

Obviously many girls also don't tell all the truth on facebook, but there is already a lot of information for anybody who is interested in a long term relationship.

P.S. I am not up to date with this, maybe by now it's Instagram or TikTok or whatever. I am sure the principle is the same.

11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Give these a read... you’ll get there... 

Quick Summary: Bob goes to a gogo-bar..  girl is with another foreigner, the other foreigner is old and has fallen asleep. Bob heroically saves this girl from the sleepy grasp of the narcoleptic old foreigner... she loves him, Bobs a hero....  

Bob, amazed that this girl is wonderful and pays for her own stuff, takes her to Koh Chang, she’ll pay !!... Bobs pulled a rich girl, Bobs got game....  

Girl wants money from Bob or her brothers will come and beat him up... turns out bob doesn’t have game !!!

Why would these be relevant to what I said? I met a girl on Bangla road, at 11  am. And 14 years later we are in the  process  or raising two adorable little girls, both fluent in Thai and English, while my beloved just completed her masters degree.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

2. I think finding a good woman requires a proper qualification process. Taking a long time to make a determination to see if she is worthy of your time, and devotion, is always a good idea. See what she is made of. See what kind of heart and soul she has. How do you like and trust her family? Many women like to push the timetable. It is up to us to push back. One year? Two years? Longer? She has already made it pretty clear that she needs to support her family. So, you are looking at a commitment of 15,000 to 30,000 baht a month, realistically, and in many cases with a young beauty, you would need to build her a house within a couple of years, and she would likely want kids. 2-5 million baht, these days for the house. Worth taking your time? You bet. Alot of guys here lose their minds, and in the process they lose their shirts too. Why? They did not take their time and found out later that she was not who they thought she was! 

I lived with my wife for a year before we got married, so either she really knew how to play the long con, or her family poisoned her against me because I wasn't going to give them money. I believe it was the latter, and she admitted as much.

13 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

Don't get it. Been taking my wife to KC once or twice a year since we've met 14 years ago. Even our two daughters wouldn't want to miss our holidays there.

And I met her in a bar on Bangla road at 11 am. I was her very first customer. We boomboomed 3 days later. I know that's a bit precipitated for a Thai lady.

3 days before you can do a bar girl? ROFL