High-Risk Groups Urged to Get Flu Shots

webfact

40 minutes ago, Padthaigoong said:

That's not a very high bar considering most people don't even realise they have Omicron until some wise guy sticks a swab up their nose.

i don't think that's true, it will be something like 35% asymptomatic. Can take vaccinated people 3-7 days for symptoms to pass

• Thumbs Up 1

I had the flu a number when living in America.  I would get a high fever, chills,  weakness.  
Since then about 30 years ago or so,  I have gotten the flu vaccine every year.  While living in America,  and now in Bangkok.  I have not gotten the flu since then. 
Since living in Bangkok,  I get my vaccine at a major international hospital.  I was told by one of my doctors that the vaccine is for the flu strains in Southeast Asia only.  Not sure about the accuracy of that.  But it makes sense. 

• Like 1

This makes sense... Particularly after so much ‘isolation and social distancing’......    this next ‘flu season’ could kick our backside because most of us have ‘fallen outside of the exposure loop’...  i.e. usually we’d be exposed to a subtle shift in variant each season and our immunity / antibodies would ‘keep up’ perhaps from the previous flu season or most recent exposure. 

While isolating and social distancing etc we have taken a few years break from higher risk of exposure to flu - our resilience as a society may well have diminished somewhat. 

Taking a flu vaccine now is a very good idea IMO. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Padthaigoong said:

Sorry to hear that.

Keep your vaccination schedule up to date.

where to get more covid and flu shots in Bkk? More concerned with the flu, killed my grandfather- he was 26!

Edited by proton

3 hours ago, proton said:

where to get more covid and flu shots in Bkk? More concerned with the flu, killed my grandfather- he was 26!

My condolences.

I am not a doctor, however, perhaps you should consider having Paxlovid on standby in addition to a full course of vaccination in the event you come down with a sniffle since you seem genetically vulnerable to respiratory viruses.

Consult a medical professional.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, bang saen guy said:

Was told by a nurse that this was the latest. Recently paid 1200 at BHP

Great, that is fair enough. I'm gonna try the one on Sukhumvit down from Big-C South this weekend. 

As an aside I encourage all older folks to get the Pneumonia shot for elders. 

18 minutes ago, connda said:

I'll pass.  Haven't had a flu shot for 17 years; haven't had the flu for 17 years.  Go figure.  ????

I only had flu in 2010 and now, luck of the draw, it's not nice, drags on, when you think it's going it returns, lots about apparently 

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Thumbs Up 1