Would you buy one ?

Social Media

Nope...    As soon as they become even remotely close to being a viable mode of transport they will be heavily licensed and legislated against to such a degree to make them utterly pointless. 

I simply do not see a near future with localised airborne transport being permitted without fully licence pilots, flight plans, restricted air-space etc.

The idea that we could ‘pop out on an air-bike from our drive-way or front of condo building and land at an inner city shopping mall, either at the front or on the roof’ and beat the traffic is an utter pipe dream.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Nope...    As soon as they become even remotely close to being a viable mode of transport they will be heavily licensed and legislated against to such a degree to make them utterly pointless. 

I simply do not see a near future with localised airborne transport being permitted without fully licence pilots, flight plans, restricted air-space etc.

The idea that we could ‘pop out on an air-bike from our drive-way or front of condo building and land at an inner city shopping mall, either at the front or on the roof’ and beat the traffic is an utter pipe dream.

I gotta agree.

Not to mention the waste of energy, very hazardous flying due to cables and other flying vehicles, unaffordable insurance premiums (hello airbikes falling out of the sky onto other vehicles, into homes) ...

Anyone who has ever tried to or watched someone try to control and even stop a hover-craft may understand....    erm..  no way anything like this ever takes off... (pun intended). 

Drone delivery in build up areas is also another pending issue - rural area’s fine. 

In built up areas (cities and towns) there is simply too much that can go wrong - legislation will win.

I don't think we will have so many licenced pilots to fly these things, so the future of these flying objects will be autopilots only, sit and pray you get there safely...! ????

If this thing comes as scooter with underseat space, I might consider it for a supermarket run ....????