Growing lemon tree

EricTh

They must have them somewhere because our neighbors have us some her sister grew....So they are somewhere....

My neighbor said Thais don't like them - can't be used for Thai cooking....

We made lemonade....

There's a huge garden, landscaping market behind the Tesco off the super highway just as the highway downsizes into a section with traffic lights.....North of the Central Mall about 3-5 kilos..

IMG_20220919_223615.jpg

31 minutes ago, Bobtheblob said:

We have 2 lemon trees in our garden in isan lots of fruits easy to look after.

IMG-20220509-WA0002.jpg

That's a really nice big lemon you have there. Lemons are expensive to buy in Thailand.

How long does it take for you to grow your lemon tree? Does it need a lot of water and fertilizer?

Edited by EricTh

2 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

can't be used for Thai cooking....

My wife would beg to differ.  We lived in Las Vegas and limes were expensive when compared to the large annual crop of lemons we got from our tree.  We bought a motorized juicer and would save enough frozen juice to last a year.   The rest of the lemons were given to a friend who owns the Lotus of Siam restaurant.

We put the juice in little to-go sauce cups and froze it.  The resultant Thai dishes were excellent.

IMG_1657.thumb.JPG.70e10abf86c7a161fdc21fc5b157c4db.JPGIMG_1656.thumb.JPG.b6078c45f917ae8295565b23f1169543.JPG

Edited by gamb00ler
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

We have 2 lemon trees on the property in CM - - I don't think there is much looking after done - and there always seem to be plenty of fruit... I boil them with apples and make delicious juice... 

Any photos of your lemon tree?

18 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

We have around 10 lemon trees on our farm in Korat.

2 of them I bought. The others I grew from seed. They are pretty hardy, easy to grow and give lots of fruit.

If it's easy to grow, then why is it that we can find green lime everywhere but hardly any lemon in Thailand?

11 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

They must have them somewhere because our neighbors have us some her sister grew....So they are somewhere....

My neighbor said Thais don't like them - can't be used for Thai cooking....

We made lemonade....

There's a huge garden, landscaping market behind the Tesco off the super highway just as the highway downsizes into a section with traffic lights.....North of the Central Mall about 3-5 kilos..

IMG_20220919_223615.jpg

Kamthieng Flower Market 

• Thanks 1